Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- othrayte - 2011-12-01

soder Wrote:Are you having problem with your scrobble?

I'm on "nightly" pre eden on Ubuntu, and using this Add-on.

SOMETIMES when I start XBMC, I get a "warning" about something "failed to connect to remote server".

I think this has to do this this Add-on, since when I've had that message, I think that the scrobble doesn't work. I then restart my XBMC until I don't get that message.
That message (which might be from TU) generally indicates a lack of internet connectivity, even if it is momentary. In the current version of TU if it can't connect at the start it effectively gives up and all notification based services will be unavailable until xbmc is restarted, I'm planning to implement this differently in new versions to avoid this issue. Notification based services include scrobbling, instant syncs and rating dialogs.

soder Wrote:Also (another problem I think), I had problem with my MOVIES being scrobbled but not marked as watched. A problem I didn't have for my episodes, and the only difference in settings was that I had the option to Rate the movie after it was seed, and I didn't had that option ON for episodes.

I removed that option for movies to, and now I have "almost" no problems. =)

Try it..

/Söder
Um, so you were having trouble scrobbling when rating was enabled, this have been a bug if it occurred before 0.6.4, I would suggest trying again, it might be fixed now. Again the next version will hopefully allow the rating and scrobbling code to be cleaner and less prone to any issue like this.

- soder - 2011-12-01

othrayte Wrote:It is possible that one was watched for a sufficient amount on time to make TU to scrobble it, but on the second one it was not, even still xbmc decided that you had watched it and internally marked it as seen, TU notices this and synchronises this with trakt.tv so it is marked as watched and not scrobbled. It shouldn't have anything to do with pausing (unless xbmc counts paused time towards total playback time, which TU doesn't). Playing an item in pieces where you actually stop it in between would likely cause this, that is because TU currently only takes into account the time you spent watching it in the current session, there is an issue already logged to deal with this.

Well, it sometimes happens I watch 20 min of 60 min, then 20 min later, and then another 20 min.

But the episode isn't marked as watched i XBMC until there about only 5 min left, and I almost never stop after that, since if the episode is marked as seen in XBMC, it's getting hidden in my Library, and XBMC drops the info about where I was.

Also, what do you mean with "TU currently only takes into account the time you spent watching it in the current session"?

If I watch 50% of 60 min, and I have set that the add-on is gonna mark as seed after 85%, what does that mean then?

/Söder

- soder - 2011-12-01

othrayte Wrote:That message (which might be from TU) generally indicates a lack of internet connectivity, even if it is momentary. In the current version of TU if it can't connect at the start it effectively gives up and all notification based services will be unavailable until xbmc is restarted, I'm planning to implement this differently in new versions to avoid this issue. Notification based services include scrobbling, instant syncs and rating dialogs.

OK, great, but then I know that I'm doing the right thing to restart XBMC until I don't get that message.

Quote:Um, so you were having trouble scrobbling when rating was enabled, this have been a bug if it occurred before 0.6.4, I would suggest trying again, it might be fixed now. Again the next version will hopefully allow the rating and scrobbling code to be cleaner and less prone to any issue like this.

I've been on 0.6.4 for some time now, and this problem was on that version as well I think. The movie was scrobbled, but not marked as watched on Trakt.tv. After the movie was done, there was no tracks on trakt.tv of me have watched that movie.

/Söder

- othrayte - 2011-12-01

soder Wrote:Well, it sometimes happens I watch 20 min of 60 min, then 20 min later, and then another 20 min.
Do you pause or stop the item in between these.

soder Wrote:But the episode isn't marked as watched i XBMC until there about only 5 min left, and I almost never stop after that, since if the episode is marked as seen in XBMC, it's getting hidden in my Library, and XBMC drops the info about where I was.
What info is being dropped, why are you choosing to not watch the last 5 min.

soder Wrote:Also, what do you mean with "TU currently only takes into account the time you spent watching it in the current session"?

If I watch 50% of 60 min, and I have set that the add-on is gonna mark as seed after 85%, what does that mean then?

/Söder
If you watch the first 20min of a 60min item, then stop (not pause) the item then when you come back and watch the next 20 min TU doesn't remember that you had already watched the first 20min and so it says you have only watched 1/3 of the item.

For your case if you have it set to 85% that means you have to watch the item for at least 85% of the time without stopping (pausing is fine), so if you only watch 50% then TU will say you haven't watched enough.

- othrayte - 2011-12-01

soder Wrote:I've been on 0.6.4 for some time now, and this problem was on that version as well I think. The movie was scrobbled, but not marked as watched on Trakt.tv. After the movie was done, there was no tracks on trakt.tv of me have watched that movie.

/Söder
You mentioned in the other stream of posts that you don't let xbmc think you have something watched, this is probably your problem, when TU syncs it will syncronise the playcount and if xbmcs playcount is zero it will make that the same on trakt.tv, removing any record that you played the item.

The next version will be much smarter in this sense and will know which one is more correct.

- soder - 2011-12-01

othrayte Wrote:Do you pause or stop the item in between these.
I guess I do both. If I just pause, I can see on trakt.tv that I do stop scrobble. I don't know about marked as watched on trakt.tv by doing this.

When I stop, it's normally by 1/3 or 1/2 or 2/3 or something like that.

Quote:What info is being dropped, why are you choosing to not watch the last 5 min.

I mean, that IF i watch 1h55min of an 2h movie and STOP it, XBMC DO mark it as watched, it's being hidden in the library, AND since it's being marked as watched, it "drops" info about me being at 1h55min, as a result of being marked as watched. THAT'S why I don't stop that close to the end, but only at 50-60% or something like that.. =)

Quote:If you watch the first 20min of a 60min item, then stop (not pause) the item then when you come back and watch the next 20 min TU doesn't remember that you had already watched the first 20min and so it says you have only watched 1/3 of the item.

Aha, THAT'S a problem, and probably the cause of my problem with some being marked as scrobbled and some only marked as seen.

Quote:For your case if you have it set to 85% that means you have to watch the item for at least 85% of the time without stopping (pausing is fine), so if you only watch 50% then TU will say you haven't watched enough.

Yeah, and THAT'S fine for me, but IF i stop at 50% and then later watch another 35%, I would like this add-on to report it as 85% and send it as scrobbled by XBMC to trakt.tv, and not as just 50% when I've seen the second 50%, and then send it as "marked as seen" when XBMC marked it as seen.

Is it possible to turn of the "marked as seen" function, and only let the add-on scrobble?

Also, sometimes I have episodes, in my timeline, that shows up twice. One as "marked as seen" and one as "scrobbled by XBMC". Is this an result of the way this add-on doesn't continue from the % where it was stopped, and the way XBMC marks as seen in the Library?

/Söder

- soder - 2011-12-01

othrayte Wrote:You mentioned in the other stream of posts that you don't let xbmc think you have something watched, this is probably your problem, when TU syncs it will syncronise the playcount and if xbmcs playcount is zero it will make that the same on trakt.tv, removing any record that you played the item.

The next version will be much smarter in this sense and will know which one is more correct.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with "you don't let xbmc think you have something watched". I let XBMC mark my episodes and movies being watched after 95% or somehing like that.

About THIS problem. I just spoke with my fried who also had the same problem as me. It WASN'T that the movie wasn't being marked as watched on Trakt.tv. The problem was that it was marked as watched in the year 1911 or something like that, making it not show up in the feed correctly. =/

/Söder

- othrayte - 2011-12-01

soder Wrote:I guess I do both. If I just pause, I can see on trakt.tv that I do stop scrobble. I don't know about marked as watched on trakt.tv by doing this.

When I stop, it's normally by 1/3 or 1/2 or 2/3 or something like that.

I mean, that IF i watch 1h55min of an 2h movie and STOP it, XBMC DO mark it as watched, it's being hidden in the library, AND since it's being marked as watched, it "drops" info about me being at 1h55min, as a result of being marked as watched. THAT'S why I don't stop that close to the end, but only at 50-60% or something like that.. =)
Ok, I understand now, sorry I was being so thick.

soder Wrote:Aha, THAT'S a problem, and probably the cause of my problem with some being marked as scrobbled and some only marked as seen.

Yeah, and THAT'S fine for me, but IF i stop at 50% and then later watch another 35%, I would like this add-on to report it as 85% and send it as scrobbled by XBMC to trakt.tv, and not as just 50% when I've seen the second 50%, and then send it as "marked as seen" when XBMC marked it as seen.
Yeah we plan to fix this, and it is on the list, it is just waiting on some other things that are ahead of it.

soder Wrote:Is it possible to turn of the "marked as seen" function, and only let the add-on scrobble?
Yes it is, disabling "auto sync seen X at startup" should do that.

soder Wrote:Also, sometimes I have episodes, in my timeline, that shows up twice. One as "marked as seen" and one as "scrobbled by XBMC". Is this an result of the way this add-on doesn't continue from the % where it was stopped, and the way XBMC marks as seen in the Library?

/Söder
I have been curious lately about this, but I don't think that can cause it. It is probably more to do with a difference in the timestamps for scrobbling and xbmcs last watched, so unless you had the percent complete for TU set really low (such that is scrobbled the first time you stopped it but not the second) then it is unrelated.

To be honest, several of these problems might not get fixed before the next major version comes out and makes them all irrelevant.

- othrayte - 2011-12-01

soder Wrote:Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with "you don't let xbmc think you have something watched". I let XBMC mark my episodes and movies being watched after 95% or somehing like that.
Yeah, I had just misunderstood, sorry.

soder Wrote:About THIS problem. I just spoke with my fried who also had the same problem as me. It WASN'T that the movie wasn't being marked as watched on Trakt.tv. The problem was that it was marked as watched in the year 1911 or something like that, making it not show up in the feed correctly. =/

/Söder
This is let propagate simply because neither TU nor trakt.tv check that the date makes sense and all dates are referenced in seconds since 1970, if dates are just after 1970 then I can see where the issue might be from, but if it is truly 1911 then it will need more investigation. But again this is one of the things that will get affected by the upcoming major changes.

- soder - 2011-12-01

othrayte Wrote:Yeah we plan to fix this, and it is on the list, it is just waiting on some other things that are ahead of it.
Great!

Quote:Yes it is, disabling "auto sync seen X at startup" should do that.
But will this also disable it WHEN I actually manually mark it as watched?

Quote:I have been curious lately about this, but I don't think that can cause it. It is probably more to do with a difference in the timestamps for scrobbling and xbmcs last watched, so unless you had the percent complete for TU set really low (such that is scrobbled the first time you stopped it but not the second) then it is unrelated.

But what if I've have the add-on set to 85%, and I stop at 86%? Then trakt.tv have marked my episode as "scrobbled by XBMC". Then when I start again, the addon thinks I'm at 0%, but XBMC still knows I'm at 86%. After the last 14% the episode is finished, and XBMC mark it is as seen, and the add-on get that info and sends it again, this time as "manually marked as seen"?

Couldn't that be cause of my problem with some episodes twice in my feed?

/Söder

- soder - 2011-12-01

othrayte Wrote:Yeah, I had just misunderstood, sorry.

This is let propagate simply because neither TU nor trakt.tv check that the date makes sense and all dates are referenced in seconds since 1970, if dates are just after 1970 then I can see where the issue might be from, but if it is truly 1911 then it will need more investigation. But again this is one of the things that will get affected by the upcoming major changes.

But I think it was January 1, 1970 at 1:33. =)
http://piclair.com/med7e
http://piclair.com/05e4p

/Söder

- othrayte - 2011-12-01

soder Wrote:But will this also disable it WHEN I actually manually mark it as watched?
Yes

soder Wrote:But what if I've have the add-on set to 85%, and I stop at 86%? Then trakt.tv have marked my episode as "scrobbled by XBMC". Then when I start again, the addon thinks I'm at 0%, but XBMC still knows I'm at 86%. After the last 14% the episode is finished, and XBMC mark it is as seen, and the add-on get that info and sends it again, this time as "manually marked as seen"?

Couldn't that be cause of my problem with some episodes twice in my feed?

/Söder
Hmm, yes it would. Either or both the massive changes in the upcoming version or the logged issue would fixes this, just need to wait for it.

- othrayte - 2011-12-01

soder Wrote:But I think it was January 1, 1970 at 1:33. =)
http://piclair.com/med7e
http://piclair.com/05e4p

/Söder
You've just opened my eyes to a simple step I can take, check the watched date against the release or first aired date.

But there is probably some underlying problem that is causing this, and it is probably within xbmc. We will try to0 investigate and fix this after we release v0.7.0.

- soder - 2011-12-01

othrayte Wrote:Yes

But IF I change that setting, and I watch first 50% and the stops, and then watch the another 50%, then trakt.tv will get nothing?

Sounds not like an option for me. Then it's better to have it marked twice, until this problem is fixed.

Thanks for all the info. Great support!

/Söder

- othrayte - 2011-12-01

If people have noticed that I'm mentioning the upcoming v0.7.0 release of TU that is because the major thing that I wanted to get done for it is progressing well and I'm passed all of my exams, so I'll have the time to finish it.

But it will be a major overhaul of the service parts of TU, lots of the code has been rewritten. Expect lots of things to break, the first couple of releases I can guarantee will not be classed as stable.

To this affect I would like to invite the most daring of you to try out v0.7.0 before it is released, so long as you know how to use git and have a system to run it on that isn't as important. Certainly do not run any pre-0.7 git version of TU on your main system, unless you are me (that is how I develop things, and how I provide incentive to myself to make it all work).

So over the next two weeks I should have pre-0.7 ready for those that are immortal and the first 'testing' releases should be ready by the new year, or sooner depending on free time.