Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

- akuiraz - 2011-05-20

bradvido88: i am in the process of setting up PlayOn and i've got the Hulu Plus section running great but I am unable to watch my Netflix items... your app scrapes them and what not but when I go to play them, it fails. I tried playing one from the PlayOn Netflix source directly with still no luck... I think it my be an issue between Playon and Netflix.. could you tell me if your netflix section is playing?

- bradvido88 - 2011-05-20

akuiraz Wrote:bradvido88: i am in the process of setting up PlayOn and i've got the Hulu Plus section running great but I am unable to watch my Netflix items... your app scrapes them and what not but when I go to play them, it fails. I tried playing one from the PlayOn Netflix source directly with still no luck... I think it my be an issue between Playon and Netflix.. could you tell me if your netflix section is playing?
Are you in the States? Netflix is working for me currently.

- vinistois - 2011-05-22

I'm trying to use this addon with Canada On Demand.

The script works until it is looking for the folder.

My seachfilter is

<CanadaOnDemand path="....

When it is looking for the folder, it looks for "CanadaOnDemand/All Channels/..."

But I think there are spaces in the folder eg "Canada On Demand/All Channels/..."

But if I put the spaces in the searchfilter 'name' eg:

<Canada On Demand Path="...

Then I get an error about not finding a valid xml config file.

- Adam B. - 2011-05-22

Is there any way you can make this use relative paths so that it can be cross platform and not rely on hard coded c:\etc?

This would be great if I could run it on my Linux based XBMC.

- vinistois - 2011-05-22

Is this compatible with nightlies? Still trying to figure out my issue.

The debug log shows "No more data received in the last 90 milliseconds" anytime it tries to connect via JSON. It does say "reading response from xbmc" but nothing shows up after that in the log.

It does trigger JSON-RPC connected = true.

- bradvido88 - 2011-05-22

vinistois Wrote:I'm trying to use this addon with Canada On Demand.

The script works until it is looking for the folder.

My seachfilter is

<CanadaOnDemand path="....

When it is looking for the folder, it looks for "CanadaOnDemand/All Channels/..."

But I think there are spaces in the folder eg "Canada On Demand/All Channels/..."

But if I put the spaces in the searchfilter 'name' eg:

<Canada On Demand Path="...

Then I get an error about not finding a valid xml config file.
XML element names can't contain spaces, so you can either change the name of the source in XBMC to not contain spaces, or look in your sources .xml to find the real path of the source (plugin://video.my.plugin), then put that in your path="..." attribute. If you add the real path, then the XML element can be named whatever you want.

Adam B. Wrote:Is there any way you can make this use relative paths so that it can be cross platform and not rely on hard coded c:\etc?

This would be great if I could run it on my Linux based XBMC.
Yes, that is on my list of TODOs. It's a pretty easy change, but no guarantees as to when i'll get to it. I may work on releasing the entire codebase first so you guys can make the changes.
Also, note that there is no reason this program has to run on your XBMC box; it can be run on a windows box that has access to XBMC over the network.

vinistois Wrote:Is this compatible with nightlies? Still trying to figure out my issue.

The debug log shows "No more data received in the last 90 milliseconds" anytime it tries to connect via JSON. It does say "reading response from xbmc" but nothing shows up after that in the log.

It does trigger JSON-RPC connected = true.
In the nightlies, there are some changes to the JSON-RPC API response format for the commands this program reads from XBMC, so it's not currently compatible with the nightlies. I can add in a workaround to read the response differently based on the XBMC version, but that will require a little bit of work. For now, only XBMC 10.0 and 10.1 are supported.

- vinistois - 2011-05-22

Thanks very much for your reply!

The problem just be json, since I'm using nightlies. None of the streaming addons work for me using dharma, rendering this adding unusable in my scenario.

Thanks anyways!

- akuiraz - 2011-05-24

bradvido88: i got my Netflix through PlayOn working... just wondering if you have any more sample configurations that you could post? Playon has lots of nice Channels and Plugins available...

Actually could everyone post their working configurations? (search sections only please)

- bradvido88 - 2011-05-24

akuiraz Wrote:bradvido88: i got my Netflix through PlayOn working... just wondering if you have any more sample configurations that you could post? Playon has lots of nice Channels and Plugins available...

Actually could everyone post their working configurations? (search sections only please)
I posted the main ones i use in the user's guide (see 1st post).
I'd be glad to help if you have another configuration in mind.

- akuiraz - 2011-05-25

any idea if the TVLinks script for PlayOn works with this? It supplies multiple sources when available after selecting the episode to watch... and naming of episodes looks like: Episode 1 - Episode title...

- Ferdnand - 2011-05-27

I think this is great, though i'm not a programmer so trying to set this thing up is really hard.. need a youtube video explaining in depth what to do to configure it so that it will work.. everyone loves Youtube videos to get stuff working..

Need a GUI for windows.. thank you I think its great if i can just get netflix to work like streaming that would be awesome.. trust me...

Thank YOu for all your hard work, can't wait till this is implemented into xbmc, You could just scrape once a month and your done for awhile I would think....

Keep up the good work... But i'm having problems getting this to work...

- gseib - 2011-06-02

I am having that same "No more data received in the last 90 milliseconds" anytime it tries to connect via JSON.

I am on 10.1 and it never converts the mpg to strm since it thinks the library isnt updated.

So, someone else has this working with Playon/Hulu and 10.1? I think i have another box on 10.0 that im going to try.

- bradvido88 - 2011-06-03

gseib Wrote:I am having that same "No more data received in the last 90 milliseconds" anytime it tries to connect via JSON.

I am on 10.1 and it never converts the mpg to strm since it thinks the library isnt updated.

So, someone else has this working with Playon/Hulu and 10.1? I think i have another box on 10.0 that im going to try.
I'm on 10.1 and it's working perfectly for me.
There must be something else causing the JSON interface to timeout. Are you on a wired network? Do any of the JSON calls work?

- gseib - 2011-06-07

Thanks. I found when I moved dropbox to C: it worked. didnt try moving it back to see if i had a permissions issue or something else going on.

I have Hulu working great via playon and XBMC.MyLibrary
I tried adding Netflix tv shows but it seem to parse wrong
http://pastebin.com/wZqzTqrE

<Netflix-P prefix="[Netflix] " custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true">
<subfolder name="Browse Genres/Television/TV Mysteries/C-E/" type="episodes" recursive="true" />
</Netflix-P>

It seems to ID the episode number as the series name. any way to adjust this? or am i doing it wrong? again hulu works well using this same method, but hulu prefixes the episodes with SxxExx while netflix creates season folders and single digit episode#s

- bradvido88 - 2011-06-08

gseib Wrote:Thanks. I found when I moved dropbox to C: it worked. didnt try moving it back to see if i had a permissions issue or something else going on.

I have Hulu working great via playon and XBMC.MyLibrary
I tried adding Netflix tv shows but it seem to parse wrong
http://pastebin.com/wZqzTqrE

<Netflix-P prefix="[Netflix] " custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true">
<subfolder name="Browse Genres/Television/TV Mysteries/C-E/" type="episodes" recursive="true" />
</Netflix-P>

It seems to ID the episode number as the series name. any way to adjust this? or am i doing it wrong? again hulu works well using this same method, but hulu prefixes the episodes with SxxExx while netflix creates season folders and single digit episode#s

The problem is because of the <Netflix-P> name you gave it. I have the code set to identify netflix content based on a netflix name. If you change the name to <netflix>, it should work, as shown in my test:
Code:
06/07/2011 09:06:23 PM DEBUG   Init...          Found PlayOn Netflix: TV   : Netflix/Browse Genres/Television/TV Mysteries/C-E/Columbo/Season 1/06: Suitable for Framing
06/07/2011 09:06:23 PM INFO                     Title = Suitable for Framing, Series = Columbo, SeasonEpisode = S01E06

If you change the name in your Config.xml, you'll need to change it in XBMC (or specify the actual path as the path parameter)

Let me know if you have more questions.