Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - mlu3141 - 2014-12-13

Before I begin setting this up, I wanted to see how to best do this. I'm currently using a Windows 7 machine running XBMC as a UPnP server for 3 Amazon Fire TV's. I'd like to use this program to scan the UPnP sources into the library for all three. Could I set this up on my Windows box and point my AFTV's to the same shared folders I'm using for the Windows 7 box? Basically, I'd create the source folders for the Windows computer as per the guide. From there, using the IP change, I'd add itself as a UPnP source. Would this then allow me to scan those folders to the libraries of the AFTV's? If so, can I do something similar for music?

If this doesn't work, can I run three instances of this on Windows and have each instance manage the folder for the corresponding AFTV?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - harker70 - 2014-12-23

(2014-09-22, 22:51)Ryoga79 Wrote: Another problem i've been running into - the shows scan into my library and parse fine, and are showing up in my "tv shows" as normal, but it looks like the queued metadata changes aren't happening. For every show that got scanned in, i get this error message:

Code:
09/22/2014 04:35:53 PM DEBUG   Meta-Data        No file found for: smb://feezfileserv/misc/xbmc-mylibrary/dropbox/TV Shows/Akame.ga.Kill!/Season.1/S01E01 - Kill the Darkness.strm, repsonse =
                                   {"id":"1","error":{"message":"Invalid params.","code":-32602},"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
09/22/2014 04:35:53 PM INFO    Meta-Data        SKIPPING meta-data update: SKIP: The video is not yet in XBMC's library: \\feezfileserv\misc\xbmc-mylibrary\dropbox\TV Shows\Akame.ga.Kill!\Season.1\S01E01 - Kill the Darkness.strm

Any idea what could be going wrong?

I saw that Ryoga79 was able to fix this by upgrading to Kodi in a later post. I tried that and was not successful. I am getting the following error in the debug log when trying to update metadata (append a suffix):
Code:
12/23/2014 12:34:14 AM DEBUG   Meta-Data        HTTP POST http://kodi:[email protected]:9080/jsonrpc

12/23/2014 12:34:14 AM DEBUG   Meta-Data        POST data (Content-Length: 233) =
                                   {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetFileDetails", "params": {"file":"smb://g03/StreamedContent/TV Shows/NCIS.New.Orleans/Season.1/S01E10 - Stolen Valor.strm", "media":"video", "properties":["file","title","playcount"]}, "id": "1"}

12/23/2014 12:34:14 AM DEBUG   Meta-Data        JSON-RPC Response:
                                   {"error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

12/23/2014 12:34:14 AM DEBUG   Meta-Data        No file found for: smb://g03/StreamedContent/TV Shows/NCIS.New.Orleans/Season.1/S01E10 - Stolen Valor.strm, repsonse =
                                   {"id":"1","error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

12/23/2014 12:34:14 AM INFO    Meta-Data        SKIPPING meta-data update: SKIP: The video is not yet in XBMC's library: \\g03\StreamedContent\TV Shows\NCIS.New.Orleans\Season.1\S01E10 - Stolen Valor.strm

I am now running Kodi 14 rc3 arm on a Google nexus player and was getting the same error on this device running gotham 13.2. I have the same suffix working on an amazon firetv running SPMC gotham. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks!

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - harker70 - 2014-12-25

Well, I have determined that my Json issue is not in the Kodi install but in the windows machine that I am running my library on i have a windows 7 Laptop that assigns the suffix labels fine and windows 7 desktop where I want to run the scheduled task that has the error above. I am working to compare the systems now to see what may be blocking something.

OutOfMemoryError - co5mo - 2014-12-30

Hi
I am having error when scanning

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Can anybody help me? It happed using clean first scan after around 4500 strm files were sucesfully generated

cmd window error http://pastebin.com/gSx9j8gD

thanks

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2014-12-30

You can try increasing java heap space using the -Xmx flag but you may have a circular reference in your plugin that is causing it to loop forever and any amount of memory won't help that

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - xateesix - 2015-01-04

Hello,

Thank you all for putting this tool together. I think it is one of the best add-ons for Kodi.

I have had good luck using this to maintain a high level of usability for novice users of our media system.

With all of that being said there are times that getting a show properly identified by TheTVDB.

Would it be possible to have some tags to force an association of TVDB ID to Show Name?

Thank you for all of you hard work!

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - triplef - 2015-01-09

im using a rasspberry with rasbmc (updated to kodi) can this run ?

Also is there a wiki/howto for playon ?

thanks a mill

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - queuecumber - 2015-01-10

I am interested in using the plugin to scan music from a upnp source into my library but I only see information about videos, can the plugin handle this?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - triplef - 2015-01-10

last questions i have multple sources for movies i need to rename the name i see in the movies kodi panel, aka [NETFLIX] - MOVIE NAME [AMAZON] MOVIE NAME

tried <subfolder name="New Releases" type="movies" prefix="NFLX - " movie_set=" Netflix New Movies" />

but no luck
any idea ?
im also using playon

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - triplef - 2015-01-10

ALSO house of cards netflix not working....

Title cannot be found, it was expected to be found after one of [ - , : , :, -, : , -- , .] in the file label "S01E01 Chapter 1"

<PlayOn custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true" prefix="[NetFlix] " >

<subfolder name="Netflix/Browse Genres/Tv Shows/Tv Dramas/House of Cards" type="episodes">

any idea ?

01/10/2015 12:27:16 PM DEBUG Archiving Found 13 files and 0 directories in PlayOn/Netflix/Browse Genres/TV Shows/TV Dramas/House of Cards/Season 1
01/10/2015 12:27:16 PM DEBUG Archiving Next: PlayOn/Netflix/Browse Genres/TV Shows/TV Dramas/House of Cards/Season 1/S01E01 Chapter 1
01/10/2015 12:27:16 PM DEBUG Archiving Getting all files inTonguelayOn/Netflix/Browse Genres/TV Shows/TV Dramas/House of Cards/Season 2
01/10/2015 12:27:16 PM DEBUG Archiving HTTP POST http://192.168.89.245:8081/jsonrpc
01/10/2015 12:27:16 PM DEBUG Archiving POST data (Content-Length: 246) =
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"media":"files", "directory":"upnp://a199517a-92a5-4bae-8d72-7924ea6408b6/netflix-2e2e4b46eb8f4ca1bfd7a0fb274f7f7e/", "properties":["runtime","title","thumbnail","fanart"]}, "id": "1"}
01/10/2015 12:27:16 PM WARN Archiving Title cannot be found, it was expected to be found after one of [ - , : , :, -, : , -- , .] in the file label "S01E01 Chapter 1"
01/10/2015 12:27:16 PM DEBUG Archiving Found PlayOn Netflix: TV : PlayOn/Netflix/Browse Genres/TV Shows/TV Dramas/House of Cards/Season 1/S01E01 Chapter 1
01/10/2015 12:27:16 PM DEBUG Archiving JSON-RPC Response:

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - triplef - 2015-01-11

new problem or more a question:
when type="generic" for example a CBC RAW feed, where will that go into in kodi ? its not a movie nor a tv show, its generic , how can i see that feed ?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2015-01-11

@triplef - You can try 'renamer'(or other library management tools) to scan/rename your strm files to something kodi recognizes if there is no other solution. As for generic strm files, these are treated as if they were just video files(not in library). Add a source to your video files and point it to the 'generic' folder.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - triplef - 2015-01-12

(2015-01-11, 20:34)spyder Wrote: @triplef - You can try 'renamer'(or other library management tools) to scan/rename your strm files to something kodi recognizes if there is no other solution. As for generic strm files, these are treated as if they were just video files(not in library). Add a source to your video files and point it to the 'generic' folder.

yeah i was like ...wth... but forgot i need source for playon to parse, then sources for the output folders, meaning i need to add the NEW tv shows/movies/generic streams folders as sources as well.

still have an issue with netflix house of cards, trying to have it ready for new season in feb , anyone got luck with house of cards parsing ?

anyone got hulu working from canada ? im using a dns proxy

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - gms199 - 2015-01-20

Hello All,
I am trying to update the meta data on the video that I add but I am having some issues. It keeps saying that they aren't yet in the library. The thing is they are in the library and it looks like I am getting a response. Can anybody point me to what I might be doing wrong?

Code:
01/19/2015 09:54:48 PM DEBUG   Meta-Data        POST data (Content-Length: 251) =
                                   {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetFileDetails", "params": {"file":"smb://MEDIASERVER-PC/dropbox/TV Shows/Arrested.Development/Season.1/S01E22 - S01E22 Let 'Em Eat Cake.strm", "media":"video", "properties":["file","title","playcount"]}, "id": "1"}
01/19/2015 09:54:50 PM DEBUG   Meta-Data        JSON-RPC Response:
                                   {"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"filedetails":{"file":"smb://MEDIASERVER-PC/dropbox/TV Shows/Arrested.Development/Season.1/S01E22 - S01E22 Let 'Em Eat Cake.strm","label":"S01E22 - S01E22 Let 'Em Eat Cake.strm","playcount":0,"title":"","type":"unknown"}}}
01/19/2015 09:54:50 PM INFO    Meta-Data        SKIPPING meta-data update: SKIP: The video is not yet in XBMC's library: \\MEDIASERVER-PC\dropbox\TV Shows\Arrested.Development\Season.1\S01E22 - S01E22 Let 'Em Eat Cake.strm

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2015-01-20

You'll notice in the response, the type is "unknown" and there is no episode_id returned. This means that XBMC can find the video by the path that you specified but the video is not scanned into the XBMC video library (at least not via that file path).

This often happens when folks add the video to the library via a different path than they scan for them with XBMC.MyLibrary. E.g. local path vs. smb share.