Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- othrayte - 2011-10-25

Phantisy Wrote:Current stable version of xbmc and trakt utilities and this is the error I am getting:

If by stable you mean dharma (10.1) then no TU doesn't support it, you need one of the latest nighties or the upcoming eden (11) to use it.

- mimesis - 2011-10-26

Just curious if anyone else would be interested in this. I was thinking what would make a cool plugin for XBMC and then thought that TU pretty much can cover this with some slight modification.

Would it be possible to track the users using trakt, each week select a random member and movie that they have watched and allow it to be seen under a "trakt movie club" option in trakt. Users can then discuss the movie. I think it would open up users to seeing movies that they may have never heard of and movie discussion can be quite fun with enough people. If there's not enough interest then no worries, but I thought we may have some people that would be quite interested in this.

- schumi2004 - 2011-10-26

mimesis Wrote:Just curious if anyone else would be interested in this. I was thinking what would make a cool plugin for XBMC and then thought that TU pretty much can cover this with some slight modification.

Would it be possible to track the users using trakt, each week select a random member and movie that they have watched and allow it to be seen under a "trakt movie club" option in trakt. Users can then discuss the movie. I think it would open up users to seeing movies that they may have never heard of and movie discussion can be quite fun with enough people. If there's not enough interest then no worries, but I thought we may have some people that would be quite interested in this.

I like the idea.

Pretty funny actually you came with this idea.
Last night i was browsing some users to see what they have watched recently and checked some of the video's they watched Wink

- Flanhare - 2011-10-26

mimesis Wrote:Just curious if anyone else would be interested in this. I was thinking what would make a cool plugin for XBMC and then thought that TU pretty much can cover this with some slight modification.

Isn't that a request for the trakt.tv site? This is just a scrobbler for XBMC with some awesome extras.

- othrayte - 2011-10-26

After putting a days thought into this my opinion is that this is really more deserving of its own add-on, it would probably be too much to try and do it justice from within TU, my suggestion would be to bug me to include support for 3rd party add-ons to communicate with TU and have TU do all of the hard work that it is doing/going to do (especially the new coming caching abilities) and just have the new add-on handle the "trakt movie club" specific bits.

On the other hand I would say that this is a good (and quite simple) proposal for something that can be added to (and be beneficial to) trakt.tv. If this proposal was raised with them I for one would support it and it would definitely get integrated into TU.

One thing you might run into if you choose to do it as purely an add-on is that it would only support xbmc/TU whatever users and more importantly that you would have to find some way for the system as a hole to choose the movie, who's plugin would choose, this might make it more suitable to being a trakt.tv feature.

- othrayte - 2011-10-26

Flanhare Wrote:Isn't that a request for the trakt.tv site? This is just a scrobbler for XBMC with some awesome extras.

Shocked Eek, I disagree, Wink, Cool TU has long gone beyond the mere spectra of basic scrobbling, with features like syncing, rating, watch-lists, trending lists, recommendations support and generally extra control Nerd. Also, thanks for calling the extras awesome Big Grin.

P.S. I'm trying to be lighthearted and whatnot.

- lowfi - 2011-10-26

othrayte Wrote:Quote:

Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfi
I tried changing the default json port in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<jsonrpc>
<tcpport>11111</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>
Issue remains.
That's quite curious, did you food any relevant debug messages?

Think im a little bit further:

Quote:17:15:23 T:5142576 NOTICE: DS: Starting dbus server
17:15:23 T:2990525296 NOTICE: DS: Starting DBUS server in Run Application aka thread
17:15:23 T:2998918000 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 0.0.0.0:9777
17:15:23 T:2998918000 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
17:15:23 T:3051342704 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:15:23 T:3068128112 NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: service: script.TraktUtilities - version: 0.6.4
17:15:23 T:5142576 ERROR: JSONRPC Server: Failed to connect to sdpd
17:15:23 T:5142576 NOTICE: starting zeroconf publishing
17:15:23 T:5142576 ERROR: CZeroconfAvahi::addService(): failed to add service named:XBMC JSONRPC@$(HOSTNAME) type:_xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp port:8080. Error:Invalid Error Code :/ FIXME!
17:15:25 T:3068128112 NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: trakt json url: /account/test/48dfcb4813134da82152984e8c4f329bc8b8b46a
17:15:26 T:2956983152 NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: [Notification Service] Telnet too soon? (111) Connection refused

IS it a hostname issue??

- HarryRosen - 2011-10-26

How do I know if this is working? I have installed it but nothing is going to my account.

- Martijn - 2011-10-26

Latest stable version is crashing latest nightlies when syncing trakt.tv back to xbmx. No debug messages in the log from the moment it starts syncing back.

Create an issue on Git?

- Flanhare - 2011-10-26

othrayte Wrote:Shocked Eek, I disagree, Wink, Cool TU has long gone beyond the mere spectra of basic scrobbling, with features like syncing, rating, watch-lists, trending lists, recommendations support and generally extra control Nerd. Also, thanks for calling the extras awesome Big Grin.

P.S. I'm trying to be lighthearted and whatnot.
Haha yeah what you listed was what i called awesome extras :-)

Well what I mean is that for me, it would be more natural if that was implemented @ trakt.tv, and TS make use of that function, that way we have the feature in both places.

But what do I know :-D

- othrayte - 2011-10-27

lowfi Wrote:Think im a little bit further:

IS it a hostname issue??

Hmm, I wouldn't think it is but it does look like it is a problem with xbmc itself. What you need to do is search the bug reports at http://trac.xbmc.org/ for anyone mentioning your error messages of problem. And if you don't find any create a new issue that explains that details the log, the error messages and the nothing is able to connect to the jsonrpc service. Also use the 'cc' field to forward the issue report onto Montellese.

- othrayte - 2011-10-27

HarryRosen Wrote:How do I know if this is working? I have installed it but nothing is going to my account.
Little messages should pop-up to tell you what it is doing, if you don't see these then check that you can find he add-on under 'videos' > 'add-ons' > 'Trakt Utilities'. If it is there then you need to check xbmc's debug log for any messages from TU.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Latest stable version is crashing latest nightlies when syncing trakt.tv back to xbmx. No debug messages in the log from the moment it starts syncing back.

Create an issue on Git?
Yeah create the issue.

- Phantisy - 2011-10-27

othrayte Wrote:If by stable you mean dharma (10.1) then no TU doesn't support it, you need one of the latest nighties or the upcoming eden (11) to use it.

Thank you for the update. I was thinking this was the issue but was not sure. I am on dharma and will wait for eden before I try to use it again.

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-27

othrayte Wrote:Post me a debug log and I'll take a look.

I'll try to confirm when I get back to my main computer.

Concerning the episode already scrobbled error after watching a tv show:

Either it's fixed with new nightlies, or uninstalling trakt instead of disabling trakt fixed my issue. Haven't seen it since.

- gyroland - 2011-10-27

I would need some help. I am using this UT, but even though there are the popups showing sync messages, sync doesn't happen. Also, scrobbling doesn't happen...

I am on some nightly, using 0.6.3 UT.
Here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/Mq6aREta

Thanks.