Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- mortstar - 2011-12-19

If I use the watchlist script to start an episode playing, then it is not communicated with the trakt website. I've posted a log and more details in the script's thread here.

I think ronie, the script's author, would be happy to add what is needed to get the two addons playing nicely.

- othrayte - 2011-12-19

Pillzbury Wrote:Downgraded to 20111202 release and got the same (I think) error.

Code:
00:22:25 T:123232256  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: default: script.TraktUtilities - version: 0.6.4
00:22:25 T:123232256   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
00:22:25 T:123232256   ERROR: Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'dumps'
00:22:25 T:123232256   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.TraktUtilities/default.py", line 122, in <module>
                                                menu()
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.TraktUtilities/default.py", line 30, in menu
                                                if checkSettings() == False:
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.TraktUtilities/utilities.py", line 73, in checkSettings
                                                data = traktJsonRequest('POST', '/account/test/%%API_KEY%%', silent=True)
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.TraktUtilities/utilities.py", line 151, in traktJsonRequest
                                                jdata = json.dumps(args)
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'dumps'

Then downgraded to 20111129 and:

Code:
00:32:00 T:112394240  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: service: script.TraktUtilities - version: 0.6.4
00:32:01 T:122474496  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
00:32:01 T:112394240   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
00:32:01 T:112394240   ERROR: Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'dumps'
00:32:01 T:122474496  NOTICE: [PLUGIN] 'Weather Plus: Version - 2.7.2' initialized!
00:32:03 T:112394240   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.TraktUtilities/service.py", line 67, in <module>
                                                autostart()
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.TraktUtilities/service.py", line 24, in autostart
                                                if checkSettings(True):
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.TraktUtilities/utilities.py", line 73, in checkSettings
                                                data = traktJsonRequest('POST', '/account/test/%%API_KEY%%', silent=True)
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.TraktUtilities/utilities.py", line 151, in traktJsonRequest
                                                jdata = json.dumps(args)
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'dumps'

Each time I uninstalled and reinstalled trakt utilities. Unfortunately the 20111129 release is the furthest back of the nightlies.
Hmm, I'm not sure why you are the only one reporting this, it should affect every TU user using an ATV2.

If others are using TU on an ATV2 could you please specify whether it is working and on what build of xbmc.

- othrayte - 2011-12-19

lowfi Wrote:Hi

I use a mysql database. When i watch a movie op PC1 and continue watching it on PC2 the stop/start time is synced between the two. However TU doesnt sync the movie as watched to the website because it thinks i started watching it halfway through for example. Anything you can do about this?

This is on the list of things to fix see https://github.com/Manromen/script.TraktUtilities/issues/60.

- othrayte - 2011-12-19

user321 Wrote:Hi,

I'm running XBMC compiled on 22nd October and Trakt Utilities 0.6.4.

I had to rebuild my XBMC library (reimport all movies) and unfortunately trackt will not sync my watched FROM trakt back to XBMC.

I watched one film last night and this was successfully marked as watched on trakt.tv so it seems as though it's only synchronising in one direction.

Does anyone know why it might not be sychronising my watched movies back to XBMC?

Many thanks.
Could you please provide a full copy of XBMCs debug log with debug turned on in TU.

- othrayte - 2011-12-19

redsolo Wrote:Ive just started using the plugin, and it works to scrobble and update the trakt.tv collection. But when I go into the Recommended TV/Trending Movies, it seems that there is no way out of the horizontal posters view. The ATV remote only has 3 buttons + directional keys, and normally I press menu to exit a menu/view. (When I long press menu, it will bring up the menu).

What keys does the plugin expect me to press in order to go back from the posters view? Not sure how this is handled in other plugins, but the SVTPlay works with short press on Meny to back out...

This bug has been fixed for an upcoming version.

- othrayte - 2011-12-19

Mizaki Wrote:It would be nice to support absolute ordering (anime mostly). trakt doesn't plan to support it any time soon. The question was asked 6 months ago.

I've currently modded/hacked the official scrobbler to detect absolute ordering (not easy and not nice) and convert to season from thetvdb.

It would be nice to have the option. Any chance?
Yeah, I understand, I gave up on it because I didn't feel that XBMC had a good way of handling it.

Create and issue on github and we will look into when we have some spare time.

- othrayte - 2011-12-20

mortstar Wrote:If I use the watchlist script to start an episode playing, then it is not communicated with the trakt website. I've posted a log and more details in the script's thread here.

I think ronie, the script's author, would be happy to add what is needed to get the two addons playing nicely.

For those interested I will be replying in the watchlist thread here.

- logictester - 2011-12-21

hello,
i can't seem to get my widget updated with the shows i watched - it's stuck on an old show and won't show the new shows i watched even though they are updated on the traktv site

- othrayte - 2011-12-22

logictester Wrote:hello,
i can't seem to get my widget updated with the shows i watched - it's stuck on an old show and won't show the new shows i watched even though they are updated on the traktv site
I sorry I don't follow, could you please detail what you mean by 'my widget', 'get [the widget] updated' and '[the widget] is stuck on an old show'. How exactly does this relate to TU.

- logictester - 2011-12-23

othrayte Wrote:I sorry I don't follow, could you please detail what you mean by 'my widget', 'get [the widget] updated' and '[the widget] is stuck on an old show'. How exactly does this relate to TU.

i mean this Image - it seems watched movie are updated and presented, but tv shows are not

- othrayte - 2011-12-23

logictester Wrote:i mean this Image - it seems watched movie are updated and presented, but tv shows are not

Ah, right.

Do the tv show updates appear on the trakt website? (I'm asking because I do see shows and episodes that you have seen on your profile and I at the time of writing there was a tv show in that image), if so then this I a trakt problem that you will need to raise with them, other wise could you please detail what you watched when that you think is missing. Also if this keeps happening could you please provide a copy of XBMCs log with TUs debugging turned on.

- logictester - 2011-12-23

well it sort of updated last night, but this show was not the last show i watched.... i'll check with traktv, thanks for your reply

- othrayte - 2011-12-24

logictester Wrote:well it sort of updated last night, but this show was not the last show i watched.... i'll check with traktv, thanks for your reply

Ok, so turn on debugging in TU, watch some shows and upload XBMCs log somewhere that we can see it.

- othrayte - 2011-12-25

I though you all should know; I'm making steady progress with v0.7, I am just about to commit my most major changes. Like I had said previously my preferred timeline is v0.7.0 for the new year and v0.8.x about a month later. v0.7.0 will include as many of the problems/features as I can attempt to fix/implement between now and 2012, anything left will go into v0.8.x, hence the shorter cycle for it.
I suppose you are wondering what I've been doing if I'm just about to start implementing all of the feature requests, well to do things properly required in my mind a large rewrite of some of the system. I've tried to be true to the initial objectives of TU, synchronization, as such this is where I have spent the majority of my time. The new system should be all round faster, more reliable, more resilient and most importantly easier to work with. It is this ease of use that will allow us to more efficiently add all your suggestions for new features.

I plan to have this major change in the official repo asap, I just need to run it by Manromen, then I'm looking for the bravest of the brave to try it out. I'm trying to avoid understating things, the new system needs testing, but it could also leave you with annoying glitches in your trakt DB. This will defiantly be try it at your own risk, as such no download link will be provided. Should you feel like to can do me the great favor and help me test this you can contact me directly for instructions (or just pull the code from github).

The following are a list of things I will try to do before the new year (this is just off the top of my head so there will be things I've missed)
  • Hunt down and eradicate the freezes on closing of XBMC
  • Add all of the missing options inside the media windows (ie watchlists etc) for things like rating
  • Play via tv show windows
  • A set of skinning variables for TU status
  • Options to control when TU makes notifications (also see previous)
  • Include resume watch time in total watch time
  • Notification of friends events
  • Skin variables for recommendations/watch-list/etc
  • A set of jsonrpc commands that can be used to control TU from other plugins, etc.
  • And lots that I can't remember right now

Lets see how many we get done before the new year.

Seasons greetings, stay safe,
Othrayte

- akuiraz - 2011-12-25

in notification_service.py it is still trying to import missing files

Quote:from sync_update import *
from instant_sync import *
from watchlist import *

last edit: forgot to from import watchlist import *