Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

- pkscout - 2011-08-15

I just noticed an interesting XBMC behavior that isn't what I expected (in a good way) that might make this script easier to manage moving forward (if someone can confirm anyway). Here goes.

I'm using XBMC 10.1 (stable) on Windows 7. I noticed tonight that I hadn't gotten the last two episodes of Falling Skies yet even though they are on the TNT web site. I looked at the files in Windows, and the problem was that they aren't named right. Apparently the TNT web site lists the last two episode as 1x108 and 1x109 (clearly not right). I decided to rename them to get XBMC to add them and then see what XBMC.MyLibrary would do with them.

When I renamed then I wasn't thinking, and I went ahead and changed the .mpg extent ion to .strm. Then I scanned for new content in XBMC. The weird thing is that XBMC happily added the .strm files to the library, and they play just fine. So at least on my install of 10.1 you apparently don't need to load the files as .mpg files and then do the database rename after the fact.

If this is all true and can be confirmed it seems like we could fork the code to do things qn easier way if you have 10.1 or have a configuration option for the version of XBMC that could bypass a huge chunk of the renaming logic.

- bradvido88 - 2011-08-15

pkscuot Wrote:I just noticed an interesting XBMC behavior that isn't what I expected (in a good way) that might make this script easier to manage moving forward (if someone can confirm anyway). Here goes.

I'm using XBMC 10.1 (stable) on Windows 7. I noticed tonight that I hadn't gotten the last two episodes of Falling Skies yet even though they are on the TNT web site. I looked at the files in Windows, and the problem was that they aren't named right. Apparently the TNT web site lists the last two episode as 1x108 and 1x109 (clearly not right). I decided to rename them to get XBMC to add them and then see what XBMC.MyLibrary would do with them.

When I renamed then I wasn't thinking, and I went ahead and changed the .mpg extent ion to .strm. Then I scanned for new content in XBMC. The weird thing is that XBMC happily added the .strm files to the library, and they play just fine. So at least on my install of 10.1 you apparently don't need to load the files as .mpg files and then do the database rename after the fact.

If this is all true and can be confirmed it seems like we could fork the code to do things qn easier way if you have 10.1 or have a configuration option for the version of XBMC that could bypass a huge chunk of the renaming logic.
Good find, but it only works for TV Shows, not Movies or Music Videos:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69882

I believe I had the TV Shows also changed from .mpg to .strm just to keep things consistent, since i had to write the logic for movies and music videos anyway....

- Lunatixz - 2011-08-20

how do you add a source that doesn't need subfolders... My playon plug in goes directly to list of tv shows... so a subfolder isn't needed...

- amirite - 2011-08-25

I'm wondering the same thing. I was trying to add South Park Studios as a source, but the root folder contains all the seasons so I wanna just scan in the whole thing.

This app is still going strong for me. I get weird behavior occasionally though... like 'dud' links on some shows that actually start working again after I run another scan. This could just be related to videos that are broken on the plugin side, I haven' tested that thoroughly yet.

any progress on this project from anyone? - akuiraz - 2011-08-30

Now that the projects source is available, has anyone made any fixes / improvements? Possibly an update for the JSON-RPC commands to support the latest NIGHTLY's?

bradvido88: I would like to try and do some of this myself, however I'm unsure how to set this up in a Java IDE enviornment... which IDE do you use? Eclipse? any explanation on how to setup the project would be very helpful as I seem to be lost on that part.

I took a Java programming coarse in high school but things have changed somewhat since.... thanks in advance~!

- bradvido88 - 2011-08-30

akuiraz Wrote:Now that the projects source is available, has anyone made any fixes / improvements? Possibly an update for the JSON-RPC commands to support the latest NIGHTLY's?

bradvido88: I would like to try and do some of this myself, however I'm unsure how to set this up in a Java IDE enviornment... which IDE do you use? Eclipse? any explanation on how to setup the project would be very helpful as I seem to be lost on that part.

I took a Java programming coarse in high school but things have changed somewhat since.... thanks in advance~!
You can use whatever IDE you want. Netbeans or Eclipse are popular. I released the code only, nothing specific to the IDE.... so take your pick.

- bradvido88 - 2011-08-30

amirite Wrote:I'm wondering the same thing. I was trying to add South Park Studios as a source, but the root folder contains all the seasons so I wanna just scan in the whole thing.

This app is still going strong for me. I get weird behavior occasionally though... like 'dud' links on some shows that actually start working again after I run another scan. This could just be related to videos that are broken on the plugin side, I haven' tested that thoroughly yet.
I'll check on this, I didn't anticipate plugins listing videos in the main directory.

In the meantime, you could try adding a subfolder with name=".*" and regex_name="true". Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a shot.

- akuiraz - 2011-08-30

bradvido88 Wrote:You can use whatever IDE you want. Netbeans or Eclipse are popular. I released the code only, nothing specific to the IDE.... so take your pick.

Any chance you could post a short how to for me? I can't manage to get the project setup to compile... I'm using Eclipse, i'll give Netbeans a shot while I wait to hear back from you...

- Deviant Khan - 2011-09-07

I really am interested in using this and I understand some of the basics. However, I'm having some trouble configuring this properly. Would anyone be able to post example Config.xml files with username/passwords removed? Just having an example "working" version of this XML file would greatly help.

- Deviant Khan - 2011-09-08

Also, it appears that you have to have PlayOn to get Netflix to work properly, which is $4.99 per month or a one-time fee of $73. If How to intergrate Netflix as seamless as possible. works well would it be possible to utilize such a method to bypass the need for PlayOn?

- pkscout - 2011-09-09

Deviant Khan Wrote:Also, it appears that you have to have PlayOn to get Netflix to work properly, which is $4.99 per month or a one-time fee of $73. If How to intergrate Netflix as seamless as possible. works well would it be possible to utilize such a method to bypass the need for PlayOn?

I don't think so. The description in the post you listed simply launches the WMC Netflix plugin, so there is no way to get a directory listing or stream URLs for XBMC.MyLibrary to work. You could probably use XBMCFlicks instead of PlayOn in the same way you can use Bluecop's Hulu plugin instead of PlayOn for Hulu.

- RockerC - 2011-09-09

bradvido88 Wrote:Overview:
This program lets you add content from anything, such as Plugins, upnp:// sources, etc. to XBMC's native video library. I created a sample video of what the end product looks like.
Cool concept, but could you maybe try to get the developers to extend this discussed unified music addon frontend to support adding online videos to XBMC's video library as well instead as a long term solution.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105147

That way it be done the same way for movies and music in XBMC's core, and there would no longer be any need for custom solutions for these different third-party solutions.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012

- JasonMeudt - 2011-09-09

Lunatixz Wrote:how do you add a source that doesn't need subfolders... My playon plug in goes directly to list of tv shows... so a subfolder isn't needed...

I agree! This has been one of the most frustrating things for XBMC in general... regardless of the use of myLibrary or not!

I use SageTV as the 'backend' for my recordings, and it dumps all the recordings into a single directory... just like a JBOD array. Importing them into XBMC appears to be a monumental task requiring quite a few other programs AND duplicate files, due to the necessities of both programs.

-Jason

- pkscout - 2011-09-09

JasonMeudt Wrote:I use SageTV as the 'backend' for my recordings, and it dumps all the recordings into a single directory... just like a JBOD array. Importing them into XBMC appears to be a monumental task requiring quite a few other programs AND duplicate files, due to the necessities of both programs.

Have you tried bradvido88's other tool for SAGETV integration? If you can setup XBMC.MyLibrary then the SAGETV integration will be a snap. I've been using it since I setup XBMC and it works really well.

- Deviant Khan - 2011-09-09

pkscuot Wrote:I don't think so. The description in the post you listed simply launches the WMC Netflix plugin, so there is no way to get a directory listing or stream URLs for XBMC.MyLibrary to work. You could probably use XBMCFlicks instead of PlayOn in the same way you can use Bluecop's Hulu plugin instead of PlayOn for Hulu.

I will definitely try that as soon as I can get the PlayOn version to work so it's in a working state. However, I'm still having issues with how the XML should be formatted.

All I really need is an example file. If I had that I feel I could easily extrapolate what values I should have. I'm new to XBMC but with a reasonably strong technical background. Any help would be greatly appreciated.