Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

- TheCasa - 2011-12-16

tmm0f5 Wrote:I think I spoke too soon. It scanned in all the videos and I can see them in library view. The problem is I can't play any of the videos.

If I look in the dropbox folder they are all .mpgs, I thought they were supposed to be .strm files.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tim

You probably have the same issue I do. Set up your sources to be smb sources in XBMC, then set the dropbox path to be a unc path. Be sure that the paths are the same letter case (assuming you're running Dharma). See my issue above for a better explanation.

- tmm0f5 - 2011-12-16

TheCasa Wrote:You probably have the same issue I do. Set up your sources to be smb sources in XBMC, then set the dropbox path to be a unc path. Be sure that the paths are the same letter case (assuming you're running Dharma). See my issue above for a better explanation.

Yes running Dharma. For some reason I cannot add the smb source. When I go to browse and select SMB, it shows my ASROCK-PC which is the same computer that XBMC and XBMC.MyLibrary are running on.

But there are no folders under that. I tried to just type smb://ASROCK-PC/Dropbox/Movies/ as a source, but it says it cannot find the source.

In the config.xml I put \\ASROCK-PC\Dropbox, but it did not work.

Any thoughts? Thanks for the help.

EDIT: If I just type \\ASROCK-PC in Windows Explorer, it is blank. If I try to type \\ASROCK-PC\Dropbox, Windows cannot find the folder (it exists as C:\Dropbox). Do I not have some network setting correct?

- TheCasa - 2011-12-16

did you create a share? You need to create a share on your machine for the dropbox and for the downloaded dropbox for it to be accessible via smb or unc.

- tmm0f5 - 2011-12-16

tmm0f5 Wrote:EDIT: If I just type \\ASROCK-PC in Windows Explorer, it is blank. If I try to type \\ASROCK-PC\Dropbox, Windows cannot find the folder (it exists as C:\Dropbox). Do I not have some network setting correct?

I've fixed this problem. But the problem of MPGs instead of STRMs is still there.

I have my <dropbox> set to \\ASROCK-PC\Dropbox\

I have my sources set to smb://ASROCK-PC/Dropbox/Movies and smb://ASROCK-PC/Dropbox/TV Shows

Everything scans and scrapes into XBMC, but can't play anything.

Any ideas?

- tmm0f5 - 2011-12-16

TheCasa Wrote:did you create a share? You need to create a share on your machine for the dropbox and for the downloaded dropbox for it to be accessible via smb or unc.

Just did. Realized my problem after I posted. Thanks.

- tmm0f5 - 2011-12-16

tmm0f5 Wrote:I think I spoke too soon. It scanned in all the videos and I can see them in library view. The problem is I can't play any of the videos.

If I look in the dropbox folder they are all .mpgs, I thought they were supposed to be .strm files.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tim

Don't know what I did but it all works now!!! So damn cool.

Thanks for all of your help!Big Grin

- tmm0f5 - 2011-12-16

Alright one last question....

I've added some movies to my Instant Queue on netflix. What do I have to do to update XBMC now?

I've run XBMC MyLibrary again, but it doesn't seem to add the new movies/tv shows.

Thanks,
Tim

- TheCasa - 2011-12-17

I can't help there. Not a netflix user. I think there's the startings of a "how to add xyz sources to MyLibrary" in the works.

- TheCasa - 2011-12-17

@bradvido thanks! Everything works now!! This is exciting.

If you need help putting together a "how to xyz source" document, I'm willing to help in whatever way I can.

- tmm0f5 - 2011-12-17

tmm0f5 Wrote:Alright one last question....

I've added some movies to my Instant Queue on netflix. What do I have to do to update XBMC now?

I've run XBMC MyLibrary again, but it doesn't seem to add the new movies/tv shows.

Thanks,
Tim

I've deleted the .db's in /res and cleared out the dropbox. It will then rescan my netflix queue and add everything. But if I make subsequent changes, it doesn't do anything.

Here is my log:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9f9wbxulpbx91w5

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tim

- TheCasa - 2011-12-18

Now that I have it pulling my queue in from Hulu, I'm ready to start really making this my own, but I need a little primer on how to discover the subfolders to use.

I use Hulu, Amazon, and Free Cable atm, so if someone can give me some guidance as to how to find how to set the subfolders, I'll run with it. At this point, I'm not sure how to start though. Is it generally the same method for other sources?

Thanks everyone that can help and especially bradvido88 for the great program. It's going to make my transition to a cable free life much easier and make the wife happy in the process.

- badwornthing - 2011-12-18

I love the sound of this, as it's exactly what I'd like to do with my plugins. Unfortunately I can't for the life of me get it to work. Has anyone got it working with either BBC Iplayer, or Navi-x (plugin version, as presumably it won't work with the script version)?

- bradvido88 - 2011-12-23

May be good news for native streams in the library. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8730#comment:42

- tmm0f5 - 2011-12-23

Clean Up

Is there something I need to do in order to get the clean up to work? Right now it doesn't remove .strm files or XBMC listings after I remove items from NetFlix. I have to delete the dropbox subfolders, run Clean Library in XBMC and delete the .db files the in .res folder in XBMC.MyLibrary to get XBMC up to date.

If I simply add to my queue, they appear to add just fine.

FYI: this is the Dharma version (what all is different on the Eden version?)

Thanks for a great app!,
Tim

- TheCasa - 2011-12-27

Is it possible to add a movie that has a subfolder structure that includes episodes (1)/movie?

For example, I'm trying to add from hulu, Good Will Hunting. I'd actually like to download it. I've not used the JDownloader before, but either way....

Thanks!