Kodi Community Forum
{WIP} Live TV / PVR Support in Neon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: {WIP} Live TV / PVR Support in Neon (/showthread.php?tid=98378)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Freakish - 2011-07-05

Just a bump, any idea if this has been fixed?

I'm still using the official repo, but i have copied certain XML files across from git, I still can't get the left side menu to appear. (It was there on my 10.1 build, but not my 11.x build) Is it just me?

- kubax - 2011-07-06

same here

i'll try the files from MindGuerellias this evening...

- MindGuerrillas - 2011-07-07

I've currently got it working using the latest git version of the skin and those few xml files copied over.

Channel Switching - Pezo - 2011-07-08

Hi,
I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but what are the keyboard shortcuts to switch the channels while viewing?
Or do I have to go back to the channel list to switch?

Thanks, Pezo

- stoli - 2011-07-10

MindGuerrillas Wrote:Stoli,

I've had a look at the latest PVR update and it is much improved on the previous version.

The is still one problem that I can spot though. Currently there is no left-hand-side menu available. In other skins when you go into the PVR section you have a menu off screen to the left which contains access to things like channel list, epg, recordings, search etc..

Is this just accessed a different way in Neon or is it missing?

I've attached a zip of the xml files from my current working system. These files are mostly from previous Neon builds and a bit of Confluence along with some tweaks of my own. These files give access to the leftside menu along with all other PVR features.
Zip file

Take a look and see what you think.
Thanks

I've added in you files and made some minor color and positioning tweaks - thanks for the help!

- NuroPreak - 2011-09-27

Dear stoli,
I want to inform you that im using latest neon (git) with great pleasuere. Only i'm experiencing one minor flaw with the pvr support. If i watch the program information from timeline i don't have a description. But if i view the normal tv channels i do see a desciption. I included two screens to show you the flaw.

- Freakish - 2011-10-23

NuroPreak Wrote:Dear stoli,
I want to inform you that im using latest neon (git) with great pleasuere. Only i'm experiencing one minor flaw with the pvr support. If i watch the program information from timeline i don't have a description. But if i view the normal tv channels i do see a desciption. I included two screens to show you the flaw.

Yes, I have noticed the same thing for ages, Confluence does do it correctly, I'm surprised that this hasn't been addressed as yet in Neon. I will also look into it and see if I can see where Confluence is getting the correct info from.

- costi - 2012-01-04

Hi!

I have some problems with the latest (well, downloaded 2 days ago from Passion repo) Neon version and LiveTV support:
- there are no colours in the EPG Timeline window (on Confluence each item has a colored background, on Neon only the item name is displayed)
- the menu when pressing DVD Menu button on my remote does not feature the channel logo, EPG button and channel switch buttons (it's exactly the same menu as for a normal movie, while in Confluence the menus for Live TV and TV Shows/movies are different)
- when I press LiveTV when watching TV the Live TV menu pops up (as it should), but there is no way to navigate it, the cursor does not move. All I can do is press OK to go back to fullscreen.

I'm using a standard Microsoft MCE remote and the latest build of Openelec (dated 02.01.2011).

- ursli - 2012-01-13

I would really like an EPG similar to the one in reFocus, anyone fiddled with it already and managed to get it to work? I tried moving some files around and copy pasting code but my limited set of skills provided no success.

- Freakish - 2012-01-14

ursli Wrote:I would really like an EPG similar to the one in reFocus, anyone fiddled with it already and managed to get it to work? I tried moving some files around and copy pasting code but my limited set of skills provided no success.

Yes I too have been hoping Stoli would one day revisit and update the EPG and PVR side of things, It currently is missing about 5 or 6 enhancements that the others skins are providing in this area.

But It's a time consuming thing, so i guess it will happen when he gets a chance.

EPG and teletext support in livetv? - rantzauer - 2012-01-19

Hey

First thanks for this very cool skin. I am using it on a openelec+pvr setup with 4therecord pvr plug-in installed, and it works good. But I am missing a few things, that fx., confluence skin has.

Then playing livetv I miss a way to go to the Teletext pages (1-999), and also a way to go to show epg for the channel I am watching. In confluence you have these possibilities, and its the only thing I miss in Neon.

Could this be implemented in Neon?

Keep up the good work.
Best regards
Rantzauer

- Freakish - 2012-02-18

So Stoli any chance any of these changes could be added anytime soon to Neon, it's been a while since you have said or mentioned anything to any of the the PVR requests?

- stoli - 2012-02-18

Freakish Wrote:So Stoli any chance any of these changes could be added anytime soon to Neon, it's been a while since you have said or mentioned anything to any of the the PVR requests?

I don't have a functioning pvr, so it's difficult (impossible) to code blindly.

- Freakish - 2012-02-19

stoli Wrote:I don't have a functioning pvr, so it's difficult (impossible) to code blindly.

If you need any help configuring a backend/frontend combination to get your PVR up and running let me know. I'm in Aus and have all of the Australian channels set and running in your skin. I'm using Margro's Eden 3 and Argus 4TR backend.

So if you need any help in configuring just let me know.

- bossanova808 - 2012-02-19

Of course someone could help stoli by knocking up some neon style pvr skin files for the missing/not ideal bits, and passing them to him....