Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 21:36)scoombe Wrote: Yeah, I have regular subfolder for most of my shows.
I meant are you using a subfolder filter in the config.xml file. I tried scraping Crackle by changing the subfolder scraper angrycamel had set up, but it didn't pull anything. Maybe it was just a show it couldn't find info on and stopped without trying others?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - scoombe - 2012-08-23

I have my crackle shows set up so that each has its own subfolder entry. Like <subfolder name="Crackle/All Shows/Seinfeld" .... />. I only did this because it was set up this way before AC included the subfolder filter in the last update. I also use the subfolder filter for "Free Cable/History Channel" and it pulls all of the shows fine using the filter. I think your right that it just cant find info on tvdb and simply skips the show. We would need a way to filter for the bad naming conventions so the tvdb can properly look it up. I think the regex might be the only way to do it without manually editing nfo files.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2012-08-24

I see, you had to add /All Shows/. It turns out the Filebot program won't see the .strm files, I changed one to .avi and it found it. Now I just need a way to batch rename file extensions to .avi then back to .strm. That sure is a lot of steps though.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - eQUIV - 2012-08-24

I did a fresh install of Eden, still having problems with the new version. Can anyone help?

my log:
http://pastebin.com/tV4x1yAH

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - angrycamel - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-23, 17:13)spyder Wrote: I had problems running this new version, my xml that worked previously got no response. I first deleted the 1.3.1 then I used just the LIB folder in the new release and that worked. It did allow me to scan shows that weren't named properly into the 'generic' folder. Is there a way for the generic filter to use the season folders it finds the strm files in, or even include the season folder name in the file name?

Generic is intended to be used for content that is not like episodes, meaning it will not know anything about seasons. Generic simply allows you to scrape content that matches the filter, override the sub directory the strm files are put into under the Generic directory (by using the force_series attribute), and parse out where the name of the video should be pulled from that name by using the parser regex. See below for an example.

PHP Code:
        <!-- TED Talks Streaming Videos -->
        <
TED path="plugin://plugin.video.ted.talks" recursive="true" >
            <!-- 
All of the Newest Talks into a generic folder (no tvdb lookups) and force group it to a "TED Talks" folder -->
            <
subfolder name="Newest Talks" type="generic" suffix=" (TED)" force_series="TED Talks" >
                <
parser>
                    <!-- 
Put the entire video name into the second pattern group to use as the episode name -->
                    <
regexp>()([\w\s*'-:]*)</regexp>
                </parser>
            </subfolder>        
        </TED> 

(2012-08-23, 18:22)scoombe Wrote: I used the new version and it worked great. I only had a problem with one show: News Radio on Crackle from Free Cable. The shows are labeled in a way that My.Library just gets real confused and skips the show. I did not try the generic scraping method because I didn't think the shows would get the season info and hence would not scrape properly into the library. If you know of a regex example that might help the both of us, I would be grateful. Again, thanks for all of the hard work from both of you. The tool has progressed nicely! Cant wait to see what your new project is AC. Thanks.

I didn't see anything weird about the Crackle episode names in the News Radio directory, so I threw together a quick test. The way that I have been creating the subfolder filters is to use the Logical OR since that is much simpler in the XML and does not require as much duplication. I use the subfolder name to get MyLibrary to drill down to the directory I'm interested in right away (this is faster than looking at everything to see if it matches). Then I list the shows I'm interested in as a contains folder with each show separated by double pipes. Finally I add my runtime filter to get only full episodes (over 20 minutes or whatever your want). Here is my config and it retrieved 29 strm files across seasons 1 and 2.

PHP Code:
        <!-- BlueCop FreeCable Streaming TV Network Content -->
        <
FreeCable path="plugin://plugin.video.free.cable" recursive="true" prefix="(F) " >
            <
subfolder name="Crackle/Television/Comedy" type="episodes" >
                <
filter>
                    <
runtime>GT|1200</runtime>
                    <
contains>Seinfeld || News Radio</contains>
                </
filter>
            </
subfolder>
        </
FreeCable

(2012-08-23, 19:49)spyder Wrote: How did you get Crackle working, just a subfolder filter? I was able to use 'All Shows' as a Free Cable subfolder, and this gets most shows. The missing ones need their own subfolder filter.

I tried using Filebot to rename the episode names so they can be scanned to the library but they won't work with just an episode name. I'm going to try epNamer next. Does anyone know of an episode renamer that can work from episode titles with out the 's01e01'[?

I would suggest that you start with the subfolder filter from above then modify as you see fit. For instance, you could change the target directory from /comedy to /all shows then just put the shows your interested in, in the double pipes delimited contains filter. That way you don't have to do multiple subfolder filters for each genre or category. That doesn't always work because not all have that neat and clean directory structure with the convenient "all shows" folder too like Crackle does.

(2012-08-23, 21:36)scoombe Wrote: Yeah, I have regular subfolder for most of my shows. I'm picky and want only the shows I'm interested in my library. Seinfeld, Married with Children, and All in the Family pull in just fine. News Radio has problems. There are others that even with their own subfolder and forced series name, they dont pull info. PBS is a good example where some of the naming conventions are off (The War by Ken Burns being one).

I am picky too, that's why I made that double pipes Logical OR contains feature. List only the shows you're interested in and it will only grab those. Combine it with the runtime filter and you're gonna get an automated pull of your favorite full episodes with a single directory filter. Smile

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2012-08-24

Thanks angrycamel, I was modifying a Crackle2 xml file I had and forgot to put the "Crackle" in the subfolder. I have a few different xml files so that I can test new filters to see if they work without rescanning the working filters.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - angrycamel - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-24, 03:25)eQUIV Wrote: I did a fresh install of Eden, still having problems with the new version. Can anyone help?

my log:
http://pastebin.com/tV4x1yAH

If you have Chrome, download the Rest Console extension and run it. If you do not have Chrome, get it, it's great.

Once you have the Rest Console extension, set it up like in the image below changing your connection information though. I am curious what kind of a response you get back. Please post it on here through pastbin afterwards.

Here is the raw body json so you don't have to retype all of that from the screenshot

PHP Code:
{

"jsonrpc""2.0",

"method""Files.GetDirectory",

"params": {

"directory""plugin://plugin.video.hulu/",

"properties": [

"runtime",

"title",

"thumbnail",

"fanart"

],

"media""files"

},

"id"1

(2012-08-24, 04:55)spyder Wrote: Thanks angrycamel, I was modifying a Crackle2 xml file I had and forgot to put the "Crackle" in the subfolder. I have a few different xml files so that I can test new filters to see if they work without rescanning the working filters.

You're welcome. I have a bunch lying around as well from tests. If you need help coming up with one, just post what your trying to do and I will try to help as best I can.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - eQUIV - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-24, 05:01)angrycamel Wrote: If you have Chrome, download the Rest Console extension and run it. If you do not have Chrome, get it, it's great.

Tried it, received a timeout error. Tried XBMC IP, local machine IP and localhost. All of them timeout. Default port is 9090 correct? Anything else i can try?

default is 8080 I believe but you should just check your xbmc settings and use that.

(2012-08-24, 09:35)angrycamel Wrote: default is 8080 I believe but you should just check your xbmc settings and use that.

80 was the port -- as its the only one I don't receive a timeout error. The plugin scrolls down to response, but the response is blank. Hmm.. i guess that's not helpful. Anything else I can try?

You need to actually look at your xbmc web server configuration. Blindly testing things through trial and error like the way you learned the port is going to take a lot of time. I don't really know what else to tell you to try at this point other than to uninstall Frodo and delete any left over configs, then reinstall Eden.

(2012-08-24, 16:13)angrycamel Wrote: You need to actually look at your xbmc web server configuration. Blindly testing things through trial and error like the way you learned the port is going to take a lot of time. I don't really know what else to tell you to try at this point other than to uninstall Frodo and delete any left over configs, then reinstall Eden.

Sorry. The way I worded my last reply wasn't clear.haha. I didn't realize it was port 80 through trial and error. Port 80 is the one used within my XBMC configuration. I have other apps sending notifications to XBMC via that port, and there doesn't seem to be any problems.

There should be absolutely no trace of Frodo left, I completely erased the "Program Files/XBMC" folder, and the "AppData/Roaming/XBMC" folder before reinstalling Eden. Is there somewhere else there could be trace files?

Not sure what else I can do.

Ya all of the settings are stored under c:/users/USERNAME/Appdata/roaming/XBMC/ or something to that effect.

So you could be running a Frodo config format or other meta data on an Eden code base.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2012-08-24

If your trying to do this over http, make sure your config file is not set to RAW for the jsonrpc section

(2012-08-24, 18:02)bradvido88 Wrote: If your trying to do this over http, make sure your config file is not set to RAW for the jsonrpc section

Yup, its HTTP. Here's my log:
http://pastebin.com/FEd9m39t

My config file:
http://pastebin.com/2k3HH7FB