Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - ktjensen - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-11, 16:05)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-10-11, 14:41)ktjensen Wrote: Would like to be able to scan a ULTRAVIOLET source to my library. Will need to investigate

Not possible with this app... Unless someone develops a ultraviolet xbmc plugin.

Or a PlayOn plugin

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - raind33r - 2013-10-13

Hi.
XBMC Noob needs help please.
I can't stream Netflix to XBMC on Raspberry Pi.
Media server:> Running Plex media server on Windows 7 with Playon installed. Got Playon subscription and Netflix subscription. Netflix subscription active- can watch from Notebook pc.
Media player:> XBMC (Frodo 12.2) running on OpenElec 3.2.2 on RasPi. PleXBMC 3.1.5 installed and set up on Pi with always transcode on.

Control XBMC via other devices and HTTP set on

XBMC.MyLibrary config http://pastebin.com/5h0n7TTk
Debug log http://pastebin.com/LF4SgxaE

Edit: I followed this guide "How to integrate-netflix-and-hulu-into-xbmc" and then "How to Set it Up on XBMC – The Advanced Way" on this site -> http://mymediaexperience.com/integrate-netflix-and-hulu-into-xbmc/
**Maybe this, or something similar, could be added to the first page of this thread.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - afly - 2013-10-14

(2011-05-17, 03:52)bradvido88 Wrote: You're using this with PlayOn, right? I have XBMC restart evertime before this script runs. This prevents caching issues. XBMC likes to cahe upnp listings, so when new content is added in PlayOn, XBMC actually doesn't seet it. PlayOn and XBMC are supposed to play nice so and be able to tell when a directory has new content to disregard the cache, but from what I've seen, this is not the case. For me, new content is added hourly from Netflix and Hulu because XBMC is always restarted before this script (I have a dedicated XBMC Instance that run in the background on my server, so restarting whenever it needs isn't a problem in my case)

Apologies for such an old quote. Is this still the case? How do you watch anything if your machine gets rebooted every hr? From what I can tell, the only thing xbmc would cache is the path the to pseudo strm file so the upnp link changing within that file shouldnt be a problem (unless xbmc has run that file in the past I guess). I'd of thought new content would be picked up on a regular scan as normal, from the newly generated strm's?

Sorry, just trying to get my head around it as restarting the box isn't an option. removing all sources and re-adding would in fact be easier for me! Though I guess a dumb mysql based client instance could be restarted, thereby updating all others?

(Congrats on your 100 page thread! Its a terrific idea)

EDIT: aaahhhh, nevermind the upnp source in xbmc is what is cached, therefore subsequent running of the app is pointless as xbmc is returning cached data.

UPDATE: I've written a cut down upnp client from scratch so no libraries with built in caching. (what an overly complex protocol for such a simple service!) That way I can query playon directly rather than through xbmc, bonus is that xbmc doesnt have to be on either. will see what happens...

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - raind33r - 2013-10-15

AnyoneHuh please ....post 992

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-15, 14:43)raind33r Wrote: AnyoneHuh please ....post 992

From what i can tell, the subfolders you specify for netflix are all incorrect. They dont match the paths so it skips every folder. Look through your log yourself and you can see that the folders returned dont match the folders youre telling it to find.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - raind33r - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-15, 19:39)spanktastic2120 Wrote:

From what i can tell, the subfolders you specify for netflix are all incorrect. They dont match the paths so it skips every folder. Look through your log yourself and you can see that the folders returned dont match the folders youre telling it to find.
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry I'm not following. I created the 3 folders under my "dropbox" folder called streams - Movies, TV Shows and Music Videos.
Do you refer to this from the log..10/13/2013 10:16:01 PM DEBUG Find:Subfolder Skipping because it does not match a Subfolder: Netflix/Browse Genres/Reality TV
I thought these get auto created - as per the "generic" folder from the TED declaration.

My config file is stock standard as per the one in the zip file from XBMC.MyLibrary-1.4.3

Here is the Netflix declarations as per the config file

<Netflix prefix="[Netflix] " custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true">
<!-- Get all TV and Movies from your instant queue. Movies will be put in a movie set.
TV Episodes will have a prefix added to their title -->
<subfolder name="Instant Queue/Alphabetical" movie_set=" Netflix Instant Queue" />

<!-- Get new movies from Netflix and add them to a movie set -->
<subfolder name="New Arrivals/New movies to watch instantly" type="movies" movie_set=" Netflix New Movies" />

<!--Get up to 50 episodes from the Sitcoms genre-->
<subfolder name="Browse Genres/Television/TV Comedies/TV Sitcoms" type="episodes" max_videos="50" />

<!--Get up to 50 episodes of new TV Episodes -->
<subfolder name="New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" type="episodes" max_videos="50"/>
</Netflix>

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-15, 20:19)raind33r Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 19:39)spanktastic2120 Wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry I'm not following. I created the 3 folders under my "dropbox" folder called streams - Movies, TV Shows and Music Videos.
Do you refer to this from the log..10/13/2013 10:16:01 PM DEBUG Find:Subfolder Skipping because it does not match a Subfolder: Netflix/Browse Genres/Reality TV
I thought this get auto created as per the "generic" folder from the TED declaration.

My config file is stock standard as per the one in the zip file from XBMC.MyLibrary-1.4.3

You need to configure your config file yourself, make sure all of your <subfolder> paths are legitimate paths. So for the example you pasted above you have in your config file to search through the folder "Netflix/Browse Genres/Reality TV" and when the program searches for that path it doesnt exist. What you need to do is go through your netflix folder and pick the paths you want to add content from and make sure your <subfolder> paths match those paths.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - raind33r - 2013-10-16

(2013-10-15, 20:31)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 20:19)raind33r Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 19:39)spanktastic2120 Wrote: From what i can tell, the subfolders you specify for netflix are all incorrect. They dont match the paths so it skips every folder. Look through your log yourself and you can see that the folders returned dont match the folders youre telling it to find.
Thanks for the reply.
I thought this get auto created as per the "generic" folder from the TED declaration.

You need to configure your config file yourself, make sure all of your <subfolder> paths are legitimate paths. So for the example you pasted above you have in your config file to search through the folder "Netflix/Browse Genres/Reality TV" and when the program searches for that path it doesnt exist. What you need to do is go through your netflix folder and pick the paths you want to add content from and make sure your <subfolder> paths match those paths.

Sorry Spanktastic - I'm really new to this. Maybe a dummies guide would be good Wink

So I have to create a folder structure in Windows under my folder TV Shows, e.g. Netflix\Browse Genres\Reality TV ?
Like this? \\plex-srv\streams\TV Shows\Netflix\Browse Genres\Reality TV

Here is the confusing part.

Huh How did the Generic\TED.Talks folder get created under streams? I didn't create it.
It currently looks like this \\plex-srv\streams\Generic\TED.Talks

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-16

(2013-10-16, 08:44)raind33r Wrote: Sorry Spanktastic - I'm really new to this. Maybe a dummies guide would be good Wink

So I have to create a folder structure in Windows under my folder TV Shows, e.g. Netflix\Browse Genres\Reality TV ?
Like this? \\plex-srv\streams\TV Shows\Netflix\Browse Genres\Reality TV

Here is the confusing part.

Huh How did the Generic\TED.Talks folder get created under streams? I didn't create it.
It currently looks like this \\plex-srv\streams\Generic\TED.Talks

No, everything you need to change is in the config file itself. You dont create folders, the program creates them when it runs. Read the config file carefully, it explains how to do everything.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - raind33r - 2013-10-16

Ah right. I kinda thought it auto creates the folders.

Yip it's clear as mud to me Confused

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-16

(2013-10-16, 15:12)raind33r Wrote: Ah right. I kinda thought it auto creates the folders.

Yip it's clear as mud to me Confused

Ok, ill try to be as detailed as possible here.
First, you need a source in xbmc named "Netflix" which is the upnp folder for netflix from playon, and based on your logs it looks like you have that part correct.
From the config file in the example config we have
Code:
<Netflix prefix="[Netflix] " custom_parser="PlayOn"  recursive="true">
            <subfolder name="Instant Queue/Alphabetical" movie_set=" Netflix Instant Queue" />
In this section you are telling the program to look in your "Netflix" source in xbmc, and then to find a subfolder of "Instant Queue/Alphabetical" so the entire path its looking at is then "Netflix/Instant Queue/Alphabetical" and then it is going to look through there and grab any content it finds. The issue is that is not a valid path, that path doesnt exist. What YOU need to do is go into your "Netflix" source in xbmc, and figure out what folders you want to scrape into your library, and write down the path you took to get there. I dont use playon or netflix so i dont know the structure, but lets say when you open the netflix source you see a folder named Movies, then you open movies and see some genres; Comedy, Drama, Sci-Fi, etc. And you want to add all the comedy movies, your subfolder name is then "Movies/Comedy" and the way to put that into your config file is by changing the name field in the subfolder tag, so for this example it would look like this:
Code:
<subfolder name="Movies/Comedy" movie_set="Netflix Comedy Movies" >

Does that make it clear now?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - raind33r - 2013-10-17

Ahh thanks man.
It does make it clearer Nod
I just took it for granted that the examples I had would work. Clearly it's outdated.
I got those from here -> http://mymediaexperience.com/integrate-netflix-and-hulu-into-xbmc/
I'll give it a whirl today, didn't get to it last night.

If I do get it to work, I'll post back here and try and do a mini dummies guide.
Hopefully it will spare other dummies like meBlush a lot of frustration.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - rezendes - 2013-11-01

Can someone please point me to a working search filter setup for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon? I can't get things working and it would be much easier to just manipulate something that is already working to my liking.

Also, I'm using this as my streaming tag

<streaming>nfs://200.200.200.200:/streams</streaming>

I am running openelec on my raspberry pi and my windows server hosts all my media and runs the MyLibrary script. Is there an issue using nfs here as opposed to smb? Also, is the syntax (forward vs backslash, etc) correct?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-01

(2013-11-01, 04:46)rezendes Wrote: Can someone please point me to a working search filter setup for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon? I can't get things working and it would be much easier to just manipulate something that is already working to my liking.

Also, I'm using this as my streaming tag

<streaming>nfs://200.200.200.200:/streams</streaming>

I am running openelec on my raspberry pi and my windows server hosts all my media and runs the MyLibrary script. Is there an issue using nfs here as opposed to smb? Also, is the syntax (forward vs backslash, etc) correct?

for netflix you need to use playon, its already set up in the default xml file. for hulu i believe that too is already set up in the xml file, but it should be standard enough that the regular parsing method will figure everything out for you. youre better off using the hulu plugin's built in export method though with the hulu library autoupdate addon.

the streaming url needs to be a path that the host system can recognize. so if you are running it from windows it needs to be a path you can past into the address bar of explorer and have it be valid. i know for smb paths you need to have as just \\server_name\path\to\video\folder, windows does not know what to do when you include smb://, and also all paths in windows are backslashes (\) instead of forward slashes (/) like on every other system. ever.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - rezendes - 2013-11-01

Awesome, thanks for the info. I am using PlayOn, I got the script "working" as in it created a huge collection of movies/tv shows and they even worked (for a day). Now it says "Playlist - can't find a next item to play" or another message and fails to play anything. The log says:

"ERROR: CUPnPDirectory::GetResource - unable to find object hulu-3243234i24324343434 etc"

and

"Playlist player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path upnp://hulu etc"

I don't think what's included in the original config.xml is setup already for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon for use with PlayOn, I think it's just Hulu and it's made for that other plugin you mentioned. I also don't understand how to use hulu plugin and it's export method and hulu library auto update. I guess I just need to search for the hulu addon and then I still need working filters for PlayOn with Netflix/Amazon?