Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- othrayte - 2012-02-25

soder Wrote:I've noticed that if I in XBMC mark a seen TV-show as "unwatched" in my library, it also mark the show as unwatched at trakt.tv.

That's not great if you ask me. Is there a way to turn that of?

Sometimes I mark shows as unwatched, since maybe my girlfriend wants to see it, or if I want to re-watch it.

Then it not great if it at trakt.tv looks like I haven't seen it.

Or am I wrong? But I've seen this for a lot of shows.

/Söder

That is the expected functionality, if you mark it as unseen in XBMC then you are telling it that you haven't watched it, so TU will correctly sync this. If you actually want to sst that you wasn't to re-watch it then you should look into the watchlists. For multiple users you might also consider separate profiles on XBMC and trakt.

- soder - 2012-02-25

othrayte Wrote:That is the expected functionality, if you mark it as unseen in XBMC then you are telling it that you haven't watched it, so TU will correctly sync this. If you actually want to sst that you wasn't to re-watch it then you should look into the watchlists. For multiple users you might also consider separate profiles on XBMC and trakt.

I don't agree. Why would something be marked as seen in XBMC to be able to mark it as unseen, if I haven't seen it once in the first time.

Trakt.tv should track what I've seen sometimes in my life, and not be a mirror of my library in my opinion.

Why not just add an option in the add-on that only sync what's been marked "watched" or being scrobbled.

I often mark an TV-show like Sopranos or Friends as unwatched in XBMC, to be able to start over with that show, mixed with all my new episodes in my unwatched library.

How I keep my library in XBMC is nothing trakt.tv should be involved with think. What's ONCE marked as seen in trakt.tv should always be marked as seen!

/Söder

- samukas - 2012-02-25

Hum... I thought this was not the way TU worked?

For example if I start a new XBMC setup, everything is marked as unwatched. But if I run TU it will simply mark stuff that are marked as watched on Trakt.

Point being, I thought that TU only marked stuff has watched, not unwatched.
- Unwatched items on Trakt but watched on XBMC, will be marked as watched on Trakt.
- Unwatched items on XBMC but watched on Trakt, will be marked as watched on XBMC.

Is this not the way it works?

- akula34 - 2012-02-25

Sleepie Wrote:I've re-installed XBMC (eden-beta3) on my Linux Mint system, reinstalled TraktUtilities, but I still get the error that my username/password is incorrect.

I'm pretty sure it is correct though, because I can login on the trakt.tv website.

This is my xbmc-log: http://pastebin.com/i3gEFfs6

I would venture to guess that you're using wireless?

I had the same problem. You can see how I fixed it on my box at this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=989094&postcount=12

Essentially, wireless isn't up and active when XBMC boots, which means that Trakt can't connect initially, and it never tries again.

Essentially I delay XBMC from booting for 10 seconds to allow wireless to connect. Since I leave XBMC running all the time, boot time doesn't matter to me.

- Sleepie - 2012-02-25

akula34 Wrote:I would venture to guess that you're using wireless?

I had the same problem. You can see how I fixed it on my box at this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=989094&postcount=12

Essentially, wireless isn't up and active when XBMC boots, which means that Trakt can't connect initially, and it never tries again.

Essentially I delay XBMC from booting for 10 seconds to allow wireless to connect. Since I leave XBMC running all the time, boot time doesn't matter to me.

Nope, not using wireless. The xbmc test box is directly connected to a Gbit switch with a cat5E cable. (as is my current 'live' box which is running MediaPortal and has no problems with trakt.tv at all).

What I do notice is that when I start TraktUtilities manually from the Addons menu, it almost seems as if it doesn't even try to make a connection, the "invalid username or password" message pops-up almost immediately.

- othrayte - 2012-02-26

samukas Wrote:Hum... I thought this was not the way TU worked?

For example if I start a new XBMC setup, everything is marked as unwatched. But if I run TU it will simply mark stuff that are marked as watched on Trakt.

Point being, I thought that TU only marked stuff has watched, not unwatched.
- Unwatched items on Trakt but watched on XBMC, will be marked as watched on Trakt.
- Unwatched items on XBMC but watched on Trakt, will be marked as watched on XBMC.

Is this not the way it works?
That is the way it works when it does a full sync, but if it sees that you have manually made a change then it takes that as you wanting that to be changed and syncs that. The difference is that it knows the history during instant syncs as opposed to full syncs.

The underlying reason that it syncs like this is so that you can correct accidents. Without it you would have to make the change at both ends, which due to the fact that the newer version syncs much faster and more often could make it very hard to correct errors.

It is my view that unmarking something watched in XBMC is not the correct (trakt-ish) way to re-watch something. Granted TU doesn't yet support the most logical method of watch-lists as well as it should. For this reason I am considering making these negative syncs optional. We will have to see what happens with 0.7, as I have no expectation of going to thew effort putting that into the current version.

- tonyp - 2012-02-28

Yup would be a got idea to make it optional I think. I never needed it yet, but if I want to re-watch a whole show I would set the show in XBMC to "unseen", too - which would give me a good way of traking at which episode I'm currently.

Btw - any news on the "freezing every second play" issue?

updating the "unofficial" test builds - kluka - 2012-02-28

updating the "unofficial" test builds

so when I do "install add-on from zip, and put in the newest version; everything is fine?

- lorddunlow - 2012-02-29

I'm also having the video freezing issue that I also attributed to the Eden betas. Glad to see it's just TU causing it. Has this been fixed in the upcoming 0.65 build or is this a newly discovered issue? (I haven't had time to update to the testing version yet) Great add-on, even if I do have to restart XBMC every once in a while for this issue.

- othrayte - 2012-02-29

tonyp Wrote:Yup would be a got idea to make it optional I think. I never needed it yet, but if I want to re-watch a whole show I would set the show in XBMC to "unseen", too - which would give me a good way of traking at which episode I'm currently.
Although I disagree with the use case I can't expect anyone to use the non-existent alternative, so this will become part or an upcoming version.

kluka Wrote:updating the "unofficial" test builds

so when I do "install add-on from zip, and put in the newest version; everything is fine?

Um, was that a question? If your asking if that is how you use the testing version, then yes it is.

tonyp Wrote:Btw - any news on the "freezing every second play" issue?

lorddunlow Wrote:I'm also having the video freezing issue that I also attributed to the Eden betas. Glad to see it's just TU causing it. Has this been fixed in the upcoming 0.65 build or is this a newly discovered issue? (I haven't had time to update to the testing version yet) Great add-on, even if I do have to restart XBMC every once in a while for this issue.

To those asking about the freezing that occurs when TU is running and an item starts and in which the video freezes but the audio continues. I simply don't know, I haven't found anything in the logs or in my own testing to explain it and I haven't been able to reproduce it. At this stage it will not be part of 0.6.5 but I might ask some XBMC devs and python gurus for advice if I don't get any further.

- zebulon35 - 2012-02-29

Hi , Iv been following this thread for some time now. Just wanted to say that after updating XBMC to the first release candidate for Eden I have not had any "freezes" anymore. Have been running about 30 plays in a row without hanging. (running latest test version of TU 0.6.4 29xxxx)

Anyone else on XBMC RC1 that have the same experience?

- cd492 - 2012-02-29

No still not working. Now I got the Freeze after an Episode is finished.

- Rumik - 2012-02-29

Ive been having audio issues the past few days so I thought I'd update my nvidia drivers. So I tried reenabling trait and the freeze started appending again, so no it's still a problem. But you know what? It just happened even though I have trakt disabled! WTF?!

- Synes - 2012-02-29

using Eden and Aeon MQ3-skin I'm trying to configure this plugin (0.6.4) for the first time.
I have entered username and password. Enable auto sync for movies/tv-shows/ at startup and enabled scrobbling. After rebooting XBMC Trakt Utilities tells me sync has been done. However nothing appears on my Trakt Library. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what I have to do for first use ?

- othrayte - 2012-02-29

Synes Wrote:using Eden and Aeon MQ3-skin I'm trying to configure this plugin (0.6.4) for the first time.
I have entered username and password. Enable auto sync for movies/tv-shows/ at startup and enabled scrobbling. After rebooting XBMC Trakt Utilities tells me sync has been done. However nothing appears on my Trakt Library. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what I have to do for first use ?

You shouldn't have to do anything special, assuming you have content in your xbmc libraries, I suggest you post a debug log, instruction are in my sig.