Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- Manromen - 2011-06-13

Please enable debug mode and pm me your log - delete your password that the official xbmc addon posts in the log file.

I'll see what I can do. :-)

[Edit]
Try to run the sync by hand also - you said it don't run there too. It's probably another bug.

- Hjord - 2011-06-13

Never mind. It seems to work now.
I get in to the trakt utilities menu.
I'm just going to see how the rate function works Smile

However, i still get the script failed error. But i don't know if it has everything to do with traktu.

I have an idea - maybe you could do, so skinners could integrate some of the funktion into the skin?

- Manromen - 2011-06-13

It's bad if the service.py fails. All startup functions - sync, collection update etc ... depends on it and the rating service depends on it too.
So if it still fails at startup we should fix it.

Skinners can implement their skin to display Recommendations, Watchlist and so on to display the stuff like they want. So they could support trakt utilities to fit in their skin.

In future we may implement functions that needs skin support (like tvtunes does). But not yet.

[Edit]
for example we could implement to set a movie to the watchlist from within your normal movie menu f.e. from the context menu. That would need the skinner to add the button to the context menu and we would have to implement a function they can call.

- Hjord - 2011-06-13

I hope the skinners will implement it ;D

Code:
22:10:25 T:2696 M:1017188352  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:10:25 T:2696 M:1017180160   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.SyntaxError
22:10:25 T:2696 M:1017180160   ERROR: Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Users\\MC\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.TraktUtilities\\service.py', 65, 25, '        except IOError as (errno, strerror):\n'))
22:10:25 T:2696 M:1018638336   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\MC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.TraktUtilities\service.py", line 65
                                                except IOError as (errno, strerror):
                                                                ^
                                            SyntaxError: invalid syntax
22:10:30 T:2304 M:991186944   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
22:10:32 T:3536 M:992096256  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:10:32 T:3148 M:992096256  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

Is this enough?

- Manromen - 2011-06-13

Yeah that should be enough :-D

[Edit]
There seems to be an Error in displaying the error ...

- Manromen - 2011-06-13

Hmmm this part seems to be moved to somewhere else in the currently development state.
You know what... I'll make an Issue and let Othrayte have a look. It's part of the code he wrote. Maybe he knows something more.
Thank you for your Feedback. :-)

- Hjord - 2011-06-13

Manromen Wrote:Hmmm this part seems to be moved to somewhere else in the currently development state.
You know what... I'll make an Issue and let Othrayte have a look. It's part of the code he wrote. Maybe he knows something more.
Thank you for your Feedback. :-)

Np. thanks for the quick answer and the addon Smile

- othrayte - 2011-06-15

Hjord Wrote:Np. thanks for the quick answer and the addon Smile

Ok, I've looked into your log, but based on what I can see there you should not be getting that error, there is nothing wrong with our copy of that file.

What I need you to do is PM me your copy of the file to ascertain what is different.

On the other hand the solution is simply to re-download version v0.5.2, (based on your log you have to be running at least v0.5.0).

Hope I'm helping,

- Hjord - 2011-06-15

othrayte Wrote:Ok, I've looked into your log, but based on what I can see there you should not be getting that error, there is nothing wrong with our copy of that file.

What I need you to do is PM me your copy of the file to ascertain what is different.

On the other hand the solution is simply to re-download version v0.5.2, (based on your log you have to be running at least v0.5.0).

Hope I'm helping,

I have now tried to uninstall and redownload v0.5.2, but i get the same error.
I'm sending you a PM with file.

- othrayte - 2011-06-15

Hjord Wrote:I have now tried to uninstall and redownload v0.5.2, but i get the same error.
I'm sending you a PM with file.

Hmm, nothing wrong with the file, might help to know some more about your setup. You said you are using XBMC march 6th and we know your using Trakt Utilities v0.5.2, but what is the OS etc and is there anything else special about your setup.

After that the only things I can think to try are:
* Try a newer XBMC (Unfortunately I can't get the same one as you to test that specific version for you)
* Try deleting the whole Trakt Utilities folder and installing from scratch (long shot)

Sorry I not sure what's actually wrong.

- Hjord - 2011-06-15

I'm using Windows 7 32bit. Don't know what else could matter.
I actually still have the setup for the nightly from march 6, if it could help.

I shortly tried a newer version of XBMC a couple of weeks ago, but i couldnt find the trakt plugin in the rep, so i went back.

- Hjord - 2011-06-15

I'm now using XBMC from march 8.
I don't get the error anymore - and everything seems to work.

But at the end of a episode, i get no rate possibility.

I don't know if it has anything to do with skin error
Code:
13:07:51 T:3608 M:925585408   ERROR: C:\Users\MC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.TraktUtilities\utilities.py:22: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha
13:07:51 T:320 M:926355456   ERROR: C:\Users\MC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.2\resources\utils\version2.py:11: DeprecationWarning: os.getcwd() currently lies to you so please use addon.getAddonInfo('path') to find the script's root directory and DO NOT make relative path accesses based on the results of 'os.getcwd.'
                                              SkinPath = os.path.dirname(os.path.dirname(os.getcwd()))
13:07:52 T:3612 M:909336576  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

At the end, there is also this.

Code:
13:30:50 T:1604 M:899768320  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:30:50 T:1604 M:899325952   ERROR: C:\Users\MC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.TraktUtilities\utilities.py:22: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha

- othrayte - 2011-06-15

Hjord Wrote:I'm now using XBMC from march 8.
I don't get the error anymore - and everything seems to work.

But at the end of a episode, i get no rate possibility.

I don't know if it has anything to do with skin error
Code:
13:07:51 T:3608 M:925585408   ERROR: C:\Users\MC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.TraktUtilities\utilities.py:22: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha
13:07:51 T:320 M:926355456   ERROR: C:\Users\MC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.2\resources\utils\version2.py:11: DeprecationWarning: os.getcwd() currently lies to you so please use addon.getAddonInfo('path') to find the script's root directory and DO NOT make relative path accesses based on the results of 'os.getcwd.'
                                              SkinPath = os.path.dirname(os.path.dirname(os.getcwd()))
13:07:52 T:3612 M:909336576  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

At the end, there is also this.

Code:
13:30:50 T:1604 M:899768320  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:30:50 T:1604 M:899325952   ERROR: C:\Users\MC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.TraktUtilities\utilities.py:22: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha

No those warnings are quite normal, we should fix them, but they don't break anything. If you want to upload the whole log (minus your trakt password) I'll read through it and should be able to tell you what is going on.

[Edit]: on second take, I don't think you mean march, do you. And the rating system is broken in XBMC builds less than about a week old, we have already fixed this upstream and v0.6.0 should be out within the week.

- Hjord - 2011-06-15

Your right. I mean, may 8. xD

But thats good then, its not an error your not aware of Smile

- othrayte - 2011-06-15

Hjord Wrote:Your right. I mean, may 8. xD

But thats good then, its not an error your not aware of Smile

Except that your version is more than a week old, so it should still work, it wouldn't be that error that we've fixed, and what is the reason you are using such old builds of XBMC, latest is 6-15 and I'm currently testing my work on v0.6.0 against 6-14.

I suggest you upload xbmc's log file (after removing your trakt password) so that I can check for anything unusual.