Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-20

othrayte Wrote:The scrobbling in TU is designed to be used without the official trakt addon, if you are seeing doubles then both addons are trying to scrobble it.

TU doesn't currently support excluding folders, nor does it use and settings from the official trakt add-on, it runs independently of it.

Thanks for the info, I thought TU was an add-on to trakt. I'll try disabling the scrobbling of the trakt plugin then and hope for the exclusion to be included in TU.

- Manromen - 2011-10-20

I should update the description. :-)

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-10-20

I would also love the ability to exclude some folders/locations. Strange it's not in TU yet.

- othrayte - 2011-10-20

ezechiel1917 Wrote:I would also love the ability to exclude some folders/locations. Strange it's not in TU yet.

It's not that strange as I see it, I moved to just TU a while back now, I barely used the official add-on in the first place, so I didn't even know that it had this feature until we were releasing about v0.6, and the only reason I haven't prioritised it before now is that it wasn't being asked for. Consider it a priority for the next release.

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-20

So you don't need to run both plugins? That's great! I'm a minimalist kinda guy Wink
Can I opt another feature request? Optional notifications. Or status updates turned off and only show error notifications?

They do seem work together, the trakt and TU plugins. This morning I was watching an Anime, but now my signature shows a TV Show I watched last night.

- othrayte - 2011-10-21

Raytestrak Wrote:Can I opt another feature request? Optional notifications. Or status updates turned off and only show error notifications?
Those are already in the list of things to do for v0.7

Raytestrak Wrote:They do seem work together, the trakt and TU plugins. This morning I was watching an Anime, but now my signature shows a TV Show I watched last night.
Again not sure I understand?

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-21

othrayte Wrote:Those are already in the list of things to do for v0.7

Cool, Thanks.

Quote:Again not sure I understand?

It's nothing and you can ignore it since this will work beautifully in the new TU Laugh

I have both add-ons enabled at the moment. Yesterday I noticed while watching, a file from a folder I've set to ignore in trakt still showed on trakt and in my signature here on the forum. TU "overruled" Trakt, so to speak. Afterwards, on the forum, the signature changed to a serie I watched the night before, so the Trakt plugin "overruled" TU. Once again, ignore this, it's just a waste of internet bandwith Rofl

- pyrodex - 2011-10-21

Raytestrak Wrote:I have both add-ons enabled at the moment. Yesterday I noticed while watching, a file from a folder I've set to ignore in trakt still showed on trakt and in my signature here on the forum. TU "overruled" Trakt, so to speak. Afterwards, on the forum, the signature changed to a serie I watched the night before, so the Trakt plugin "overruled" TU. Once again, ignore this, it's just a waste of internet bandwith Rofl

You don't need the older Trakt Plugin anymore if you have Trakt Utilities at a recent version. Just make sure you turn on Scrobbling in the TU settings and then you can safely remove the older Trakt Plugin.

- MaxCore - 2011-10-21

I use on my second htpc openelec 1.0 and i can't sync my movie or tv show i get error from the plug in the same problem with the 0.63 in windows the problem solved with the 0.64 but not on openelec 1.0 ... I current use the 0.64 in my openlec 1.0.

Sorry for my english am a french canadien.

- othrayte - 2011-10-22

MaxCore Wrote:I use on my second htpc openelec 1.0 and i can't sync my movie or tv show i get error from the plug in the same problem with the 0.63 in windows the problem solved with the 0.64 but not on openelec 1.0 ... I current use the 0.64 in my openlec 1.0.

Sorry for my english am a french canadien.

What version of xmbc are you using on the htpc?

- Shinu - 2011-10-22

Raytestrak Wrote:Can I opt another feature request? Optional notifications. Or status updates turned off and only show error notifications?

ahhh. i've been meaning to request this a while now. everytime i'm in xbmc, i'm bombarded with endless notifications with no way to disable. the only notification i'd like to see is when a show that i'm watching is submitted to the site. another thing though. i've noticed that when i pause a movie or show that it doesn't remain on the site as "watching". was that a design choice?

- othrayte - 2011-10-22

Shinu Wrote:ahhh. i've been meaning to request this a while now. everytime i'm in xbmc, i'm bombarded with endless notifications with no way to disable. the only notification i'd like to see is when a show that i'm watching is submitted to the site.
Yeah, this should be a lot better in v0.7, it uses fewer notifications inherently and I do plan to add options to enable/disable the individual notifications.

Shinu Wrote:I've noticed that when i pause a movie or show that it doesn't remain on the site as "watching". was that a design choice?
Yeah, that was a design choice, but after hearing how that works with things like Facebook integration I'm considering changing it back or at least making it only enable-able from a setting somewhere.

- MaxCore - 2011-10-22

othrayte Wrote:What version of XBMC are you using on the htpc?

Ah is dharma .... Is not eden .... Damn

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-10-22

othrayte Wrote:It's not that strange as I see it, I moved to just TU a while back now, I barely used the official add-on in the first place, so I didn't even know that it had this feature until we were releasing about v0.6, and the only reason I haven't prioritised it before now is that it wasn't being asked for. Consider it a priority for the next release.

great! thanks. I hope it can get more than 3 folders to exclude which original trakt addon has. Big Grin

- othrayte - 2011-10-22

ezechiel1917 Wrote:great! thanks. I hope it can get more than 3 folders to exclude which original trakt addon has. Big Grin

How about I run my thoughts by you then, now I haven't checked if this is actually possible, and it is quite possible it isn't but:

Xbmc allows you to have different sources, and each source can have multiple folders. So say that I have a group of folders that I want to track, and other that I don't want it to and one contains something like IceLibrary items.

What I could do is tell TU to only trakt the first source. Now I think I can do this by checking the source that each reside in, how I would do that exactly I'm not certain.