Problem with Apple TV 2 - 4.3.1 with Jailbreak - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: Problem with Apple TV 2 - 4.3.1 with Jailbreak (/showthread.php?tid=98493)
- johnviz - 2011-04-05 22:21
How did you get that Nightly 4/01 version? And where do I get it?
- dtviewer - 2011-04-05 22:21
bobthedog Wrote:I'm using the latest nightly posted on 04/01. According to Keith it's the only one that works with hardware acceleration. If your using a previous version make sure you uncheck hardware acceleration in video settings before trying to play your MKV.
Possibly that is why Johnviz is having problems with mkv files.
Not sure if he is using a nightly.
- johnviz - 2011-04-05 22:22
Please let me know how I can get this version.
- dtviewer - 2011-04-05 22:22
johnviz Wrote:How did you get that Nightly 4/01 version? And where do I get it?
Instructions I previously posted:
To upgrade to a nightly:
1. Start up putty.
2. Enter IP address
3. A cmd window will open asking for user name and password. ('root' for username and 'alpine' for password)
4. wget http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
(then hit enter and wait until its done)
5. dpkg -i org.xbmc-20110401-97b5e9f_atv2-arm.deb (then hit enter and wait until its done)
- johnviz - 2011-04-05 22:23
Will try that right now. Thanks!
- johnviz - 2011-04-05 22:26
When I run the dpkg, I get "error processing org.xbmc-20110401-97b5e9f_atv2-arm.deb (--install) : Cannot access archieve: No Such file or directory"
- dtviewer - 2011-04-05 22:28
johnviz Wrote:When I run the dpkg, I get "error processing org.xbmc-20110401-97b5e9f_atv2-arm.deb (--install) : Cannot access archieve: No Such file or directory"
Sorry, I think when I copy and pasted it the links didnt work right.
I fixed my post....follow it again and it should work.
- johnviz - 2011-04-05 22:30
Same error, when I run the wget, that goes through fine. It's when i run the dpkg that I get the error.
Are you sure there isn't a typo in there?
- ldi9999 - 2011-04-05 22:31
dtviewer Wrote:Instructions I previously posted:
Where did you find the name of "org.xbmc-20110401-97b5e9f_atv2-arm.deb"?
- johnviz - 2011-04-05 22:33
I am copying directly from "Step 5" of your instructions