XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for XBMC (/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)
- bradvido88 - 2011-12-14 16:58
TheCasa Wrote:Still no dice. I left the mpg files in the libary, removed the sources, re-added the source and re-ran the program. The shows import into the library, but the mpgs are still not renamed. Here's the verbose log. I'm at a loss now...
To debug this, make sure you are using smb:// path in XBMC and a UNC share in the Config.xml (\\server\share\path\to\folder).
smb:// paths in XBMC are recommended for this program.
Run the program. Then set the content type of XBMC's folder to Movies (or TV Shows, whatever your trying).
Then run the program again.
In XBMC's log, check for any lines that say ERROR.
Specificially, I bet you might have a line that looks like:
SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
This means that when XBMC is trying to update your source to be set to "movies" content type, it fails because of a unique index violation.
To fix this. Delete the source completely, then rename your dropbox folder. Update your config.xml to reflect the new dropbox location, and re-add it and set the content type in XBMC when you add it.
THis is a know problem with XBMC updating sources content types when the path already exists in the database.
- TheCasa - 2011-12-15 05:31
Changed to smb source and unc path as instructed above and it's still not working. Here are all the relevant files:
If we can't get this going on the next go-round, wouldn't it be a good idea to just uninstall xbmc to reset all the sources, delete all the logs for MyLibrary, etc and start fresh?
- bradvido88 - 2011-12-15 17:26
TheCasa Wrote:Changed to smb source and unc path as instructed above and it's still not working. Here are all the relevant files:OK, i see that it is adding the .mpgs to the library. The problem here is that it's never finding the videos in XBMC's database. This happens when the path my program is querying is not the same as the path that XBMC has stored.
If you could send me your MyVideo[N].db file, I can tell you exactly what is wrong with the path and how to fix it.
It is located at:
where [N] is some number. If there are multiple files, send me the one with the highest number.
Everything else appears to be working normal, we just need to get the paths to match and then the videos will get changed to .strm's and they will be playable from your XBMC library
- TheCasa - 2011-12-15 17:45
I'll send it when I get home this evening. Thanks for all your help. I feel like i'm being a pain here.
- TheCasa - 2011-12-16 04:20
send my db in a pm.
I went into the db and changed the path, as a test, to a strm extension, changed the file extension in the dropbox to strm and those files ran. What is keeping the program from seeing that the files are in the library?
- bradvido88 - 2011-12-16 15:55
TheCasa Wrote:send my db in a pm.OK, the problem here is that you are using XBMC Dharma release & the default XBMC SQLite database.
SQLite is case-sensitive when comparing with the = sign.
The path in XBMC's database is:
In order to reset XBMC.MyLibrary and do a "fresh start", delete all files in the dropbox, and delete all *.db files in the /res folder of where you installed XBMC.MyLibrary.
This case-sensitive issue is already fixed in the Eden release of this program, but I have stopped development on the Dharma branch because I don't have time to maintain two (and I personally use Eden )
Quick question..... - tmm0f5 - 2011-12-16 17:02
I'm just trying to set this up and I came across this while setting up the config.xml....
<!--For this to work, you must have a source named "Neflix" added to XBMC, which maps to Playon's Netflix subdirectory -->
where is this netflix subdirectory? I just can't seem to find it to add a netflix source in XBMC.
- tmm0f5 - 2011-12-16 17:27
tmm0f5 Wrote:I'm just trying to set this up and I came across this while setting up the config.xml....
I think I figured this out, I just created a source called Netflix that looked at the UPNP folder for Netflix under PlayOn.
I think I got it all to work.... Thanks for a sweet program!
- tmm0f5 - 2011-12-16 17:32
tmm0f5 Wrote:I think I got it all to work.... Thanks for a sweet program!
I think I spoke too soon. It scanned in all the videos and I can see them in library view. The problem is I can't play any of the videos.
If I look in the dropbox folder they are all .mpgs, I thought they were supposed to be .strm files.
- TheCasa - 2011-12-16 17:51
bradvido88 Wrote:OK, the problem here is that you are using XBMC Dharma release & the default XBMC SQLite database.
Wow, that's so simple! I'm a sql database guy, but I've never known one to be case sensitive. I'll make that fix this evening and I'm sure it will all be happy. Then I'll think about upgrading to eden ahead of the actual release and break everything else... but MyLibrary will work!