Kodi Community Forum
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] (/showthread.php?tid=98060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- bole5 - 2011-04-24

pecinko Wrote:As for the fonts. Try going to appearance and choosing System font instead of skin default. Does it work?

The only option for Settings/Appearance/Skin/Fonts is 'default', which I guess is ok as the only fontset defined in Fonts.xml is 'default'.

- pecinko - 2011-04-24

bole5 Wrote:The only option for Settings/Appearance/Skin/Fonts is 'default', which I guess is ok as the only fontset defined in Fonts.xml is 'default'.

OK, let's take a bigger hammer - goto skin folder, fonts and rename skin font, so system can't find it. It will fallback to system one.

I included thicker font as alternative in new version.

- s364266 - 2011-04-24

Great that you are so responsive to the feedback - basically adding more and more features on the fly! But hopefully the moving target won't delay you too much - I must say I am looking very much forward to seeing the outcome :-)

A thicker font is a good idea. On the current black background the thinner font works fine, but if I understood it right your next version will allow users to choose a picture as custom background.

I am running Nox on Apple TV 1st generation and it's very smooth!

- pecinko - 2011-04-24

s364266 Wrote:Great that you are so responsive to the feedback - basically adding more and more features on the fly! But hopefully the moving target won't delay you too much - I must say I am looking very much forward to seeing the outcome :-)

I'll have to disappoint you - I'm not that good at skinning. I begun working on a new release as soon as NOX was out adding features I would like to have, that didn't make it to NOX.

That's the only reason I react so quickly when people demand things:-)

- bole5 - 2011-04-24

pecinko Wrote:OK, let's take a bigger hammer - goto skin folder, fonts and rename skin font, so system can't find it. It will fallback to system one.

I included thicker font as alternative in new version.

Thanks for that. I like the font you included with the skin it is just the text size, so editing Font.xml and increasing all "smaller" font sizes works fine too.

The skin is very snappy and simple. Thanks for your work.

- Baswazz - 2011-04-24

pecinko Wrote:Thanks for the kind words.

I will not be adding it, but there will be an option to use favourites and add it yourself - either as submenu item or as one of item shown above main bar.

Recently added is already implemented in new version, take a look at few posts above, where you can also find some other details on prepared changes.

I tried and I'm keep trying to make skin language agnostic. What seams to be problem with Dutch? Please, post a screenshot if you find the time.

Owk, np. If there is a option to use it as favorite to see it in the submenu or as second option in menu bar above then there is nothing to add Big Grin

Yes i readed the entire topic yesterday, i know where i can find it. But i thought maybey a nice option as-well.

I will send you a pm with some photo's.

- pecinko - 2011-04-25

bole5 Wrote:Thanks for that. I like the font you included with the skin it is just the text size, so editing Font.xml and increasing all "smaller" font sizes works fine too.

I understood you the first time. It's just that increasing font size may make problem on some of the windows. Alt. font for new release will be the same type face as the default one, just little thicker.

That's something I can do without checking every single window, which I must do in case of size increasing.

Did you had in mind some specific window/dialog/textbox or is it a global matter?

Please, post your results with increase size experiment. If all goes well, I'd consider making it default. Nod

- pecinko - 2011-04-25

bole5 Wrote:Hi Pecinko,

Great skin. I'm running the latest nightly builds for ATV2, and miss seeing the cache progress on the seek bar. To add that feature, just add the image OSDProgressMidLight.png,

Added.

- bole5 - 2011-04-25

pecinko Wrote:Added.

Thanks.

- pecinko - 2011-04-25

OK guys, it's finished. New icons will have to wait...

I tested it as far as I could, but there are a few parts of Xbmc that I don't use and, frankly, I'm very tired. I have both 10.1 and pre 11 on my machine, quite a mess on my NAS, 28 skin versions scattered on HDD.. so help would be appreciated.

Any of you willing to test it a bit, just to make sure that at least major bugs get smashed before it goes public? If so PM me. I'll try to make a repo in the meantime.

- Baswazz - 2011-04-25

Great news. Good to hear some positive signs. Big Grin

- kizer - 2011-04-26

Hitcher Wrote:Today's hacks are tomorrow's features. Wink

Sounds like a Microsoft Bug.
Its not a Bug its a Feature. LOL

Testing - tomwrob - 2011-04-26

pecinko Wrote:OK guys, it's finished. New icons will have to wait...

I tested it as far as I could, but there are a few parts of Xbmc that I don't use and, frankly, I'm very tired. I have both 10.1 and pre 11 on my machine, quite a mess on my NAS, 28 skin versions scattered on HDD.. so help would be appreciated.

Any of you willing to test it a bit, just to make sure that at least major bugs get smashed before it goes public? If so PM me. I'll try to make a repo in the meantime.

Hey, I would be glad to test the new release for you on atv2

Thanks for all your work Nerd

- pecinko - 2011-04-26

Testers,

according to my testings, new release should perform smoothly on ATV2. Please, post your findings about possible speed bottlenecks and I'll see what I can do. You can try experimenting with disabling views and choosing system font in System/Settings/Appearance/Font to squeeze out maximum.

Thanks, P.

- s364266 - 2011-04-26

Thanks Pecinko, it's beautiful! The custom background allows users to give some personal flavour to this great skin. With the thicker font selected, the text remains nicely visible against the background image! Also I like the fact that the shortcuts are now per section, allowing users to put many more than just 5 altogether.

One thing I noticed is that in the OSD, I couldn't anymore get to the settings for e.g. sound (to change the language of hide subtitles), but I found out that's because I switched to Kiosk mode. Does the Kiosk mode actually have any other effects?