Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- othrayte - 2011-11-05

halkeye Wrote:I got a bit more detailed error message. I looked back a few pages in the post and didn't see anyone else mention it. I hope it hasn't been mentioned before.
Try changing line 580 in sync_update.py from:
Code:
except KeyError:
to:
Code:
except KeyError, ValueError:

If this works I'll implement it as a proper bugfix.

Edit: if you need help I can publish a pre-modified copy of the file for you.

- halkeye - 2011-11-05

othrayte Wrote:Try changing line 580 in sync_update.py from:
Code:
except KeyError:
to:
Code:
except KeyError, ValueError:

If this works I'll implement it as a proper bugfix.

Edit: if you need help I can publish a pre-modified copy of the file for you.

I've since done a little bit of reading up on python exceptions.

Handling multiple exceptions the syntax was slightly wrong, I wrapped it in brackets (as per section 8.3 of http://docs.python.org/tutorial/errors.html).

Code:
except (KeyError, ValueError):

Now its flushing data to trakt, at least the on startup one works. I'll try another ep and make sure the during ep one is fixed as well.

Edit: replaced my post as I found a working solution to the problem

- othrayte - 2011-11-05

halkeye Wrote:I've since done a little bit of reading up on python exceptions.

Handling multiple exceptions the syntax was slightly wrong, I wrapped it in brackets (as per section 8.3 of http://docs.python.org/tutorial/errors.html).

Code:
except (KeyError, ValueError):

Now its flushing data to trakt, at least the on startup one works. I'll try another ep and make sure the during ep one is fixed as well.

Edit: replaced my post as I found a working solution to the problem
Ah, yeah, good that you got that bit working. Sorry I mustn't have tested it properly.

- dsimages - 2011-11-05

othrayte Wrote:Ok, so I was correct after all, that version of openelec was built recently from very old Dharma source code, as such it is unable to run TU. If you did want to run TU you would need a copy built from Eden source code, preferably the most recent versions.

Hey, I appreciate you looking into this for me anyway. Openelec does have some pre-eden/eden builds available but I already have this build working to my likings. I believe the next automagic update will be a eden build so I will try and install then.

Thanks again.

- phil4v7 - 2011-11-05

othrayte Wrote:No, I cant think of anything wrong with the nfo files, and everything else seems in order, next thing is that modified version.
For the modified version you will need to put it in place and restart xbmc. If it runs tv cleaning by default then it will show up in xbmc's log, otherwise you will need to run the cleaning manually.
Reporting back with an update... My statement that I am using thetvdb as a scraper is true, but not completely accurate. When I got home and looked closer at some of the nfo files in the directories, I noted that the shows that were getting deleted had nfo files with imdb references rather than thetvdb references. Several months back, I went through and tried to clean up my collection with media companion gen2. Apparently, the nfo files created by that process used imdb references that were confusing everything. So even though my xbmc install is set to use thetvdb and could find new shows and episodes just fine, it looks like TU was deleting any shows without a tvdb reference. So now I've gone through and deleted the old nfo files, removed the shows from xbmc, let it re-add them, and everything is fine now. Quirky. Thanks for the help and all your work on TU.

- othrayte - 2011-11-06

phil4v7 Wrote:Reporting back with an update... My statement that I am using thetvdb as a scraper is true, but not completely accurate. When I got home and looked closer at some of the nfo files in the directories, I noted that the shows that were getting deleted had nfo files with imdb references rather than thetvdb references. Several months back, I went through and tried to clean up my collection with media companion gen2. Apparently, the nfo files created by that process used imdb references that were confusing everything. So even though my xbmc install is set to use thetvdb and could find new shows and episodes just fine, it looks like TU was deleting any shows without a tvdb reference. So now I've gone through and deleted the old nfo files, removed the shows from xbmc, let it re-add them, and everything is fine now. Quirky. Thanks for the help and all your work on TU.
Yeah, that actually makes stone sense to me. What happens its that current versions of TU only read the tvdbid from trakt and check if that exists locally, this if that local one is using a different id it won't find it. Of course trakt.tv understand either so it works fine going the other way. This problem will be addressed inherently in the massive changes in the next major release of TU.

- Raytestrak - 2011-11-08

Doesn't TU use the local database are reference to scrobble stuff to trakt.tv? I was wondering, because when I'm whatching Hawaii 5-0 (the current series), TU reports to trakt that I'm watching Hawaii 5-0 from 1753 or something (or way back anyways).
At some point though, on the trakt site, the correct episode is scrobbled.

- rectifyer - 2011-11-08

Are you using thetvdb to scrape the info for your TV shows? It's not sending a tvdb ID when you are watching so it is reverting to a name based match and thus matching the original series.

To fix it, double check your scraper settings and make sure its using tvdb. For this series, you'd have to add (2010) to the name for a names based match to work properly.

- Rumik - 2011-11-09

TU has stopped scribbling. Was working fine until the other day, now it's stopped. Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/iB2XHKtA I can still manually sync seen episodes, but it just won't scrobble. Using a nightly from a few days ago.

This was the error I was having before upgrading to 0.6.4.

Any ideas?

- Raytestrak - 2011-11-09

rectifyer Wrote:Are you using thetvdb to scrape the info for your TV shows? It's not sending a tvdb ID when you are watching so it is reverting to a name based match and thus matching the original series.

To fix it, double check your scraper settings and make sure its using tvdb. For this series, you'd have to add (2010) to the name for a names based match to work properly.

Yeah I am. The folder has 2010 in it and so do the file names. I'm having more trouble with this show anyway. Subtitles cannot be found correctly and I had to add an nfo to make it work. It's no big deal, but I do need to remove the sent episode from the site to keep my db clean.

- othrayte - 2011-11-09

Rumik Wrote:TU has stopped scribbling. Was working fine until the other day, now it's stopped. Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/iB2XHKtA I can still manually sync seen episodes, but it just won't scrobble. Using a nightly from a few days ago.

This was the error I was having before upgrading to 0.6.4.

Any ideas?

This has already been solved on git. So you could get a copy of TU from there, I'm not certain how long out will be until I receive enough pressure to push or a new version.

- Rumik - 2011-11-09

I'm using the version I downloaded from t a week ago - 0.6.4... Is that not the latest version? Can you provide a link?

Thanks Smile

- Raytestrak - 2011-11-09

What kind of pressure do you need? Laugh

I'll wait for the "official test build beta use at your own risk" release. I love using and testing the latest stuff, but I draw the line at compiling my own stuff.

- othrayte - 2011-11-09

Rumik Wrote:I'm using the version I downloaded from t a week ago - 0.6.4... Is that not the latest version? Can you provide a link?

Thanks Smile
it is fixed in an as yet "unreleased", not that anything open source is really ever unreleased, you can get it here.

Raytestrak Wrote:What kind of pressure do you need? Laugh

I'll wait for the "official test build beta use at your own risk" release. I love using and testing the latest stuff, but I draw the line at compiling my own stuff.
Well, if more people start having problems that would be the required pressure Wink.
The one thing holding mr back is the fact that I would have to change more of the addon to release a new version than was actually required to fix the bug, well that and exam revision Rolleyes. I would comment that it doesn't require any compiling, just downloading extracting the zip and copying it into TUs folder.

- Rumik - 2011-11-09

Thanks I'll try it out when I get home Smile