Kodi Community Forum
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] (/showthread.php?tid=98060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- Glorion - 2011-04-26

I dont have the time to do a full test, but what i've seen in a quick look makes me sing.
I like it a lot. Thanks for the work.

(Not a bug, but an esthetic thing: The Text scrolling on "Recently Added". (The kategory name on the homescreen.) Maybe there is a reason, but i would call it just "New".)

But maybe i'm the only one who is whining 'bout that.

More from me tonight. ;-)

- alexdzn - 2011-04-26

On ATV 2 latest nightly build the skin is working fast, smooth and great look! No issues in video, music, foto, keyboard, backgrounds, favorites and submenu for me. Only two small things: 1. titles (___films,_ music,_ foto,___ addons, xbmc_______) in main menu are not proportional to display borders (left - right sides), 2. xbmc main picture on top of the homescreen is a bit small, may be to increase size in 2x.

- Baswazz - 2011-04-26

maybey i am doing something wrong.
But i added a custom submenu in Skin settings - Movies.
Configure item 1.
I select Apple trailers lite. Give it the name Trailers
It does not appear in the list movies on the homescreen.

Great improvements in the skin keep it up.

- pecinko - 2011-04-26

Baswazz Wrote:maybey i am doing something wrong.
But i added a custom submenu in Skin settings - Movies.
Configure item 1.
I select Apple trailers lite. Give it the name Trailers
It does not appear in the list movies on the homescreen.

Great improvements in the skin keep it up.

Hm... Works fine here. Did you press Done on virtual keyboard/Enter to confirm name change?

- pecinko - 2011-04-26

alexdzn Wrote:On ATV 2 latest nightly build the skin is working fast, smooth and great look! No issues in video, music, foto, keyboard, backgrounds, favorites and submenu for me. Only two small things: 1. titles (___films,_ music,_ foto,___ addons, xbmc_______) in main menu are not proportional to display borders (left - right sides)

Great!

As for the alignment. They are aligned to the left to be inline with submenu items. Previous version was centering them because submenu items were centered too.

- Baswazz - 2011-04-26

pecinko Wrote:Hm... Works fine here. Did you press Done on virtual keyboard/Enter to confirm name change?

I shall test it once more. I did it on XBMC Live 10.1
Now i installed XBMC 10.1 on my windows 7 pc. And there it does work.

On windows the description with List + Info is shown good. So it is on xbmc live only i think.

Edit: I restart the system. Added it again. Now it does work. Don't know what went wrong.

- s364266 - 2011-04-26

Noticed one strange thing now: I used a picture as custom background for the skin, and now when browsing movies, the fanart pictures are somehow blended together with my custom picture... Looks kind of interesting but not how it's supposed to be I guess!

- Baswazz - 2011-04-26

Another suggestion. Can you make the flags a little bigger for 1080, 720, dts, 5.1 etc.
Hard to read from the couch. Big Grin

- pecinko - 2011-04-26

Baswazz Wrote:Another suggestion. Can you make the flags a little bigger for 1080, 720, dts, 5.1 etc.
Hard to read from the couch. Big Grin

Bug reports not feature suggestions, please :p

- pecinko - 2011-04-26

s364266 Wrote:Noticed one strange thing now: I used a picture as custom background for the skin, and now when browsing movies, the fanart pictures are somehow blended together with my custom picture... Looks kind of interesting but not how it's supposed to be I guess!

Vacation photos are not supported in this release Smile

I'll give it some thought, it's a design decision to keep skin as fast as possible.

- pecinko - 2011-04-26

Glorion Wrote:(Not a bug, but an esthetic thing: The Text scrolling on "Recently Added". (The kategory name on the homescreen.) Maybe there is a reason, but i would call it just "New".)

This should happen only if using system font. I suggest using Light or Regular font, as the skin was designed for those. System font is slightly bigger and wider, hence it would probably cause a few misalignments. System font is there mainly for troubleshooting.

- gobbledigook - 2011-04-26

just seen this skin today Smile like it a lot.... i like KISS skins. good clean layouts.

my first impressions/bugs?

my music is all over the place so we just queue songs up through the "files" view, but i cannot seem to find it on this skin? also the BIGGER issue is that i unticked all the options for the "music" submenu and it disappeared!! so i went back to the skin options and ticked all the options EXCEPT hide music... and i still cannot see the "music" menu on the home screen... and yes i did restart xbmc.

second issue is around the central navigation, the home screen doesn't allow you to simply select "TV shows" and you go to your TV showsHuh you have to select one of the shortcut options below.... all well and good, but there isn't an option to go to my TV shows? you have to select "library" (really like the 3 dots!!!! as well as in the other menu's Smile ) BUT the library option takes you to the top-level of the library, so you have to select TV show > title negating the function of the "movies" and "TV shows" buttons on the home screen...

i really like the list/fanart view, but wish that the text was a little larger, especially for the plot window, maybe a slightly bigger/bolder font option ?

i don't want you to think this is a scathing attack on your skin, i generally like the feel of it, but as i can no longer play music i am gonna have to pass for now Smile

Thanx! for your work, the 5mb skin Wink

- pecinko - 2011-04-26

gobbledigook Wrote:i don't want you to think this is a scathing attack on your skin, i generally like the feel of it, but as i can no longer play music i am gonna have to pass for now Smile

Would you like to test new release? Old release is not supported anymore. I hope to replace it with release once some testing is done.

- Glorion - 2011-04-26

Ok, now i tested it on a Mac and the aTV2.
I could not find any mayor bugs. (except that it is really hard to navigate because everything is so fast)
The only three things i was able to find (after a persistent search :-)) were:
1. When i start XBMC my library updates automatically and the addons send a messsage that there is an update available. Both infoboxes overlap in the upper left side of the screen.

2. Is hard to describe so here is a picture:
It appears on every "add Source" Screen.

3. Don't know if you added them, but there were no navigation sounds on the Computer.

Feature request:
The description for movies are showing up a little bit to slow (for me). Maybe you could change the time for the change from cover view to infos view. (or tell me how to do it)

- pecinko - 2011-04-26

@Glorion Thanks. I'll take a look. How are you satisfied with backgrounds added?

EDIT:

ad 3) Settings/Appearance/Skin/Navsounds set to skin default . Is is there?