Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

- gseib - 2011-06-08

That was it! must name it netflix. Thank you sir!

- gseib - 2011-06-12

This is an great tool. thank you for building it.
I have another Netflix curveball:
A couple of the reality shows like Mythbuster, Dirty Jobs, Anthony Bourdain
have Collections# folders and Volume# folders before the season.0 folder anyway to get around this?

- bradvido88 - 2011-06-15

gseib Wrote:This is an great tool. thank you for building it.
I have another Netflix curveball:
A couple of the reality shows like Mythbuster, Dirty Jobs, Anthony Bourdain
have Collections# folders and Volume# folders before the season.0 folder anyway to get around this?
The Playon Netflix custom parsing was built to handle collections and volumes. I have personally scraped all the Mythbusters collections from Netflix successfully. My script should parse the title and use TVDB lookup to find the correct season/episode number for the series.

If you scraped them before you fixed the "netflix" name, then the custom scraping may not have worked and you'll have to redo them.

- dukevim - 2011-06-15

Will XBMC.MyLibrary work with the Free Cable plugin?

- pkscout - 2011-06-17

dukevim Wrote:Will XBMC.MyLibrary work with the Free Cable plugin?

My bet is a qualified yes. Some of the channels in that plugin use a naming convention that this plugin should parse. Others don't. It's just a matter of piecing together the XML from the other examples and getting the paths set correctly.

- pkscout - 2011-06-17

I've setup PlayOn and gotten everything parsing correctly with Hulu and Netflix. One strange thing though. If I start and stop PlayOn (or restart the machine, which obviously causes PlayOn to stop and start) none of the stream links work anymore in XBMC. If I rerun the script all the links work again. When I look qt the logs I see a very odd, very long URL for the Hulu and Netflix mappings, and I'm wondering if those change with the UPnP service is stopped and started. If so, is there a better way to setup the UPnP mappings in XBMC other than browsing for them?

- bradvido88 - 2011-06-17

pkscuot Wrote:I've setup PlayOn and gotten everything parsing correctly with Hulu and Netflix. One strange thing though. If I start and stop PlayOn (or restart the machine, which obviously causes PlayOn to stop and start) none of the stream links work anymore in XBMC. If I rerun the script all the links work again. When I look qt the logs I see a very odd, very long URL for the Hulu and Netflix mappings, and I'm wondering if those change with the UPnP service is stopped and started. If so, is there a better way to setup the UPnP mappings in XBMC other than browsing for them?
Yes, this is normal for PlayOn. When it restarts, all of the URL's get changed, so you will need to re-run XBMC.MyLibrary anytime PlayOn restarts.

Not much we can do about that.

The only thing that remains static in PlayOn is the UPNP "id", and the root folder name after that, so something like:
Code:
upnp://{my big long id}/neftlix
will always stay the same.

But something like this
Code:
upnp://{my big long id}/neftlix/{another string of characters}
Will change anytime the service gets restarted.

- gseib - 2011-06-18

ok here is my setup for collection based Netflix
<Netflix Suffix=" [Netflix]" custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true">
<subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Shows/Reality TV/L-P/Man vs. Wild" type="episodes" recursive="true" />

here is the error
http://pastebin.com/kMvRcUDU

6/18/2011 02:17:03 PM INFO Search:Netflix This appears to be a TV episode with no Season info. Will attempt TVDB lookup, and if it fails, default to season zero: Netflix/Browse Genres/TV Shows/Reality TV/L-P/Man vs. Wild/Collection 3/01: Baja Desert

- bradvido88 - 2011-06-20

gseib Wrote:ok here is my setup for collection based Netflix
<Netflix Suffix=" [Netflix]" custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true">
<subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Shows/Reality TV/L-P/Man vs. Wild" type="episodes" recursive="true" />

here is the error
http://pastebin.com/kMvRcUDU

6/18/2011 02:17:03 PM INFO Search:Netflix This appears to be a TV episode with no Season info. Will attempt TVDB lookup, and if it fails, default to season zero: Netflix/Browse Genres/TV Shows/Reality TV/L-P/Man vs. Wild/Collection 3/01: Baja Desert
Yep, there is no"season" info, as it says, so it does a TVDB lookup for Man vs. Wild, episode titled "Baja Desert".
I'd need to see the log from the TVDB lookup too.

- ktjensen - 2011-06-30

bradvido - just want to thank you for working on this. It looks like a project you have spent many months doing. Your notes here are helping me understand the inner workings of UPNP streaming over the internet. Even if we have some break down of the sources (NETFLIX, HULU, etc.) should still be able to share via UPNP between friends. I would think and speculate. Keep up the great work.

- bradvido88 - 2011-06-30

@ktjensen
Thanks, it's just a spare time project for me. I like to give back to the XBMC community when i can since it's been so awesome to me over the years!

- bradvido88 - 2011-06-30

--Sorry, double post

- qq_bryon - 2011-07-01

first thanks so much for this, this is exactly what I wanted in setting up my xbmc. I'm very excited to get it working but running into a problem.

It looks like everything is set up correctly but when it goes to update xbmc database I get errors stating

Code:
07/01/2011 10:23:06 AM ERROR   DBUpdate:TV Show Could not execute query: SELECT idFile FROM files WHERE idPath IN(SELECT idPath FROM path WHERE strPath = 'C:\Library\dropbox\TV Shows\Arrested.Development\Season.1\') AND strFileName = 'S01E01 - Pilot.mpg'
                                                    com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'S01E01 - Pilot.mpg'' at line 1
                                                        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
                                                        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                                                        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                                                        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:381)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1030)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:956)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3536)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3468)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1957)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2107)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2642)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2571)
                                                        at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeQuery(StatementImpl.java:1451)
                                                        at utilities.Database.getSingleInt(Database.java:205)
                                                        at utilities.XBMCInterface.updateFilePointers(XBMCInterface.java:554)
                                                        at mylibrary.importer.updateDatabase(importer.java:1564)
                                                        at mylibrary.importer.importVideos(importer.java:359)
                                                        at mylibrary.importer.main(importer.java:27)
as you can see the problem is that it's escaping the single quote with the path i.e Season.1\' causing it to not terminate the string in the query. This causes all the updates to fail. This is on a windows 7 box and maybe that's the problem. here's my entire log file for reference.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3154799/XBMC.MyLibrary.log

- gseib - 2011-07-01

Here is another example of the problem i have with none "seasoned" tv shows on netflix (collections and volumes)

http://pastebin.com/RLDMueRK

for some reason it chooses the "volume 1" as the series lookup. I am sure it is something im doing wrong, but what?

- qq_bryon - 2011-07-03

Actually found the solution to my problem by turning off escaped characters in mysql

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3098978/mysql-interpreting-special-characters-in-generated-query