Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - wiz561 - 2012-03-16

Hi!

I just got started using Trakt and the Trakt Utilities 0.6.4 addon. I'm trying to figure out how to use it. I am using the Aon Flux skin. After watching the movie, a box pops up, but how do I tell which one is chosen? The arrows do something, but it's kind of hard to see if I liked the episode or not.

The other question I have is how can you rate the show if you don't right after you watch it? I read somewhere that you can go into the 'info' section to rate it, but I couldn't see how.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - saitoh183 - 2012-03-16

First you should get the latest version because 0.6.4 has issues. For the rating, yes its hard to see but the highlight always starts on the kind of blue rectangle top right. So its always down then left to highlight the "Like heart"

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - kri kri - 2012-03-16

Where is this latest version?

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - saitoh183 - 2012-03-16

check the first post ...the git link

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - lrusak - 2012-03-16

(2012-03-16, 19:58)saitoh183 Wrote: check the first post ...the git link

as far as I know 0.6.4 is the current version

current stable release: script.TraktUtilities-0.6.4.zip

current testing release: script.TraktUtilities-0.6.4.zip

via https://github.com/Manromen/script.TraktUtilities/wiki/Download

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - lrusak - 2012-03-17

Nevermind, I found it. You have to click the zip file :/

anyways, here is a quick link to 0.6.5

https://github.com/Manromen/script.TraktUtilities/zipball/master

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - saitoh183 - 2012-03-17

the current stable version has issues. If you click on "Code" that will bring you to the source page where there is the latest version. You click on "Zip" and download that version
(2012-03-17, 00:46)lrusak Wrote: Nevermind, I found it. You have to click the zip file :/

bingo Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - othrayte - 2012-03-17

I must apologies for the lateness in my replies, I hadn't been receiving messages from the new forum as my phone, where I normally read the new massages after them appearing in my inbox, was no longer logged in and so the forum didn't tell me that there were new messages.

(2012-03-13, 01:50)Sranshaft Wrote: I'm currently trying to skin this addon for the Boxee Inspirat skin and I've run into a few issues that I hope someone might help me with.

First issue I've noticed is the listitem doesn't change when switching between items vertically. I'm using a 4x3 panel and the infomation changes when going horizontally through the row but when I press up or down to change the row the information stays on the last item until I press left or right again. Is the method to update the label's information tied directly to the left / right key action?
This has already been fixed for the latest version of TU, it was a bug on our side.

(2012-03-13, 01:50)Sranshaft Wrote: The second issue is with the rate.xml. There doesn't seem to be any code to hide the Currently loved, Currently hated, Not Rated buttons at window creation. This causes all three button to appear on screen at the same time. This doesn't matter when the dialog's image is essentially the same shape like it currently is in the default skin but is noticeable when I use a button with only text. Is there any way I can get this to work where only the currently true button is visible.
This is just the way we have it at the moment, it was designed for images by us programmers, so not the most skin friendly, could you please submit a feature request or any changes you would need.

(2012-03-13, 01:50)Sranshaft Wrote: The third issue isn't really a bug as such but something that would help skinners like myself that want to be able to differentiate between the options available. I'd love to have a label available for the window title in order to display to the user they are in the Recommended TV shows versus Trending TV shows which I can't do at the moment as they both use the same xml file. A window title label would help solve this..
Sounds like a good idea, add a feature request for it.

P.S. Feature requests are issue on github.

(2012-03-13, 10:33)hexdotms Wrote: UPDATE: Issue solved by removing the advancedsettings.xml file which was provided to fix the video sync issue with RC1.

I was wondering why the errors in the logs referenced this file, as it's the one I downloaded from this thread in order to fix the AV sync issue. I had not removed it after upgrading to RC2. Once I renamed the file extension so as to cause it not to be loaded, both Movie and TV updated the XBMC database successfully!

I haven't checked for certain but is appears that the xml file you had contained non standard xml comments, the lines like <! somethinginhere > need to be <!-- somethinginhere --> for them you be legal xml comments.

Removing these comments should also have worked.
(2012-03-13, 11:47)DipNFalls Wrote: If I use two different logins and want one trakt account to update from both, I would have sync and clean turned off correct? I cannot get it to work, still syncs to only the current login I am using and deletes everything else out.

Aside from this I am so happy to see where this add-on has come, it is a great social app, I love the website and how everything is tracked and the social media intergration is spot on. Love it all, I tried using this add-on last year and never got it to work, glad I decided to revisit!

Could you please explain what you actually what to use TU for, syncing or scrobbling? Do you have different content on the different logins? How would you like it to work?
(2012-03-14, 17:14)unabatedshagie Wrote: Apologies if this has been asked before but is there any way of stopping the popups that inform you of it starting to scan movies, tv showes etc?

It is planned but not yet implemented.
(2012-03-16, 02:53)wiz561 Wrote: Hi!

I just got started using Trakt and the Trakt Utilities 0.6.4 addon. I'm trying to figure out how to use it. I am using the Aon Flux skin. After watching the movie, a box pops up, but how do I tell which one is chosen? The arrows do something, but it's kind of hard to see if I liked the episode or not.

The other question I have is how can you rate the show if you don't right after you watch it? I read somewhere that you can go into the 'info' section to rate it, but I couldn't see how.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

1. Assuming you re using aon flux, and not Aeon Nox, it has no specific skin fot TU and would be using the default, in the default skin the selected item should fade in and out slowly.
  2. This is currently not possible, but is planned.

(2012-03-12, 20:20)soder Wrote: Can someone please fix an problem with the Swedish show "Äkta människor" aka "Real Humans".

There is info about the show in both english and swedish at thetvdb, but on Trakt.tv there is no connection to "Real Humans" at Trakt.tv, when my XBMC Library plays the show in swedish.

There is an popup telling me that the show can't be found.

How can this be fixed?

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=254367&lid=8
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=254367
http://trakt.tv/show/real-humans

/Söder
I see you have already contacted trakt about this, that is the correct way to go about this.

(2012-03-17, 00:46)lrusak Wrote: Nevermind, I found it. You have to click the zip file :/

That is not the correct link for 0.6.5, that is the link to the current working copy.

The correct link, until we get a proper download link, is
https://github.com/Manromen/script.TraktUtilities/zipball/v0.6.5

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - seuitjai - 2012-03-17

is it possible that the following bug is still not fixed in 0.6.5?

03:09:22 T:139967405352704 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
03:09:22 T:139967405352704 ERROR: Error Contents: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
03:09:22 T:139967405352704 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/seuitjai/.xbmc/addons/Manromen-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6/service.py", line 67, in <module>
autostart()
File "/home/seuitjai/.xbmc/addons/Manromen-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6/service.py", line 44, in autostart
if autosync_cleantvshowcollection: cleanTVShowCollection(True)
File "/home/seuitjai/.xbmc/addons/Manromen-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6/sync_update.py", line 496, in cleanTVShowCollection
tvshows_string += to_unlibrary[i]['title']
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
03:09:22 T:139967369570048 NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: Notification service stopping
03:09:23 T:139967057573632 NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: Scrobbler stopping

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - othrayte - 2012-03-17

(2012-03-17, 04:13)seuitjai Wrote: is it possible that the following bug is still not fixed in 0.6.5?

03:09:22 T:139967405352704 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
03:09:22 T:139967405352704 ERROR: Error Contents: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
03:09:22 T:139967405352704 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/seuitjai/.xbmc/addons/Manromen-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6/service.py", line 67, in <module>
autostart()
File "/home/seuitjai/.xbmc/addons/Manromen-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6/service.py", line 44, in autostart
File "/home/seuitjai/.xbmc/addons/Manromen-script.TraktUtilities-c0654b6/sync_update.py", line 496, in cleanTVShowCollection
03:09:22 T:139967369570048 NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: Notification service stopping
03:09:23 T:139967057573632 NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: Scrobbler stopping

That would appear the case yes, two moments... fixed for then next version. The same error might occur in other places, but I'm unsure, please report if this continues.

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - typhoe - 2012-03-17

Hi,

with the previous git version I was using (othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-v0.6.5-1-ga54a2bb.zip), I was still getting errors with Trakt Utilities:

Code:
12:43:27 T:2945424192   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>                                                                                                          
12:43:27 T:2945424192   ERROR: Error Contents: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects                                                                                    
12:43:27 T:2945424192   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                  
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-a54a2bb/service.py", line 67, in <module>                                
                                                autostart()                                                                                                                        
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-a54a2bb/service.py", line 44, in autostart                                
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-a54a2bb/sync_update.py", line 489, in cleanTVShowCollection              
12:43:27 T:2920278848  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: Scrobbler stopping                                                                                                                
12:43:27 T:2928671552  NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: Notification service stopping

But now, with the latest (othrayte-script.TraktUtilities-v0.6.5-4-gea10805.zip), it seems that Trakt Utilities doesn't crash anymore on parsing my library.

Shows/Movies I had previously seen are marked as "manually watched" after initial scan.

And scrooble also works again!

So thank you for your job!

I'm using Openelec
OpenELEC git: 9ca1a322f5236ee0083914f1f6ff45668a59ff93
XBMC (11.0-RC2 Git:f38655f), Platform: Linux (OpenELEC - Version: devel-20120309125838-r10068, 3.2.9 i686). Built on Mar 9 2012

Regards

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - lrusak - 2012-03-17

I've noticed that Trakt will fail when using profiles and logging off then logging on again. It gives the error "failed to connect to remote communications server"

If I boot from a cold boot and login it will work perfectly

RE: - kluka - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-10, 05:00)othrayte Wrote:
othrayte Wrote:
kluka Wrote:edit: just tested. Resuming an episode still doesn't scrobble and "manually marks seen"
I haven't got to that one yet. But as you have made an impression I'll look into it now, but no promises.

Just implemented it, it will be in whatever version comes after 0.6.5.

do you mean v0.6.5-4-gea10805 ?

edit: because as I tested right now with this build; it still does not work.

(I just saw on the github page that you even have forks... it seems that this software-distribution is a little bit complicated)

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - othrayte - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-17, 23:54)lrusak Wrote: I've noticed that Trakt will fail when using profiles and logging off then logging on again. It gives the error "failed to connect to remote communications server"

If I boot from a cold boot and login it will work perfectly

Thanks for reporting, I'll look into that.
(2012-03-18, 00:54)kluka Wrote:
(2012-03-10, 05:00)othrayte Wrote:
othrayte Wrote:I haven't got to that one yet. But as you have made an impression I'll look into it now, but no promises.

Just implemented it, it will be in whatever version comes after 0.6.5.

do you mean v0.6.5-4-gea10805 ?

edit: because as I tested right now with this build; it still does not work.

(I just saw on the github page that you even have forks... it seems that this software-distribution is a little bit complicated)

I thought it would be in that version, I'll double check and get back to you.

RE: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - hexdotms - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-17, 03:38)othrayte Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 10:33)hexdotms Wrote: UPDATE: Issue solved by removing the advancedsettings.xml file which was provided to fix the video sync issue with RC1.

I was wondering why the errors in the logs referenced this file, as it's the one I downloaded from this thread in order to fix the AV sync issue. I had not removed it after upgrading to RC2. Once I renamed the file extension so as to cause it not to be loaded, both Movie and TV updated the XBMC database successfully!

I haven't checked for certain but is appears that the xml file you had contained non standard xml comments, the lines like <! somethinginhere > need to be <!-- somethinginhere --> for them you be legal xml comments.

Removing these comments should also have worked.

You are correct, the file provided by DDDamian in the post I linked to had invalid comments. (below) However this also means anyone else who implemented the fix using what they thought was a good file will run into this issue. You may want to make note of this in the release notes for the next official to forestall at least some bug reports. Keep up the good work!

Code:
<! Note: basic settings for zeroing global audio delay  >
<! Please merge with your existing advancedsettings.xml >
<!  if you currently use other settings or ignore if    >
<!  you have other settings specific to this feature    >

<advancedsettings>
    <video>
        <!-- Compensate display latency (video lag). Latency is given in msecs. -->
        <latency>

<!-- Global default display latency -->
          <delay>0</delay>
        </latency>
    </video>
</advancedsettings>