Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2012-04-19

(2012-04-18, 03:32)jcato Wrote: Thanks for the great script! I've got a couple of questions about this log file: http://pastebin.com/shFsXqLQ

And here is the searchfilter:
Code:
        <PlayOn custom_parser="PlayOn" suffix=" (PlayOn)" >
            <subfolder name="Amazon VOD/Prime Instant Video/TV/Kids &amp; Family" type="episodes" suffix=" (PlayOn)" recursive="true" >
                <filter>
                    <contains>Go, Diego, Go</contains>
                </filter>
            </subfolder>
        </PlayOn>

1. Why is it taking 2 or 3 attempts to connect to XBMC?
2. In the library each episode gets the suffix, but the series doesn't
3. This search filter only works for the correctly named folder (Go, Diego, Go!) and not for the other folders (e.g., Go, Diego, Go! Volume 1). Is there a way to indicate the series for theTVDB? Or a better way to write the searchFilter?

Thanks!
1. Looks like playon is taking a long time to list directory contents, which is causing timeouts. Not sure why. Does playon take a while when browsing thru the GUI (after XBMC is restarted)?
2. Yes, this is intentional because there's no way to guarantee that all the episodes you have for a show are going to be from playon. For instance, i have mixed Hulu and DVR episodes for the same series.
3. You could set the name/path to: "PlayOn/Amazon VOD/Prime Instant Video/TV/Kids & Family/Go, Diego, Go!" and remove the filter all-together if all videos are under that folder.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Deafty - 2012-04-19

Quote:I believe the naming conventions of your plugin are throwing things off.
Code:
1x2 Episode 2 - Help Us Help You
is not normal/typical is that it has the SxE as well as "Episode X". This is throwing off the parsing.
It it was named
Code:
1x2 - Help Us Help You
, then it would work just fine.

Thankyou,.will now modify my addon appropriately.

PS are you interested in developing an automated version?? with GUI.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2012-04-19

(2012-04-18, 08:57)dordar Wrote: Im just wondering, why do people use Playon? Im not able to get the stream in HD with Playon..

You're right. Playon does not stream in HD. They've been claiming for many months that HD support is right around the corner, but who knows.
The only reason someone may prefer Playon is because it plays in XBMC natively. No need for an external player or a browser window.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - jcato - 2012-04-19

(2012-04-18, 08:57)dordar Wrote: Im just wondering, why do people use Playon? Im not able to get the stream in HD with Playon..

No, it's not HD, but still looks pretty good and offers a lot of content. And in this particular case, the Amazon plugin no longer works since Amazon added DRM Angry. But, the way shows are in listed in PlayOn may prevent me from using it, too...

bradvido88 Wrote:3. You could set the name/path to: "PlayOn/Amazon VOD/Prime Instant Video/TV/Kids & Family/Go, Diego, Go!" and remove the filter all-together if all videos are under that folder.

Unfortunately, all videos aren't under 1 folder. In this case, under Kids & Family is:
Go, Diego, Go!
Go, Diego, Go! - Volume 6
Go, Diego, Go! Season 4
Go, Diego, Go! Volume 1
Go, Diego, Go! Volume 2
Go, Diego, Go! Volume 3

This is the case for most series. For example, Lost Season 1, Lost Season 1 [HD], Lost Season 2,.... This wouldn't be a problem if the Amazon plugin still worked (see above) since all episodes are grouped under the correct series folder. If I could specify thetvdbid instead of the script trying to figure it out from the folder, I think it would work.

bradvido88 Wrote:1. Looks like playon is taking a long time to list directory contents, which is causing timeouts. Not sure why. Does playon take a while when browsing thru the GUI (after XBMC is restarted)?

In the GUI, it might take 5-10 seconds. Unless, I try to do "All Videos" under Amazon/TV, then XBMC times out after about a minute.

Thanks

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - binarybomber - 2012-04-25

Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems with .strm files from FreeCable? I'm using XBMC.MyLibrary in conjunction with PseudoTV, and nothing from FreeCable will play. When I try to play the files outside of FreeCable, they do play, but I get a playlist error. Any ideas?

Thanks!

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2012-04-27

(2012-04-25, 18:23)binarybomber Wrote: Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems with .strm files from FreeCable? I'm using XBMC.MyLibrary in conjunction with PseudoTV, and nothing from FreeCable will play. When I try to play the files outside of FreeCable, they do play, but I get a playlist error. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I don't use FreeCable or PseudoTV personally so sorry I can't help you there.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - wilson.joe - 2012-04-28

Are you having problems with the plugin in general, most of the sites
in FreeCable don't work for me. If they play using the plugin then it
might have something to do with how your using this script or
the script.

Code:
<WB path="plugin://plugin.video.free.cable" recursive="true" custom_parser="PlayOn" force_tvdb="true">    
          <subfolder name="The WB/Babylon 5" type="episodes"  suffix=" (The WB)"> </subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Batman: The Animated Series" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"> </subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Blade: The Series" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"> </subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/The Flintstones" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Fringe" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Gilligan's Island" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Gilmore Girls" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/The Jetsons" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="THE WB/Looney Tunes" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/MADtv" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/One Tree Hill" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Smallville" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Smurfs" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Space Ghost And Dino Boy" type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Static Shock"  type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)" ></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Tom And Jerry Tales"  type="episodes" suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/Wonder Woman" type="episodes" suffix="(The WB)"></subfolder>
          <subfolder name="The WB/V" type="episodes"  suffix=" (The WB)"></subfolder>
       </WB>

(2012-04-25, 18:23)binarybomber Wrote: Hi all,
Is anyone else having problems with .strm files from FreeCable?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - wilson.joe - 2012-04-28

Raw also works better for me too. though there still seems to be 2-3 attempt
before it connects usually 3.

(2012-04-08, 07:39)Deafty Wrote: Thanks,.Heaps
###EDIT###
Passwords + usernames were proofed (including XBMC)
Still no go
Turns out Raw works better,

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - jcato - 2012-04-30

(2012-04-19, 20:56)jcato Wrote: This is the case for most series. For example, Lost Season 1, Lost Season 1 [HD], Lost Season 2,.... This wouldn't be a problem if the Amazon plugin still worked (see above) since all episodes are grouped under the correct series folder. If I could specify thetvdbid instead of the script trying to figure it out from the folder, I think it would work.

I didn't get a response on this, so should I assume there's not a high level of interest in adding a tvdbid attribute? That's cool. It looks like no one else needs this, so my question is, how are other people adding Amazon episodes into the library? Or, are other people adding Amazon episodes? The Amazon plugin was awesome until Amazon added DRM, so that doesn't seem to be an option any more. Does Netflix or Hulu+ work better with MyLibrary? I don't really want to add those since I'm already paying for Amazon, but maybe I have to?

Thanks

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - haenchensd - 2012-04-30

Hulu and Netflix work pretty good with this (Netflix through PlayOn, haven't tried with XBMCFlix as I want the streams to play on an AppleTV too).

I too would love to have some more options added, but don't have to the time to learn java and make modifications at the moment. There are instances in which I would like to be able to specify a TVDB id for a folder. Also, there are some shows that just won't get picked up properly due to weird directory structure coming from Netflix and it wants to name the show Volume 2 etc. Another odd problem I would like to resolve is a "max depth" style recursion due to a plugin that wants to constantly wants to redirect you to other folders within it with names that can't be excluded or it won't save the shows.

Maybe I'll find some time over the summer but I'm sure that's a pipe dream.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - hdemel - 2012-04-30

Hi,

I've been trying to get this to work for a week but it's just not going well.

I'm trying to get Netflix (XBMCFlix and/or Playon) to scan into the library of my 11.0 Eden XBMC installation. I'm using a 64bit Windows7 installation on a PC with Playon and XBMC installed on the same unit.

I used the example search filters that you provided in the user's guide as well as the one for XBMCFlix that you posted in the forums.

Playon:
Quote:<Netflix prefix="[Netflix] " custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true">
<!-- Get all TV and Movies from your instant queue. Movies will be put in a movie set.
TV Episodes will have a prefix added to their title -->
<subfolder name="Instant Queue/Alphabetical" movie_set=" Netflix Instant Queue" />

<!-- Get new movies from Netflix and add them to a movie set -->
<subfolder name="New Arrivals/New movies to watch instantly" type="movies" movie_set=" Netflix New Movies" />

<!--Get up to 50 episodes from the Sitcoms genre-->
<subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Shows/TV Mysteries/Bones" type="episodes" max_videos="50" />

<!--Get up to 50 episodes of new TV Episodes -->
<subfolder name="New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" type="episodes" max_videos="50"/>
</Netflix>

XBMCFlix:
Quote:<XBMCFlix path="plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks" recursive="true" prefix="[NF] " movie_set="XBMCFlix">
<subfolder name="Instant Movies and Shows/Instant Queue: All" type="movies" recursive="false">
<exclude>
<regexp>s[0-9]+e[0-9]+</regexp>
</exclude>
</subfolder>

<subfolder name="Instant Movies and Shows/Instant Queue: All" type="episodes">
<filter>
<regexp>s[0-9]+e[0-9]+</regexp>
</filter>
</subfolder>
<!--Get up to 50 episodes from the Sitcoms genre-->
<subfolder name="Browse By Genre/TV Comedies/Futurama: Bender's Game" type="episodes" max_videos="50" />

</XBMCFlix>

I've edited config.xml to make sure the information was accurate. The one weird thing I noticed is that I have two different database files. One 34 and one 60. I used the newer of the two if that makes a difference. Beyond that, everything is set up according to the user's guide.

Here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/WHgxRZQd

Thank you very much! I really hope I can get this working. This would be a very nice way of expanding my library without having to buy another 2 or 3 terabytes.

EDIT:

I sort of got it working. I'm able to retrieve the shows based on their genre, however, I'm having an issue since Netflix only retrieves 500 shows per genre. Keep on trudging.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - haenchensd - 2012-05-04

(2012-04-30, 18:29)hdemel Wrote: I sort of got it working. I'm able to retrieve the shows based on their genre, however, I'm having an issue since Netflix only retrieves 500 shows per genre. Keep on trudging.

Any idea what you changed to get this to work? I have some perfectly working Netflix filters with PlayOn and could help you out if you still have issues.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - barney_1 - 2012-05-05

I'm trying to get shows from the PBS plugin to work. I can get XBMC.MyLibrary to find the video links, but they're being parsed wrong so the series, title, season, and episode variables are wrong. This bombs out the TVDB lookup and the .strm file can't be created.

Code:
05/05/2012 01:27:14 PM INFO    Archiving        TV Episode will fail to be archived because manual archiving is disabled and the meta-data cannot be parsed or found on the TheTVDB.com: PBS/Programs/Carrier/Episode 1: All Hands
05/05/2012 01:27:14 PM WARNING Archiving        Cannot be archived: series=Episode 1, title=All Hands, season=-1, episode=-1
                                                    PBS/Programs/Carrier/Episode 1: All Hands

I'm using this for my filter to pull the show "Carrier":
Code:
<PBS path="plugin://plugin.video.pbs">
    <subfolder name="Programs/Carrier" type="episodes" />
</PBS>

Is there a way I can tweak a regex filter to parse this correctly without going to the source code and compiling my own?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - hdemel - 2012-05-07

(2012-05-04, 09:54)haenchensd Wrote: Any idea what you changed to get this to work? I have some perfectly working Netflix filters with PlayOn and could help you out if you still have issues.

I have no idea what caused it to start working but it started scraping all of a sudden. I have a feeling it might have to do with me having a Canadian account. If I run the .cmd while connected to Hotspot Shield then it scrapes the streams perfectly. Playon doesn't list any videos for my netflix account. I've tried connecting with my phone and various other devices but it doesn't seem to find any videos. It's a shame as integrated netflix would mean that Pseudo TV would work nicely but I guess it can't all be perfect ;-). I'll keep poking around.

Thanks for your offer of help though!

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2012-05-10

a workaround for the TVDBID / incorrect lookups is to browse to the tv show folder in XBMC, then context menu-->information. Then pick the correct show (you may have to type in the name). Once you do this, XBMC will always remember the correct show for the folder.
FYI: I have this working perfectly with both my Netflix and Hulu queues/subscriptions, I don't use it for many other sources so may need to crowdsource how to get others working.

It mostly depends on the naming conventions used by other plugins.