Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

updates - kcmoney13 - 2011-05-16

Hey all,

is anyone else having issues with the utilities. I have been using this previously with no problems but as of late. Currently watching doesn't seem to be updating on the website as well as updating shows that I have watched,

Movies and TV shows seem to update fine for my library online but it just doesnt seem to want to mark them as watched.

here is my profile:
http://trakt.tv/user/kcmoney13

then when you click on 'see more' on shows it says that I havent watched any this month. I just watched 3 episodes of United States of Tara today. It even let me vote on the episode to see if i liked it or not.

I am running XBMC 5-13 release
Trakt Utilities - 0.5.1

If I need to change the version numbers I will definitely do that. Thanks in advance. I absolutely love this plugin.

- Manromen - 2011-05-16

We don't have implemented scrobbling yet. Have you installed the official trakt addon too?

- othrayte - 2011-05-16

kcmoney13 Wrote:Hey all,

is anyone else having issues with the utilities. I have been using this previously with no problems but as of late. Currently watching doesn't seem to be updating on the website as well as updating shows that I have watched,

Movies and TV shows seem to update fine for my library online but it just doesnt seem to want to mark them as watched.

here is my profile:
http://trakt.tv/user/kcmoney13

then when you click on 'see more' on shows it says that I havent watched any this month. I just watched 3 episodes of United States of Tara today. It even let me vote on the episode to see if i liked it or not.

I am running XBMC 5-13 release
Trakt Utilities - 0.5.1

If I need to change the version numbers I will definitely do that. Thanks in advance. I absolutely love this plugin.

Hi,

At this stage, and for the foreseeable future scrobbling of watched items is handled by the official trakt plugin. From your description it appears that you are watching the item and it isn't getting marked as watched on trakt, if this is the case then you need to consult the official trakt xbmc forum for help. If on the other hand you were using the sync/update ability of Trakt Utilities then we would gladly accept an issue here and a debug log if possible.

P.S. Just notice Manromen has responded more succinctly, but I spent long enough writing this that I figured I'd post it anyway Laugh.

Best of luck,
Othrayte

- Manromen - 2011-05-21

We just released a new testing version (0.5.2).
For users of the Aeon Nox skin, there is a great improvement on the layout.
Thanks Big Noid :-)

- Manromen - 2011-05-22

I had a wrong repository in the testing zip (the stable one).
I now fixed that. So if you already updated to 0.5.2 you don't get testing updates - you will get stable updates. If you want to get testing updates please download again.
Sorry for that.

- chokapick - 2011-06-02

Manromen, I'm using the test version (0.5.2 at the moment on 20110531-b4dd541) but since you release it, the option to rate tv show or movie never appered on my screen... is it normal!?

Also since a feew weeks ago the script give me an error on XBMC library update, but at the moment I'm not at home so I can send you the debug.

BTW, nice job dude, this add-on is awesome! Big Grin

- Manromen - 2011-06-02

The ratings stuff were just added in the last couple versions - since 0.5.0 I think.
Othrayte implemented the ratings. I think it's no problem if the ratings just appeared since version 0.5.2. Versions 0.5.0+ are testing Versions. There may still be bugs in it, but we don't got a lot bug reports lately. So I think it's already really stable.

I would appreciate it if you could send me the debug log. Smile

- rflores2323 - 2011-06-02

Just wondering why this has not implemented with the actual trakt plugin? Any specific reason?

Also I am guessing that when eden comes out that this will work with eden stable build and we wont need to use a nightly build. Is this correct? I am using dharma stable and waiting for eden to come out to be able update.

Also will this work on the atv2?

- Manromen - 2011-06-03

I think they were very busy with their site and to support all the other media players too. They worked very hard to get a nice interface for all the addon developers.
If Eden releases, Trakt Utilities will work with all upcomming stable releases. If not I'll make it work. Smile
There is also another Trakt Addon comming for Eden too.

- othrayte - 2011-06-03

chokapick Wrote:Manromen, I'm using the test version (0.5.2 at the moment on 20110531-b4dd541) but since you release it, the option to rate tv show or movie never appered on my screen... is it normal!?

Also since a feew weeks ago the script give me an error on XBMC library update, but at the moment I'm not at home so I can send you the debug.

BTW, nice job dude, this add-on is awesome! Big Grin

Like Manromen has already said the rating system should be working and we haven't seen many reports of bugs, the log would be very helpful, you can pm it to one of us or if you have a GitHub account you can submit an issue at https://github.com/Manromen/script.TraktUtilities/issues/new.

Just a few initial questions, have the ratings worked for you up until now, if so with which versions? Are you trying to rate items played through the add-on or through XBMC itself? Does the rating dialog appear if you use the other method to play the item? Is the item your playing in the video library? and finally are you trying to play the item as part of a playlist that contains more than one item?

Hopefully we can resolve this before I finish my work on v0.6.0 Cool.

- chokapick - 2011-06-05

Sorry, for the delay but I've been very busy!

I don't have a Github account so I'll post the info here.

have the ratings worked for you up until now
- No, rating after watch never appears on my system

Are you trying to rate items played through the add-on or through XBMC itself?
- I'm waiting for the rating dialog after watching a movie or TV episode.

Does the rating dialog appear if you use the other method to play the item?
- No, the rating dialog never appear after watching something on library or file mode

Is the item your playing in the video library?
- Yes they are on library and they are correctly send as watch to my Trakt profile

are you trying to play the item as part of a playlist that contains more than one item?
- No, I don't use playlists

I also got a "Script Failed: Service.py" message from Trakt Utilities on XBMC lunch after the message "Start sync Tv Shows".

Here is my debug log:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8199788/xbmc.log

I'm using an updated Windows 7, Trakt Script version 0.5.2 and nightly XBMC version 20110531-b4dd541

If you need more information, fell free to ask.

PS: Sorry for my lame english Confused

- othrayte - 2011-06-05

chokapick Wrote:Sorry, for the delay but I've been very busy!

I don't have a Github account so I'll post the info here.

Here is my debug log:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8199788/xbmc.log

I'm using an updated Windows 7, Trakt Script version 0.5.2 and nightly XBMC version 20110531-b4dd541

If you need more information, fell free to ask.

PS: Sorry for my lame english Confused

First off, your English is better than most of my lecturers at uni, secondly, after looking at your log file I can confirm that this is a bug on our side, but it has been highlighted by an exceptional circumstance, what causes it is that, whilst you probably cant see it, you have "Long Way Round" in your database three times and one of those entries has no episodes listed, this causes an error when the plugin goes to work on an empty list of episodes.
Once the updating part crashed so did the ratings, in the mean time either remove and re-add "Long Way Round" or turn off the automated syncing of seen tv shows.

Turns out this was all caused by a change in the way some of the internal functions work and it should be fixed for v0.6.0 it you want to keep a track of it is on github here (no account required to view it).

P.S. What I meant by playing it through the add-on is that for movies (and soon tv shows) you can use the plugin to initiate the playing of an item, there are currently working menus for 'trending' 'recommended' and 'watchlist' lists and if you have an item locally it will allow you to play it straight from the add-on.

Cheers,
Othrayte

- chokapick - 2011-06-05

"Long Way Round" is only one of the Shows/Movies that I have with problems... mostly every Brazilian and Portuguese stuff give me problems on the library updates.

After I remove "Long Way Round" other show will appear.

I'll fix of them and then report Wink

Many thanks for your time.

- chokapick - 2011-06-05

Thanks Othrayte.

It works, I just watch a show and after that the rating appears Wink

PS: I have a very, very slow connection at home (2G), so it's very painful to use the 'trending' 'recommended' or 'watchlist', since it takes forever to download the info.

- Hjord - 2011-06-13

Hey.
Its seem i cant open the addon.
When i select Trakt Utilities to sync XBMC with Trakt, nothing happens.

I'm using nightly from March 6.

-------

Edit:
Now, when i start XBMC i get script error sevice.py