Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-02

(2013-11-01, 23:40)rezendes Wrote: Awesome, thanks for the info. I am using PlayOn, I got the script "working" as in it created a huge collection of movies/tv shows and they even worked (for a day). Now it says "Playlist - can't find a next item to play" or another message and fails to play anything. The log says:

"ERROR: CUPnPDirectory::GetResource - unable to find object hulu-3243234i24324343434 etc"

and

"Playlist player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path upnp://hulu etc"

I don't think what's included in the original config.xml is setup already for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon for use with PlayOn, I think it's just Hulu and it's made for that other plugin you mentioned. I also don't understand how to use hulu plugin and it's export method and hulu library auto update. I guess I just need to search for the hulu addon and then I still need working filters for PlayOn with Netflix/Amazon?

I have no idea how hulu works through playon, the stand-alone addon is fantastic so i dont see why someone would prefer a different method. For netflix you need to like constantly run mylibrary to update the links because they expire. I recall someone having it run every 2 hours to keep netflix fresh.

If you cant get hulu working with the bluecop addon after looking through the forums just send me a PM and ill try and sort it out with you.

Re: RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2013-11-02

(2013-11-02, 19:41)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-11-01, 23:40)rezendes Wrote: Awesome, thanks for the info. I am using PlayOn, I got the script "working" as in it created a huge collection of movies/tv shows and they even worked (for a day). Now it says "Playlist - can't find a next item to play" or another message and fails to play anything. The log says:

"ERROR: CUPnPDirectory::GetResource - unable to find object hulu-3243234i24324343434 etc"

and

"Playlist player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path upnp://hulu etc"

I don't think what's included in the original config.xml is setup already for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon for use with PlayOn, I think it's just Hulu and it's made for that other plugin you mentioned. I also don't understand how to use hulu plugin and it's export method and hulu library auto update. I guess I just need to search for the hulu addon and then I still need working filters for PlayOn with Netflix/Amazon?

I have no idea how hulu works through playon, the stand-alone addon is fantastic so i dont see why someone would prefer a different method. For netflix you need to like constantly run mylibrary to update the links because they expire. I recall someone having it run every 2 hours to keep netflix fresh.

If you cant get hulu working with the bluecop addon after looking through the forums just send me a PM and ill try and sort it out with you.

I like to use mylibrary for hulu, it does a better job of removing expired strms then bluecops addon.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-02

(2013-11-02, 20:34)Lunatixz Wrote: I like to use mylibrary for hulu, it does a better job of removing expired strms then bluecops addon.

The strm files are good for as long as the content is streamable though. Im not sure if its the case but it seems that through playon they have to be refreshed frequently through mylibrary.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2013-11-02

(2013-11-02, 20:47)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-11-02, 20:34)Lunatixz Wrote: I like to use mylibrary for hulu, it does a better job of removing expired strms then bluecops addon.

The strm files are good for as long as the content is streamable though. Im not sure if its the case but it seems that through playon they have to be refreshed frequently through mylibrary.

My bad; I should have been more clear... I use my library to process bluecops addon... not through playon...

Like I said before, this process for me produces current strms with the removal of old ones... for some reason using bluecops addon left expired strms.

Alternatively; I'm currently testing a similar method to mylibrary, so that it can automatically populate channels in PseudoTV Live... I hope to have worked out all the bugs before the new year...

(2013-11-02, 22:16)Lunatixz Wrote: Alternatively; I'm currently testing a similar method to mylibrary, so that it can automatically populate channels in PseudoTV Live... I hope to have worked out all the bugs before the new year...

As in, an xbmc addon that performs the same function as mylibrary?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2013-11-02

(2013-11-02, 22:26)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-11-02, 22:16)Lunatixz Wrote: Alternatively; I'm currently testing a similar method to mylibrary, so that it can automatically populate channels in PseudoTV Live... I hope to have worked out all the bugs before the new year...

Yea, for the most part...

It will use similar processes that mylibrary uses to "scrape" an addons directory... then build a PTVL channel off that data (no need for strm files).

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-03

(2013-11-02, 22:38)Lunatixz Wrote: Yea, for the most part...

It will use similar processes that mylibrary uses to "scrape" an addons directory... then build a PTVL channel off that data (no need for strm files).

That sounds like something i will be using in the future. Let me know if you want any help on it.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - scilz - 2013-11-04

can anyone tell me what im doing wrong plz and thank you
log/config-https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2i0krnnqptlt13n/aCocolvfpf

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2013-11-04

@scilz are you running this on the same box as you're scraping from? If so you need to change the webserver to 127.0.0.1. Also, you don't include the port with the address, there is a separate line for that. Did you edit the config file before pasting it, it looks like some of the config instructions are missing.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - scilz - 2013-11-04

thank you will try this. and yes i edited the config b4 posting.

k tried what you sugested spyder i got same results here is new log/con
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2i0krnnqptlt13n/aCocolvfpf

it says json returned was not valid maybe this is my problem?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2013-11-04

Forgot to point out the entries for including your username/password are missing in the config file. I'm not too familiar with the error logs, does have 'connection refused' though. I have just made so many different config.XML files and went through all the mistakes to just look at a config file and notice the mistakes. TongueYou should download a fresh config file and copy/paste your filters and modify the IP/drop box/etc.

k thank you for the help i have been trying for months to get mylibrary to work figured it was time to ask for help lol.
should i put my name/pass b4 or after 127.0.0.1.?

i got it thank you again spyder now i need to learn how to set up searches time for me to read.

Glad you got it working scilz.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Guile - 2013-11-06

(2013-11-02, 22:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-02, 22:26)spanktastic2120 Wrote:

Yea, for the most part...

As I just started playing with mylibrary yesterday (and was successful with grabbing Hulu streams) this sounds fantastic!! This plugin is already fantastic, with some of the features you are proposing, you're talking about a TRUE cable killing solution!! Can't wait!