Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- DejaVu - 2011-11-02

The xbmc nightly I'm using on my ATV2 is the latest available... 25 Oct 2011.

I had to install TU manually using downloads from github.
https://github.com/Manromen/script.TraktUtilities/wiki/Download

Should I be using 0.6.4?
I guess 0.6.3 does not work anymore?

- othrayte - 2011-11-03

DejaVu Wrote:The xbmc nightly I'm using on my ATV2 is the latest available... 25 Oct 2011.

I had to install TU manually using downloads from github.
https://github.com/Manromen/script.TraktUtilities/wiki/Download

Should I be using 0.6.4?
I guess 0.6.3 does not work anymore?

Yeah, a nightly after the 4th of oct requires v0.6.4 due to changes in xbmc. I have edited the download page to be more clear.

- HarryRosen - 2011-11-03

is it possible to have TU run say once a day to update libraries instead of upon startup, or even run upon the resume from suspend?

Feature request - Rumik - 2011-11-03

Amazing addon now I've got it working Big Grin I have a feature request, however.

Work with the author of the aeon mq3 skin to create a widget for the home screen that displays what friends are currently watching Smile

It will make watching things even more social Smile

Cheers!

- DejaVu - 2011-11-03

That's solved it, but I have one more query.

I have 2 XBMC machines have that different libraries. If I sync from both, do they just add watched to Trakt or will one remove the others stats? Or does it only sync one way?

- lowfi - 2011-11-03

When updating to trakt website it also asks you if you would like to add watched status to your local library.

Why not create a single library using mysql?

- Martijn - 2011-11-03

lowfi Wrote:When updating to trakt website it also asks you if you would like to add watched status to your local library.

I don't see your point?

TU and the trakt.tv site are seperate things and the local library is the XBMC library so if you set a watched status on the website it also sets the watched status in XBMC

- lowfi - 2011-11-03

When you have two seperates xbmc libraries with one trakt account there might be a reason (other family members/rooms??) not update library 2 with watched status from library 1 throught the trakt website.

- othrayte - 2011-11-03

HarryRosen Wrote:is it possible to have TU run say once a day to update libraries instead of upon startup, or even run upon the resume from suspend?
Options for scheduling of updates should be included in the next release.

Rumik Wrote:Amazing addon now I've got it working Big Grin I have a feature request, however.

Work with the author of the aeon mq3 skin to create a widget for the home screen that displays what friends are currently watching Smile

It will make watching things even more social Smile

Cheers!
Grabbing real time info on what friends are watching is already in the list of things to add at some point, it will probably come in a release shortly after v0.7 (the next release) as there are already tones of new things to do for v0.7. When this is added we'll look into exposing this info to 3rd parties (probably in the form of jsonrpc notifications).

DejaVu Wrote:That's solved it, but I have one more query.

I have 2 XBMC machines have that different libraries. If I sync from both, do they just add watched to Trakt or will one remove the others stats? Or does it only sync one way?
I _believe_ that unless you enable cleaning it will only sync in one direction.

lowfi Wrote:When updating to trakt website it also asks you if you would like to add watched status to your local library.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I don't see your point?

TU and the trakt.tv site are seperate things and the local library is the XBMC library so if you set a watched status on the website it also sets the watched status in XBMC
lowfi Wrote:When you have two seperates xbmc libraries with one trakt account there might be a reason (other family members/rooms??) not update library 2 with watched status from library 1 throught the trakt website.
I'm still confused about what you are requesting? If you are referring to pointing two xbmc machines at the same mysql library then this is untested but would work so long as they don't try to sync at the same time.

- HarryRosen - 2011-11-03

Awesome thanks

- dsimages - 2011-11-03

I have installed on both machines (openelec on a p4, dharma on a revo).

It is submitting what im watching but nothing else.

any ideas?

EDIT: I know it will not work on dharma, but I am getting the services.py error on the openelec build. I have logging enabled but cant find the log.

- othrayte - 2011-11-04

dsimages Wrote:I have installed on both machines (openelec on a p4, dharma on a revo).

It is submitting what im watching but nothing else.

any ideas?

EDIT: I know it will not work on dharma, but I am getting the services.py error on the openelec build. I have logging enabled but cant find the log.
What versions of TU and xbmc nightylies are you using on the openelec machine?

I'm afraid I'm no expert on openelec, so I wouldn't know where to find the logs, but when you find them I'll glad look through them for you.

- phil4v7 - 2011-11-04

othrayte Wrote:Um, so I went to the page you linked and you have 113 shows in your collection, is this not what you expect, I also noticed that you have 21 shows that you have 'played', ie watched part of. Are you expecting something else?
I'm seeing behavior similar to what Jessev described. The script adds all of my shows to my trakt "Collections" and then turns around and deletes roughly 80% of them. I have 74 shows seen by xbmc and the trakt count reaches 74 at the midway point, then slides back down to 16-20 by the time it's done. I double and triple checked that I have cleaning turned off, but it really shouldn't matter as all of the same files exist that it just used to add the entries. The debug log is rather long, so I'll pastebin it and send it in a PM.

Edit: I put it in the PM, but adding here as well:
Ubuntu 11.04, XBMC compiled from git on 2011-11-02, TU 0.6.4

- dsimages - 2011-11-04

The openelec machine is running xbmc 10.1 git e9e9099 and TU version 0.6.3.

I still do not know where TU is putting the logs. I have it enable in the config but no idea where its putting them.

- phil4v7 - 2011-11-04

dsimages Wrote:The openelec machine is running xbmc 10.1 git e9e9099 and TU version 0.6.3.

I still do not know where TU is putting the logs. I have it enable in the config but no idea where its putting them.
This is the first time I've needed to hunt for logs as well. In my install, I found the TU logs as a part of the xbmc.log located at:

/home/USER/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

I don't know if openelec lays things out differently, but hopefully that'll get you started in the right direction.