Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - markaisi - 2014-05-16

I scan every four hours.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - steve55792 - 2014-05-16

how do or what you use to run every 4 hours?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - steve55792 - 2014-05-16

How do I fix a strm issue? When I try to play a file that i grabbed from hulu or netflix, xbmc says it cant find the next item to play?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 16:12)steve55792 Wrote: how do or what you use to run every 4 hours?

you still didnt figure out how to run a Scheduled Task via Windows Task Scheduler?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - keeganl - 2014-05-18

(2014-05-16, 17:50)steve55792 Wrote: How do I fix a strm issue? When I try to play a file that i grabbed from hulu or netflix, xbmc says it cant find the next item to play?

rerun your scan.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - keeganl - 2014-05-18

The issue I am having is something very small and more about the details of the experience. I am using this to pull netflix streams into my library through playon media server. Everything works just fine. Streams pull and videos show up perfectly. My questions is this, the library pulls all of the information for each movie or tv show including name, rating and duration. Would it be possible for this information to be pulled into the now playing and the script that calculates when a show will end. In the now playing it shows the path to the stream and currently the beginning and end time of the movie are exactly the same. This is very small details and I appreciate all the work put in to this plugin! It may be what finally get me the perfect 10 out of 10 WAF and allow me to cut the cord. I just think if the now playing screen would pull from the library information, we would get a cleaner experience. I am sure this is more of a fundamental XBMC thing rather than this plugin, but maybe some of you have noticed this and have figured a way to fix this. If so, any help would be incredible!

I am running:
xbmc 13.1 beta 1
windows 8.1
Aeon MQ5 skin
Playon Media Server

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - hellohello - 2014-05-18

keeganl

the issue you're experiencing is not an XBMC.MyLibrary issue, rather it's a PlayOn one. What you're pulling from Netflix is being transcoded in realtime by PlayOn, and that "feed" is being read by XBMC. You'll notice that as the movie progresses, it'll increment second by second. After you've watched the entire movie, and then play it again immediately thereafter, will you see the runtime and correct start/end time values.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - keeganl - 2014-05-19

(2014-05-18, 19:23)hellohello Wrote: keeganl

the issue you're experiencing is not an XBMC.MyLibrary issue, rather it's a PlayOn one. What you're pulling from Netflix is being transcoded in realtime by PlayOn, and that "feed" is being read by XBMC. You'll notice that as the movie progresses, it'll increment second by second. After you've watched the entire movie, and then play it again immediately thereafter, will you see the runtime and correct start/end time values.

thanks for the reply. Do you know of any way around this? Not a big deal as I stated before, but it would be awesome to have the correct info on the screen.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - steve55792 - 2014-05-19

Init... The is more than 1 source element named "subfolder" (case-insensitive). This is not allowed. Please use unique source names. Only the first source with this name will be used. What does this mean?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - micnda - 2014-05-19

(2014-05-16, 15:38)markaisi Wrote: I scan every four hours.

Thanks for the reply. It seems like a big part of the problem is that Netflix is moving some of the shows around in the sub folders. One time there is location A the next there some please else. Is there anyway to look at the root of Netflix without there subfolders?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - hellohello - 2014-05-19

Micnda, there really isn't a solution unless you're looking for a specific show and maybe even a genre. I'll post some regex examples I use later when I get home.

ok, here's what i got:

Code:
    <SearchFilters>
    <Playon custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true" suffix=" [STREAMING]">
    <!-- Netflix - Mythbusters anywhere -->
    <subfolder regex_name="true" name="Netflix/(.+)?/MythBusters" type="episodes" force_tvdb="true"/>
    </Playon>
    </SearchFilters>

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - ratzofftoya - 2014-05-19

I'm really having a tough time getting this to work on Linux, and it seems that the problem is that the script can't find my dropbox location.

I followed advice received in another thread (thanks, as always, @hellohello!) and used this format for the dropbox address:

<Dropbox>
<streaming>\\NASbox\Video</streaming>
<LinuxSambaPrefix>smb://NASbox</LinuxSambaPrefix>
</Dropbox>

<IPChange enabled="true">
<change from="127.0.0.1" to="192.168.1.102" />
<change from="localhost" to="192.168.1.102" />
</IPChange>

Also, as a separate issue, I had already set up all my PlayOn paths to Amazon, Hulu, etc., in my sources without using the proxy server. The only thing I changed to the proxy server was the root PlayOn source. In other words, when XBMC.MyLibrary looks for the "Hulu" source in my XBMC instance, the one I have is currently "PlayOn UPnP/Hulu," not "PlayOn UPnP (Proxy)/Hulu." Will that be OK, or should I change them all?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - hellohello - 2014-05-20

@ratzofftoya,

so i understand you correctly, is your XBMC.MyLibrary running on the NAS server? or is the location of the dropbox on the NAS server?
I have a QNAP, but i am running XBMC.MyLibrary from a windows machine. having said that, my path to the QNAP is UNC (i.e. \\SERVER_NAME\PATH\to\Share)

i tried to run this from an XBMC client and it was all sorts of wrong. but that was because i didnt understand what i was doing (not that i do now either)

i would assume, if you're running XBMC.MyLibrary from a LINUX machine, and the dropbox is in the same place, the path might look like this:

./PATH/TO/SHARE (note the "." before the forward slash)

but i dont think that would work. the instructions within XBMC.MyLibrary seem to be geared to running the script from a windows box.

also, re: your separate issue: if you're using the BubbleUPnP proxy, your SOURCE in XBMC should be pointing to the PROXY version.

In other words, the NAME of your SOURCE should be the SAME as what you have in XBMC.MyLibrary.

HOWEVER, the source itself (NOT what's it's NAMED, but rather what it is pointing to) needs to be the (PROXY) version of your PlayOn instance(S).

I've never understood why people set up the HULU and Netflix as separate SOURCES in XBMC when you can filter them in (or out) through the XBMC.MyLibrary config file. It makes something like this much easier to manage as you only have to touch ONE source, the one that is pointing to the PlayOn server (or in this case, the intermediary BubbleUPnP proxy)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - ratzofftoya - 2014-05-20

So, I'd like to run MyLibrary from a client Linux box, but my dropbox is on a Synology. So the dropbox and the machine running MyLibrary are two different computers/IPs. I've done this before (using the same dropbox) from a Windows machine, so I don't think that having the script and dropbox on two different machines is an inherent problem.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - hellohello - 2014-05-20

o, course not, i agree. i've done the same but between 2 windows machines. the xbmc.mylibrary piece running on one and the playon piece on another

the key here is figuring out how the CLIENT LINUX box gets to the DROPBOX_LINUX_SERVER

and then putting THAT as the path. let me ask you a stupid question: have you tried //SERVER_NAME/PATH/TO/DROPBOX ?