Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-10, 00:31)Sleuteltje Wrote: I'm trying to scrape the Simply Player plugin. I got it working with TV Shows with a little workaround, but it just wont work with movies. It's always saying in the debug that it can't find the path "Movies/Title". But i've checked over and over again in the plugin, the path is "Movies/Title"! It still keeps saying the path "Movies/Title" doesn't exists. I've also tried "Movies", and that path doesn't exists. But in the plugin the options are: "Movies", "TV Shows" etc... I even tried all caps, no caps, just to be sure, still no luck.

Here's my code:
Code:
        <Simply path="plugin://plugin.video.simply.player" recursive="true">

<subfolder name="Movies/Title" force_series="Movie" type="generic">

</subfolder>
                 </Simply>

I've set it to 'generic' just to make sure it scrapes them, i've also had them set to 'movies'. It all doesn't make a difference.

I would very much appreciate some help at this. It would be awesome if the simply player movies are automaticcly inserted into the library. But i've been at it for hours and i just don't understand :S. [/code]

Its the slash. The name of the folder you want is correct, it is called "Movies/Title" but in mylibrary that slash denotes a path so its looking for a Title folder inside a Movies folder. You just need to make it regex and have it look for "Movies.Title" and the dot will match the slash. I had to do the same thing in order to scrape 20/20 from free cable.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Sleuteltje - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 17:36)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Its the slash. The name of the folder you want is correct, it is called "Movies/Title" but in mylibrary that slash denotes a path so its looking for a Title folder inside a Movies folder. You just need to make it regex and have it look for "Movies.Title" and the dot will match the slash. I had to do the same thing in order to scrape 20/20 from free cable.

I should have noted that in the user interface you must first press the button 'Movies' and then the button 'Title'. So the button isn't "Movies/Title". It really is: "Movies" => "Title". But indeed, if there is a slash in the name, a regex is the way to go.

Thanks anyway Smile

I've heard that although you see a button, it actually is in the root of the plugin. So the question is really; can you scrape the root content of the plugin? If i'm told correctly i can scrape everything that is in "Movies" that way...

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-18, 22:40)Sleuteltje Wrote: I should have noted that in the user interface you must first press the button 'Movies' and then the button 'Title'. So the button isn't "Movies/Title". It really is: "Movies" => "Title". But indeed, if there is a slash in the name, a regex is the way to go.

Thanks anyway Smile

I've heard that although you see a button, it actually is in the root of the plugin. So the question is really; can you scrape the root content of the plugin? If i'm told correctly i can scrape everything that is in "Movies" that way...

So i installed the addon to see what the issue could be out of curiosity. It seems like there is no way the Movies/Title thing wouldnt work, however, it doesnt matter. Since it only shows a few movies and then has a next page button, im pretty sure mylibrary will just grab the first page, i dont think it knows how to go through pages. On the bright side, the addon does have an "add to library" option in the context menu, so you dont necessarily need mylibrary to add the content to your library, it would just be a whole lot faster to do so if you wanted to add, say, every single movie.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-19, 00:09)spanktastic2120 Wrote: So i installed the addon to see what the issue could be out of curiosity. It seems like there is no way the Movies/Title thing wouldnt work, however, it doesnt matter. Since it only shows a few movies and then has a next page button, im pretty sure mylibrary will just grab the first page, i dont think it knows how to go through pages. On the bright side, the addon does have an "add to library" option in the context menu, so you dont necessarily need mylibrary to add the content to your library, it would just be a whole lot faster to do so if you wanted to add, say, every single movie.
I'm thinking that 'Movies' is the root of the addon just 'hidden' in a 'subfolder'. If you look at the website it is based on it defaults to movies so the addon author put these in a non-existent subfolder to keep them from being the root of the addon(cleaner look) This is all just a theory I have, but like you said, there is no way it shouldn't work(but it doesn't). Also MyLibrary will dig into 'Next Page' subfolders and scrape successfully.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - locoguano - 2013-11-21

How often does PlayOn change the upnp link and does it do this for all sources or just Netflix?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - monkeytrumpet - 2013-11-26

PlayOn's link reference changes anytime your connection to the source dies - which means whenever your internet / network connection goes down, or if you are using a VPN then whenever you lose your VPN connection - I've just got a task setup to keep re-running the script every few minutes to make sure everything is up to date, this also means that whenever I add things to my netflix queue they appear within XBMC in a few minutes, added bonus.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - rezendes - 2013-11-29

Is there a way to remove the old .strm files that are no longer valid? I can only get strm files to work right after I run the batch file and it creates new ones. The batch file does not seem to delete the old ones, is it supposed to? Do the online services update their stream links constantly or something? Also, I am processing Hulu, Amazon, and Netflix, how long should it be taking to run the batch once (minutes? hours? day?). I'm trying to get everything setup well and automatically updating... I set advancedsettings.xml to have cleanonupdate true. Also installed the XBMC Library Auto update. Any answers will help, thanks.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2013-11-29

(2013-11-29, 09:47)rezendes Wrote: Is there a way to remove the old .strm files that are no longer valid? I can only get strm files to work right after I run the batch file and it creates new ones. The batch file does not seem to delete the old ones, is it supposed to? Do the online services update their stream links constantly or something? Also, I am processing Hulu, Amazon, and Netflix, how long should it be taking to run the batch once (minutes? hours? day?). I'm trying to get everything setup well and automatically updating... I set advancedsettings.xml to have cleanonupdate true. Also installed the XBMC Library Auto update. Any answers will help, thanks.

I run it every 2hrs to keep streams up to date. As for erasing old strm, it will do so after certain conditions are met.

From script:

Code:
<!--When videos that were previously found are no longer found, they will be deleted from the dropbox as configured by these parameters -->
    <VideoCleanUp>
        <HoursThreshold>8.0</HoursThreshold><!--The video must be missing for at least this many hours before it's deleted. -->
        <ConsecutiveThreshold>3</ConsecutiveThreshold><!--The video must be missing for this many consecutive times before it's deleted (each time this program runs is consider 1 time). -->
    </VideoCleanUp>

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - rezendes - 2013-11-30

Thanks for the response, it cleared up my understanding a bit. Every time I run the batch it takes hours, I don't know how many hours because I can never watch it for that long. I ran it overnight and it finished sometime while I was asleep. I'm wondering if I'm grabbing too many things? I have it set to grab all Hulu/Netflix/Amazon from my PlayOn setup... Also, I believe it's setting prefixes for all the streams to show what source it's from like H for Hulu and N for Netflix etc... Does the prefix process add a lot of time to it and is it even necessary? I just want to speed this process up and also grab only necessary things from each of the 3 services, I don't think I need to grab everything... should I just decide what TV shows I like from the services and manually set the config to grab those only? Thanks again.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - rezendes - 2013-11-30

delete this please.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2013-11-30

(2013-11-30, 00:36)rezendes Wrote: Thanks for the response, it cleared up my understanding a bit. Every time I run the batch it takes hours, I don't know how many hours because I can never watch it for that long. I ran it overnight and it finished sometime while I was asleep. I'm wondering if I'm grabbing too many things? I have it set to grab all Hulu/Netflix/Amazon from my PlayOn setup... Also, I believe it's setting prefixes for all the streams to show what source it's from like H for Hulu and N for Netflix etc... Does the prefix process add a lot of time to it and is it even necessary? I just want to speed this process up and also grab only necessary things from each of the 3 services, I don't think I need to grab everything... should I just decide what TV shows I like from the services and manually set the config to grab those only? Thanks again.

Netflix, i only grab my queue. Grabbing without filers will take forever. As for hulu and Amazon, i dont use them but it would be the same principle as Netflix. The more you grab the long to process.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - locoguano - 2013-12-01

Stay away from the new Netflix addon. I tried it out and every time My.Library queried the addon it tried to launch a video.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - genbap - 2013-12-04

Any help on running this as scheduled task would be great. I have no problem running the program but when I do a scheduled task this is all I get. Thanks.

C:\Windows\system32>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar "XBMC.MyLibrary.jar"
Unable to access jarfile dist\XBMC.MyLibrary.jar

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - locoguano - 2013-12-08

try putting the full link for the jar file.

Re: RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2013-12-08

(2013-12-04, 18:11)genbap Wrote: Any help on running this as scheduled task would be great. I have no problem running the program but when I do a scheduled task this is all I get. Thanks.

C:\Windows\system32>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar "XBMC.MyLibrary.jar"
Unable to access jarfile dist\XBMC.MyLibrary.jar

If you have java installed, and your jar reads like an executable. Create a bat file to load the jar.
Then use windows task to run that bat...