Kodi Community Forum
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] (/showthread.php?tid=98060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- Thomss - 2011-04-19

wow, this is sweet lovely little skin and is super fast.
Love it, thank you! Big Grin

- mfwilli - 2011-04-20

Am I missing an option to disable the thumb switching to info? I'd like to keep the thumb displayed at all times, even on focus.

- bircoe - 2011-04-21

pecinko: nice work, love the skin, nice simple and FAST on ATV2...

The only little gripe I have, probably more of an annoyance, when you have the view set to fanart/media info, change a video, when the poster goes away and changes to the fanart/mediainfo the previous fanart is visible for a second or so...

Do you know about this already? is this an ATV2 only thing?

Also in the fanart/mediainfo view it would be great to have the synopsis under the info, there looks to be plenty of room there.

Thanks for a great skin.

- pecinko - 2011-04-21

mfwilli Wrote:Am I missing an option to disable the thumb switching to info? I'd like to keep the thumb displayed at all times, even on focus.

Like in file mode?

- pecinko - 2011-04-21

bircoe Wrote:fanart/mediainfo the previous fanart is visible for a second or so...

Do you know about this already? is this an ATV2 only thing?

Fixed. Partially my fault as I was primarily making skin for myself and did not bother to sandbox things.

OTOH, ATV2 can't keep up with some of the animations and I have 3 different results running on MacbookPro, ION330 and ATV2 :-(

But as intended update ended in complete overhaul of a skin, I'll see what I can do about that.

- bircoe - 2011-04-22

Not a big issue, just through I'd point it out in case you didn't know about it, I kind of suspected it would be an ATV2 performance issue.

PS keep the name, don't listen to all the complaints about the name being close to Aeon Nox... it's not that close and it's a pretty cool name.

- zad3717 - 2011-04-22

I put this skin on last night and its good. One thing I did notice straight away was when I move over a film the artwork comes on then fades out rather quickly to a black screen...

I looked for settings to either turn it off etc but could not find.?

cheers

- pecinko - 2011-04-22

zad3717 Wrote:I put this skin on last night and its good. One thing I did notice straight away was when I move over a film the artwork comes on then fades out rather quickly to a black screen...

I looked for settings to either turn it off etc but could not find.?

cheers

Fixed for new release.

- zad3717 - 2011-04-23

pecinko Wrote:Fixed for new release.

Cool, any idea when next release is out? I like it a lot thank you...

- pecinko - 2011-04-23

I need to iron up a few things, test some more on ATV2 and make a repository. I should be able to release it next week.

- Baswazz - 2011-04-23

Really awesome work. I like it. Different from other skins. Original movie view, only if there is only one.
When seeing the screenshots, it did not really impress me. But, there has been some writing about this skin on the internet. So i thought i give it a test.
I am impressed now. Can't wait what this skin will bring in the future, keep up the good work pecinko.

Some tips:
Can you add a option to add 'apple trailers lite' to the movies submenu, like Alaska revisted skin has.
Also nice that the clock and date is only visible in the XBMC menu. That makes it clean, keep it like that. Big Grin
Maybey check what the skin does with other languages. Some words are to long in Dutch for example.

Last added: movies/series option in home if it does not slow the skin down:

- bole5 - 2011-04-24

Hi Pecinko,

Great skin. I'm running the latest nightly builds for ATV2, and miss seeing the cache progress on the seek bar. To add that feature, just add the image OSDProgressMidLight.png, and the following code to the DialogSeekbar.xml:
Code:
<control type="progress">
                                <description>Progress Bar Cache</description>
                                <posx>10</posx>
                                <posy>48</posy>
                                <width>1120</width>
                                <info>Player.ProgressCache</info>
                                <midtexture border="6,0,6,0">OSDProgressMidLight.png</midtexture>
                                <visible>true</visible>
                        </control>

A nice feature would be allowing people to choose bigger fonts. This would be very useful when running XBMC with NOX on a bedroom (smaller) TV or an iPhone...

Keep up the good work.

- Baswazz - 2011-04-24

bole5 Wrote:A nice feature would be allowing people to choose bigger fonts. This would be very useful when running XBMC with NOX on a bedroom (smaller) TV or an iPhone...

Keep up the good work.

Great point you mention, for the movie description for example.

- pecinko - 2011-04-24

bole5 Wrote:A nice feature would be allowing people to choose bigger fonts. This would be very useful when running XBMC with NOX on a bedroom (smaller) TV or an iPhone...

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the code, I'll take a look.

As for the fonts. Try going to appearance and choosing System font instead of skin default. Does it work?

- pecinko - 2011-04-24

Baswazz Wrote:Some tips:
Can you add a option to add 'apple trailers lite' to the movies submenu, like Alaska revisted skin has.

Thanks for the kind words.

I will not be adding it, but there will be an option to use favourites and add it yourself - either as submenu item or as one of item shown above main bar.

Recently added is already implemented in new version, take a look at few posts above, where you can also find some other details on prepared changes.

I tried and I'm keep trying to make skin language agnostic. What seams to be problem with Dutch? Please, post a screenshot if you find the time.