Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2013-03-31

I figured the addon was similar to Veetle so it wasn't an issue, removed anyway. You should probably remove it from your quote then.
Sent you a PM

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Gulopine - 2013-04-01

(2013-03-31, 06:47)Gulopine Wrote: After playing around with MyLibrary for a few days now, I've nearly gotten it to do what I want, except that for some reason, every TV episode I've got is showing up twice in the library. I've double-checked that there's only one .strm file for each episode of every show, but for some reason XBMC is picking up two copies of every TV episode. Here's my search filter XML:

Code:
<Amazon path="plugin://plugin.video.amazon" recursive="true" >
    <subfolder name="Watchlist/Television" type="episodes" />
    <subfolder name="Watchlist/Movies" type="movies" />
</Amazon>

Interestingly, the problem only seems to occur with TV episodes. The movies it pulls in are just fine. I tried adding the path to a show directly, in case it was an issue with the way the watchlist is handled, but it has the problem that way as well. Does anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Never mind, it looks like XBMC somehow has an extra media source pointing at my MyLibrary folder. Once I deleted the media source that I could see, the duplicates went away. That still leaves me wondering how XBMC is seeing my .strm files when I can't see any media sources configured, but that's at least not a problem with MyLibrary, so I'll take up that issue elsewhere.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - lcadell - 2013-04-02

Not sure if this has been covered somewhere or I missed something but I entered my dropbox location in the config doc as

<streaming>smb://DROBO-FS/Public/My Library Folders/</streaming>

but when I run the program, when it tries to add the files to the dropbox it says that the folder location doesn't exist but it is using the wrong path

java.io.FileNotFoundException: smb:\DROBO-FS\Public\My Library Folders\Movies\The Mulberry Tree.strm (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

why is this using a different path then the one I put in? Is there a setting I am missing?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2013-04-02

(2013-04-02, 04:17)lcadell Wrote: Not sure if this has been covered somewhere or I missed something but I entered my dropbox location in the config doc as

but when I run the program, when it tries to add the files to the dropbox it says that the folder location doesn't exist but it is using the wrong path

java.io.FileNotFoundException: smb:\DROBO-FS\Public\My Library Folders\Movies\The Mulberry Tree.strm (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

why is this using a different path then the one I put in? Is there a setting I am missing?
<streaming /> Should specify the location of your folder in the format your OS understands, so for windows you would use \\DROBO-FS\Public\My Library Folders
The program will auto-convert it to smb when it talks to XMBC.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - lcadell - 2013-04-03

(2013-04-02, 15:04)bradvido88 Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 04:17)lcadell Wrote: Not sure if this has been covered somewhere or I missed something but I entered my dropbox location in the config doc as

<streaming /> Should specify the location of your folder in the format your OS understands, so for windows you would use \\DROBO-FS\Public\My Library Folders

Great! That fixed my issue. Thanks!

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - aptalca - 2013-04-03

(2013-04-02, 15:04)bradvido88 Wrote:

Using the win version works for scraping and saving the strm files on a remote location

However, the script does not seem to auto-convert to smb links when it talks to xbmc. It is searching the xbmc database for the file location in win format, but in mysql, all paths are smb. So the script thinks that none of the strm files were added to the xbmc library and skips the metadata addition.

Thanks

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - jaynford - 2013-04-05

Please...Netflix files WILL NOT PLAY. It scrapes them fine, and when I try to play through playon it works too, but the scraped files don't play...

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - crimsonfury - 2013-04-05

Does this work currently with PleXBMC?

Odp: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Marx1 - 2013-04-09

Would it be possible to show in which line and which error is when config.xml can't be parsed? I'm trying to make my own search filter and it only say that can't parse.

RE: Odp: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2013-04-09

(2013-04-09, 20:41)Marx1 Wrote: Would it be possible to show in which line and which error is when config.xml can't be parsed? I'm trying to make my own search filter and it only say that can't parse.

Use this to check the XML
http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - locoguano - 2013-04-09

(2013-04-05, 03:25)jaynford Wrote: Please...Netflix files WILL NOT PLAY. It scrapes them fine, and when I try to play through playon it works too, but the scraped files don't play...

Are you scraping on a server or on the media player pc?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - locoguano - 2013-04-09

(2013-03-27, 04:27)youngt2 Wrote: Hello all,
I feel like i have done a good amount of research on this plugin and I'm having mild success. I have a few questions though and wasn't able to find very clear answers on this forum, mostly because I'm not sure the search to look for.

First, when adding a show, is there anyway to avoid lots of sub-folders when the show consists of many arbitrarily named folders? For example, in the FreeCable add-on the show directory is: "HGTV/House Hunters International" but inside that are about 6 'sub-folders' that aren't important to me. My current xml file has this line:
Code:
<subfolder name="HGTV" type="episodes" prefix="(F) " recursive="false">
        <subfolder name="House Hunters" recursive="true">
            <filter>
            <!-- runtime GT 15 minutes, 900 seconds -->
            <runtime>GT|900</runtime>
            </filter>
        </subfolder>
But this will create six 'shows' of the sub-folders when I'd really just like one House Hunters show in my TV directory. Should I place something different in my XML file to help with this?

My next question is regarding a few shows that aren't showing up in my library. One good example is Conan on TBS. My current search again for FreeCable add-on is:
Code:
<subfolder name="TBS/Full Episodes/Conan" type="episodes" prefix="(F)" recursive="false"> </subfolder>
This search successfully finds the shows, adds them to my database and dropbox, but I will consistently get this error:
Code:
SKIPPING meta-data update: SKIP: The video is not yet in XBMC's library: C:\Media\Dropbox\TV Shows\Conan\Season.3\S03E90 - Episode 3390.strm
I don't think this is a XBMC error as other shows work, and I've noticed sometimes Conan will show up but it will have no episodes even though there are 6 or 7 strm files in the dropbox directory, and it looks like the script is naming them correctly (S03E90 etc). The Conan fanart is also that of the warrior hero guy show, not the late night talk show guy. Is there something I need to do to force (or help) this script or XBMC add the files correctly? Does XBMC need an .nfo file or something to guide it?

Thanks for your help, sorry for the long drawn out questions!

For Conan, you can try to use force_series... TheTVDB lists the TBS Conan series as "Conan (2010)". If you force the series name to that it may just scrap correctly. From what I understand force_series ignores the parsed name and uses the one you assign. I'm not at home to try it, so good luck.

Actually.. now that I think about it, you may be able to do the same thing for House Hunters. Just use force_series="house hunters international" and it should put all scraped files from that subfolder as the same series. Again... I'm not at home, so can't really try it from here.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Revengeance - 2013-04-11

(2013-03-23, 06:16)locoguano Wrote: I'm pretty sure I am just missing a setting... But this doesn't seem to be removing the movie folders that are no longer being found in the scan.

Hey Loco, did you manage to find a solution to this? Anyone else got a solution?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2013-04-11

It will delete the .strm files but I believe it does not delete empty folders. This will remove the files form XBMC's library, but keep meta-data saved about the show incase you add it again later.

There are some cleanup settings in the config.xml that define how long something has to be missing before it will get deleted.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - jaynford - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-09, 20:55)locoguano Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 03:25)jaynford Wrote: Please...Netflix files WILL NOT PLAY. It scrapes them fine, and when I try to play through playon it works too, but the scraped files don't play...

Are you scraping on a server or on the media player pc?

I scrape the files to a folder on my PC, then try to play them through my library with playon running and it works maybe 1/10 times...