Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - fishmonger69 - 2013-12-27

(2013-12-27, 02:54)Lunatixz Wrote: it should be noted that your configuration has a few issues. That may work for you, but for most would not be usable.

Changing the IP to use serviios IP would render strms from XBMC addons unusable (unless on the same server).

I currently use this tool with both PlayOn and xbmc addons.

I'd be happy to learn of a different setup that would work. Unfortunately, I couldn't get anything else to work. xbmc.mylibrary is running on the same box that Playon runs from. XBMC is on a separate RPi box. I kept getting syntax errors with the SMB share I had in the <sharing> section, despite correct formatting.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - cable101 - 2013-12-28

(2013-12-26, 14:43)aaron792000 Wrote: Before I can get into using rExpressions I need a datasource. The problem is not knowing the webservice path to MY information only...hulu queue, subscribed shows. I thought I have read that some people have been able to accomplish though.

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is what I use, and it should work for you just fine as well:
Code:
<!-- HULU -->
<subfolder name="Hulu/Your Queue" recursive="true" movie_tags="Hulu|Streaming" Suffix=" [Hulu]" >
<filter>
<runtime>GT|1200</runtime>
</filter>
</subfolder>
<subfolder name="Hulu/Your Subscriptions" recursive="true" movie_tags="Hulu|Streaming" Suffix=" [Hulu]" >
<filter>
<runtime>GT|1200</runtime>
</filter>
</subfolder>

It's generally easy enough to simply navigate to PlayOn within XBMC, and just use the folder structure there as an indication of the proper path to use in your config file.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - locoguano - 2013-12-29

Anyone else having issues with PlayOn Amazon taking several tries to "connect"? I usually have one or two "Failed to play" before the video finally loads up.

Re: RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2013-12-29

(2013-12-29, 08:26)locoguano Wrote: Anyone else having issues with PlayOn Amazon taking several tries to "connect"? I usually have one or two "Failed to play" before the video finally loads up.

I haven't had much luck with Amazon through playon. Always fails to play.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - OGpedxing - 2013-12-29

Nice app, I've finally got it tweaked the way I want it....question though:

Is there any way in the config to turn off Queued Meta-Data updates? The JSON interface is incredibly slow...updating 8000 items takes 2-3 days. If I export the table from the db, load it into MySQL and then run an update query it takes 60 seconds.

I have MyLibrary and XBMC running on the same machine...the MySQL db is on a different server.

Right now I'm working on a script to export the data using sqlite3, copying the resulting csv to the MySQL server, importing, and running the update statements for the prefixes and movie sets. (I don't use any tags). The problem is right now, the main program never ends because it will be updating xbmc until next spring. Before I mod the source, is there something I can flip in the config file?

Thanks!

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - edrft_99 - 2013-12-29

I wanted to edit this post because it was dumb. I didn't even check my work first (lazy on my part). I now have what seems to be connectivity issues between my server where play on is stored and my htpc. I am receiving a The response from XBMC is not a valid JSON string error.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - mrpotes - 2014-01-03

Hi,

I was wondering if this tool can be used to populate the music library instead of the video library?

Cheers
MrPotes

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2014-01-03

Not without modifying the code.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2014-01-03

(2014-01-03, 00:54)mrpotes Wrote: Hi,

I was wondering if this tool can be used to populate the music library instead of the video library?

Cheers
MrPotes
Assuming you have an addon you can scrape which contains music, you could try using a 'generic' filter and then try scanning that to your music library.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - photo848 - 2014-01-04

Is anyone using XBMC.MyLibrary on an Ubuntu machine connected to an Openelec machine running XBMC? I setup the config.xml to what I thought were the correct settings however I am getting this message:
Failed to POST to http://xbmc:xbmc@localhost:80/jsonrpc java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Debug log-> http://pastebin.com/fYa9mnLD

I've enabled the webserver with the name and password within xmbc with the port being 80. Not sure why it is failing. If anyone has a similar setup I'd be interested in how you have it working.

Thanks!

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-04

(2014-01-04, 02:55)photo848 Wrote: Is anyone using XBMC.MyLibrary on an Ubuntu machine connected to an Openelec machine running XBMC? I setup the config.xml to what I thought were the correct settings however I am getting this message:
Failed to POST to http://xbmc:xbmc@localhost:80/jsonrpc java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I've enabled the webserver with the name and password within xmbc with the port being 80. Not sure why it is failing. If anyone has a similar setup I'd be interested in how you have it working.

Thanks!

its ok if your openelec machine has your databases or whatever on it (provided you set up xbmc properly), but you need to have xbmc running on the same computer the script runs from. look at the url, its @localhost.

or i think you can change it to the proper IP in the config file, but its easier to just run xbmc or run the script on the other machine

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - photo848 - 2014-01-04

(2014-01-04, 03:10)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 02:55)photo848 Wrote: Is anyone using XBMC.MyLibrary on an Ubuntu machine connected to an Openelec machine running XBMC? I setup the config.xml to what I thought were the correct settings however I am getting this message:

Thanks!

its ok if your openelec machine has your databases or whatever on it (provided you set up xbmc properly), but you need to have xbmc running on the same computer the script runs from. look at the url, its @localhost.

or i think you can change it to the proper IP in the config file, but its easier to just run xbmc or run the script on the other machine

If I am understanding you correctly, I should replace "@localhost" with the IP address of my openelec machine since I am running the script from my ubuntu machine?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-04

(2014-01-04, 03:13)photo848 Wrote: If I am understanding you correctly, I should replace "@localhost" with the IP address of my openelec machine since I am running the script from my ubuntu machine?

If i were you i would just run xbmc on the ubuntu machine, there will probably be things popping up while it runs that need your attention so its best to be in front of it while it happens.

If you really want to run it on the openelec machine then you need to change "localhost" to the IP of the openelec machine, the @ is still necessary.

(2014-01-04, 03:59)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 03:13)photo848 Wrote: If I am understanding you correctly, I should replace "@localhost" with the IP address of my openelec machine since I am running the script from my ubuntu machine?

If i were you i would just run xbmc on the ubuntu machine, there will probably be things popping up while it runs that need your attention so its best to be in front of it while it happens.

If you really want to run it on the openelec machine then you need to change "localhost" to the IP of the openelec machine, the @ is still necessary.

Changing the "localhost" to the ip address worked but I've run into another issue. The folder aren't populating with the strms, I think it has to do with my Dropbox settings, seems like it is not finding the folders that I setup
<Dropbox>
<streaming>//storage/Hulu</streaming>
<LinuxSambaPrefix></LinuxSambaPrefix>
</Dropbox>

This is an example of the error I see in the logs:
Creating shortcut failed: /storage/Hulu/TV Shows/Being.Human/Season.1/S01E10 - Dog Eat Dog.strm (No such file or directory)

(2014-01-04, 04:18)photo848 Wrote: Changing the "localhost" to the ip address worked but I've run into another issue. The folder aren't populating with the strms, I think it has to do with my Dropbox settings, seems like it is not finding the folders that I setup
<Dropbox>
<streaming>//storage/Hulu</streaming>
<LinuxSambaPrefix></LinuxSambaPrefix>
</Dropbox>

This is an example of the error I see in the logs:
Creating shortcut failed: /storage/Hulu/TV Shows/Being.Human/Season.1/S01E10 - Dog Eat Dog.strm (No such file or directory)

If you type "cd //storage/Hulu" into the terminal is it a valid path? My guess is its not, it looks like youre mixing windows (\\server\folder\) and linux (smb://server/folder) formats. You need to enter a path that is valid on your system