Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- othrayte - 2011-08-01

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Running on Win7 x64
Tried the new build july-31. No difference.
Searched for simplejson and it's nowhere to be found as far as i can tell.
Looked in install folder addons and in user folder addons.
Maybe it isn't included in the build for windows anymore

Oh, I just remembered one reason you would be missing the simplejson module, you need to use the built in install from zip option when installing the add-on, otherwise it doesn't check and install the dependencies, one of which is simplejson (it actually might be the only one). The solution if your using a release copy of TU is to install from the zip file (Settings/Addons/Install from zip file etc) the other option if you are using a git copy is to install simplejson yourself.

Edit: The simplejson module is actually an add-on itself, it is in the main official add-on repository, but you can see it from the install menu because it is a script.module add-on.

- mortstar - 2011-08-01

I see that in the master branch (commit: 8182649) you have referenced issue #74 which I added to with a post in this thread here. You commented in the commit that you believe this issue could be fixed, however, I can still create the exception, regularly but not reliably with the latest code available today (dba0282).

If I stop an episode shortly after it starts then it is more than likely that the exception is thrown. I've created another debug log today. Here are the steps I took in xbmc:

1) Began playing episode - watching notification is sent successfully to trakt.
2) Stopped episode playback after 33 seconds - cancelled watching notification is sent successfully to trakt.
3) Began playing same episode - watching notification is sent successfully to trakt.
4) Stopped episode playback after 9 seconds - exception thrown
5) Began playing same episode - no notification sent as trakt utilities is no longer functioning.

Please note that neither the episode title nor the tv show name contained apostrophes. I hope this is useful for hunting down this bug.

- Martijn - 2011-08-01

othrayte Wrote:Oh, I just remembered one reason you would be missing the simplejson module, you need to use the built in install from zip option when installing the add-on, otherwise it doesn't check and install the dependencies, one of which is simplejson (it actually might be the only one). The solution if your using a release copy of TU is to install from the zip file (Settings/Addons/Install from zip file etc) the other option if you are using a git copy is to install simplejson yourself.

Edit: The simplejson module is actually an add-on itself, it is in the main official add-on repository, but you can see it from the install menu because it is a script.module add-on.

Installed it via zip installation, it works now. Normally i just copy the contents of the zip file into the add-ons if there's some update. I did a fresh install of xbmc so i didn't have the json installed anymore.
Thanks.

- othrayte - 2011-08-02

mortstar Wrote:I see that in the master branch (commit: 8182649) you have referenced issue #74 which I added to with a post in this thread here. You commented in the commit that you believe this issue could be fixed, however, I can still create the exception, regularly but not reliably with the latest code available today (dba0282).

If I stop an episode shortly after it starts then it is more than likely that the exception is thrown. I've created another debug log today. Here are the steps I took in xbmc:

1) Began playing episode - watching notification is sent successfully to trakt.
2) Stopped episode playback after 33 seconds - cancelled watching notification is sent successfully to trakt.
3) Began playing same episode - watching notification is sent successfully to trakt.
4) Stopped episode playback after 9 seconds - exception thrown
5) Began playing same episode - no notification sent as trakt utilities is no longer functioning.

Please note that neither the episode title nor the tv show name contained apostrophes. I hope this is useful for hunting down this bug.

Yeah, I hand an idea about what might have been wrong that turned out to be incorrect. I'm still not certain what is the exact cause of this but I've done my best to patch up the only possibility I've found. If you could try the latest and tell me if it works; I have been unable to reproduce this locally.

- mortstar - 2011-08-02

othrayte Wrote:Yeah, I hand an idea about what might have been wrong that turned out to be incorrect. I'm still not certain what is the exact cause of this but I've done my best to patch up the only possibility I've found. If you could try the latest and tell me if it works; I have been unable to reproduce this locally.

Checked out c765994 - this is much more robust. I have not been able to make the exception occur with many quick start/stops of episode playback. All notifications are being sent successfully, as reflected on the trakt website as well. Looks like you've fixed the bug. Great work on fixing it blind Smile

- kjuu - 2011-08-02

othrayte Wrote:Well it seems you've proven that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, it's done, from v0.6.1 this will be including in the settings.

If you want to use this now, then I suggest you take a look at this differential and change the files in your local copy (keep in mind that it will get overwritten when you update TU, unless the next update for you is v0.6.1).

Hope you keep enjoying TU,

Big thanks! Really appreciate all the work you put in to this!

- Zenshi - 2011-08-03

Using trakt utilities 0.6.0 and the clean movies is not working, have 427 movies in xbmc, trakt has 430 movies and the script don't delete them.

Cheers,

Zenshi.

- rflores2323 - 2011-08-03

does anyone have this working on an atv2? I have both 10.0.7 and 10.0.9 and it doesnt work on 10.0.7 since is dharma however on 10.0.9 I cant get it work either. It does startup.

- Shinu - 2011-08-06

I enabled the option to "Rate Movie after watching" but nothing appears when the minimum percentage to be watched is reached. i'm using the test version of trakt utilities on the latest nightly.

- othrayte - 2011-08-06

Zenshi Wrote:Using trakt utilities 0.6.0 and the clean movies is not working, have 427 movies in xbmc, trakt has 430 movies and the script don't delete them.

Cheers,

Zenshi.

Assuming your starting the clean movies option manually, could you please provide your debug log as described in the wiki page linked in my sig as "getting support".

- othrayte - 2011-08-06

Shinu Wrote:I enabled the option to "Rate Movie after watching" but nothing appears when the minimum percentage to be watched is reached. i'm using the test version of trakt utilities on the latest nightly.

Could you please provide your debug log

- othrayte - 2011-08-06

rflores2323 Wrote:does anyone have this working on an atv2? I have both 10.0.7 and 10.0.9 and it doesnt work on 10.0.7 since is dharma however on 10.0.9 I cant get it work either. It does startup.

I can't promise anything as I don't use atv, and don't have access to one to test on, but if you provide your debug log and a description of what isn't working then I'll take a look.

- Shinu - 2011-08-06

othrayte Wrote:Could you please provide your debug log

Sure ..... http://pastebin.com/bYVMpwmU

- othrayte - 2011-08-07

Shinu Wrote:Sure ..... http://pastebin.com/bYVMpwmU

The underlying problem is this error "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'JSONDecodeError'", you can follow our progress to fix it here.

Thanks for reporting it.

- Martijn - 2011-08-07

Trakt utilities is crassing the latest nightlies with a minute of start-up. I had to disable it. I get a debug log posted soon.