Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-22

ezechiel1917 Wrote:great! thanks. I hope it can get more than 3 folders to exclude which original trakt addon has. Big Grin

You could also try using junctions in windows as your video source, that way you only have to exclude few folders.

Say you have kids 1 to 5 and adult and you only want adult shown in trakt. You can create junctions to kids 2 to 5 inside kids 1 and have xbmc only monitor adult and kids 1 and still have all your files scanned into xbmc. That way you also only have to exclude kids 1 in trakt. That should work.

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-10-22

Raytestrak Wrote:You could also try using junctions in windows as your video source, that way you only have to exclude few folders.

Say you have kids 1 to 5 and adult and you only want adult shown in trakt. You can create junctions to kids 2 to 5 inside kids 1 and have xbmc only monitor adult and kids 1 and still have all your files scanned into xbmc. That way you also only have to exclude kids 1 in trakt. That should work.

I wish it was that simple, unfortunately my setup is much more complicated... multiple local drives/usb drives/network locations. Wink

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-10-22

othrayte Wrote:How about I run my thoughts by you then, now I haven't checked if this is actually possible, and it is quite possible it isn't but:

Xbmc allows you to have different sources, and each source can have multiple folders. So say that I have a group of folders that I want to track, and other that I don't want it to and one contains something like IceLibrary items.

What I could do is tell TU to only trakt the first source. Now I think I can do this by checking the source that each reside in, how I would do that exactly I'm not certain.

I thought about that too, allowed sources only would definitely work for some setups, but it's hard to imagine to configure it if you are using multiple removable media or many different kind of network sources.
Excluded paths only is fine, and even three locations will be enough for most of users.

I'm not sure how easily and even if xbmc addon system can handle "unlimited" user variables if they are not defined by developer beforehand -eg. standard trakt addon have three predefined variables: ExcludePathOption, ExcludePathOption2, ExcludePathOption3. Ideally it shouldn't be limited to three paths, but user could incrementally add more paths based on his needs by clicking Add... which would create next incremented variable ExcludePathOption4, ExcludePathOption5 ... etc)
In case that's not possible and it has to be predefined by developer, I can always edit the code to add few more if needed. It's just not that user friendly Wink

- othrayte - 2011-10-23

ezechiel1917 Wrote:I thought about that too, allowed sources only would definitely work for some setups, but it's hard to imagine to configure it if you are using multiple removable media or many different kind of network sources.
Excluded paths only is fine, and even three locations will be enough for most of users.
I could always implement both, some people would find different ones easier.

ezechiel1917 Wrote:I'm not sure how easily and even if xbmc addon system can handle "unlimited" user variables if they are not defined by developer beforehand -eg. standard trakt addon have three predefined variables: ExcludePathOption, ExcludePathOption2, ExcludePathOption3. Ideally it shouldn't be limited to three paths, but user could incrementally add more paths based on his needs by clicking Add... which would create next incremented variable ExcludePathOption4, ExcludePathOption5 ... etc)
In case that's not possible and it has to be predefined by developer, I can always edit the code to add few more if needed. It's just not that user friendly Wink
My first thought about that was to use an xml config file, and say that these are advanced options. But in theory I could just make a new dialog window, and because I would have full control of the window I wouldn't be limited. But then I would have to think of a way to get from the settings page to this window, or only allow people to get to it from inside the add-on, which I feel would create a discontinuous experience.

- lowfi - 2011-10-23

I have 3 xbmc installs which all run TU (0.6.4). 2 live install (15 oct builds) and 1 osx build also from oct 15th.

On my main install (livingroom) it works great. And the other two not so much. On my bedroom system (same hardware) i get a TU error message: username or password incorrect. Which im 100% sure it isnt.

On my mac i get lots of error messages telnet too soon. So it appears port 9090 is being used by another program.

Could it be that for some reason trakt.tv (the site) is getting mixed up when all xbmc installs are running? And therefor i get all these error messages?

FYI: I never watch a serie/movie on two or three systems at the same time. Just one at the time.

- othrayte - 2011-10-23

lowfi Wrote:I have 3 xbmc installs which all run TU (0.6.4). 2 live install (15 oct builds) and 1 osx build also from oct 15th.
I assume you are building your own live installs, I didn't know that there were live ones for nighties.

lowfi Wrote:On my main install (livingroom) it works great. And the other two not so much. On my bedroom system (same hardware) i get a TU error message: username or password incorrect. Which im 100% sure it isnt.
This usually means, in my case at least, that TU cant contact trakt. Currently it says that the username/password are wrong when it cant't verify them, for whatever reason. This should change in the next version to indicate what is actually wrong. For now check you internet connection.

lowfi Wrote:On my mac i get lots of error messages telnet too soon. So it appears port 9090 is being used by another program.
Yeah if you can find messages in you log about xbmc not being able to start the json server/service then this is defiantly your problem, you might find that you can use a port scanner to check if something is using the port.

lowfi Wrote:Could it be that for some reason trakt.tv (the site) is getting mixed up when all xbmc installs are running? And therefor i get all these error messages?

FYI: I never watch a serie/movie on two or three systems at the same time. Just one at the time.
I cant think of a reason why this would occur. Especially if you are only playing items on one machine at a time (not that that would cause this kind of problem)

- lowfi - 2011-10-23

othrayte Wrote:I assume you are building your own live installs, I didn't know that there were live ones for nighties.

There is a nightly PPA.

Quote:This usually means, in my case at least, that TU cant contact trakt. Currently it says that the username/password are wrong when it cant't verify them, for whatever reason. This should change in the next version to indicate what is actually wrong. For now check you internet connection.

Apple trailer works. So it isnt a network issue.

Quote:Yeah if you can find messages in you log about xbmc not being able to start the json server/service then this is defiantly your problem, you might find that you can use a port scanner to check if something is using the port.

I tried changing the default json port in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<jsonrpc>
    <tcpport>11111</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>

Issue remains.

Quote:I cant think of a reason why this would occur. Especially if you are only playing items on one machine at a time (not that that would cause this kind of problem)

- Martijn - 2011-10-23

Is it possible to delay the TU syncing for let's say 20 seconds or more when starting xbmc? This way you have smoother start-up.

Second question. Why does TU also show as a repo in the add-ons section?

EDIT:
Also got a problem with the pre-0.7 branch from github (or am i using the wrong one for Eden?)
http://pastebin.com/pfsh2uBc

- othrayte - 2011-10-24

lowfi Wrote:There is a nightly PPA.

Ah, I didn't know that.

lowfi Wrote:Apple trailer works. So it isnt a network issue.

I think it still could be, current versions of TU only make a single attempt, and if it dials that is it. What I'm trying to say is that if you connection is a little unreliable then TU will have trouble.

lowfi Wrote:I tried changing the default json port in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<jsonrpc>
    <tcpport>11111</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>

Issue remains.
That's quite curious, did you food any relevant debug messages?

- othrayte - 2011-10-24

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Is it possible to delay the TU syncing for let's say 20 seconds or more when starting xbmc? This way you have smoother start-up.

Not yet, the next version will use a proper scheduling system, of some form.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Second question. Why does TU also show as a repo in the add-ons section?

That is how it auto updates.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:EDIT:
Also got a problem with the pre-0.7 branch from github (or am i using the wrong one for Eden?)
http://pastebin.com/pfsh2uBc
Yeah, we provide no guarantee that those breaches are stable, pre-0.7 and caching branches are currently the focus of development and are inherently quite unstable. But if you are brave enough to us these ones then bug reports are welcome on github.

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-24

I now only have TU enabled and I still sometimes get an error after watching a show "scrobbled episode already". Funny thing is that the episode does only show once in the trakt website.

- Phantisy - 2011-10-24

Current stable version of xbmc and trakt utilities and this is the error I am getting:
Code:
16:23:55 T:140506256254720 M:2823180288   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.SyntaxError
16:23:55 T:140506256254720 M:2823180288   ERROR: Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.TraktUtilities-0.6.3/nbhttpconnection.py', 32, 24, 'class NBHTTPConnection():    \n'))
16:23:55 T:140506256254720 M:2823180288   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.TraktUtilities-0.6.3/default.py", line 6, in ?
                                                from utilities import *
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.TraktUtilities-0.6.3/utilities.py", line 11, in ?
                                                from nbhttpconnection import *
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.TraktUtilities-0.6.3/nbhttpconnection.py", line 32
                                                class NBHTTPConnection():
                                                                       ^
                                            SyntaxError: invalid syntax

- othrayte - 2011-10-25

Raytestrak Wrote:I now only have TU enabled and I still sometimes get an error after watching a show "scrobbled episode already". Funny thing is that the episode does only show once in the trakt website.
Post me a debug log and I'll take a look.

Phantisy Wrote:Current stable version of xbmc and trakt utilities and this is the error I am getting:
I'll try to confirm when I get back to my main computer.

- icky - 2011-10-25

othrayte Wrote:Post me a debug log and I'll take a look.

I'll try to confirm when I get back to my main computer.

did you get any time to look at the icelibrary code budHuh

- othrayte - 2011-10-25

icky Wrote:did you get any time to look at the icelibrary code budHuh

No, not yet, and unfortunatly things will be slow over the next month of so as the uni semester ends and I go through exams.
I remember that mimesis back on page 49 was interested in helping out with this, not sure how that is going.