Kodi Community Forum
TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=98652)

Pages: 1 2 3

TV Guide - ShizzlePDX503 - 2011-04-06

What addon do I need to have installed for the TV Guide to work? Right now it is just blank.

- adytum - 2011-04-06

You probably need to enter it and hit refresh.

- tcman47 - 2011-04-06

when at the tv guide page of the main menu, hit the enter key, you will now see options for home, refresh, etc, hit the refresh key, you will now see any tv shows scheduled for the upcoming week for any tv shows you have imported into xbmc and are scheduled to air.

TC Nod

- rflores2323 - 2011-04-06

on my atv2 everytime I enter the tv guide its blank and I have to refresh the data to get it to come back by going to home and then going back in. Is there a way to auto update the tv guide? that would make it nice so that the week is always current and we wouldnt have to refresh each time.

- igotdvds - 2011-04-06

rflores2323 Wrote:on my atv2 everytime I enter the tv guide its blank and I have to refresh the data to get it to come back by going to home and then going back in. Is there a way to auto update the tv guide? that would make it nice so that the week is always current and we wouldnt have to refresh each time.

If it works like Simplicity ( I think it does ), it does automatically refresh every 24hrs. You should never have to go in, then back out, then go back.

- LoL - 2011-04-06

Is there also a way to have automatically start when i startup xbmc, so I don't have to hit "Refresh"?

Thx!

Ps: best skin!!! Wink

- stoli - 2011-04-06

LoL Wrote:Is there also a way to have automatically start when i startup xbmc, so I don't have to hit "Refresh"?

Thx!

Ps: best skin!!! Wink

I have it doing this via autoexec.py. I'll post the exact syntax when I get home this evening.

- ppic - 2011-04-06

to automaticcaly start what?

the script is launched by the skin at start.

- stoli - 2011-04-06

ppic Wrote:to automaticcaly start what?

the script is launched by the skin at start.

It doesn't always refresh properly though...

- ppic - 2011-04-06

what do you mean ?

if you have it in statup.xml it will be launched at start, refresh data if nedeed, then push properties.

- mwkurt - 2011-04-09

I seem to be having a problem with the TV Guide as well. I have a listing of the days but underneath, there is nothing but a black screen. I have tried pushing refresh, and nothing happens. Could someone help?

I figured it out. Had to start the TV Show-Next Aired script.

Thanks,
Mark

- stoli - 2011-04-10

mwkurt Wrote:I seem to be having a problem with the TV Guide as well. I have a listing of the days but underneath, there is nothing but a black screen. I have tried pushing refresh, and nothing happens. Could someone help?

I figured it out. Had to start the TV Show-Next Aired script.

Thanks,
Mark

With today's svn update it should get updated with every start of xbmc.

- adytum - 2011-04-17

Two things:

When entering the TV guide, and browsing through the days, the items seem to use posters instead of banners, seeing how they're either stretched or completely blank. However, when selecting one of the days, everything is fine and the banners show correctly. I don't have "posters instead of banners" enabled. Using the latest SVN.

I'd also like to suggest the possibility to put "previous episode" somewhere in there, it'd be a nice way to make sure I'm keeping up with all the shows without checking my library! Also, I'm not sure how feasible it is, but if something similar to the TVRage Eps addon functionality could be included; where you can select a show and a short synopsis appears, I think the feature would be perfect!

Thanks

- stoli - 2011-04-17

adytum Wrote:Two things:

When entering the TV guide, and browsing through the days, the items seem to use posters instead of banners, seeing how they're either stretched or completely blank. However, when selecting one of the days, everything is fine and the banners show correctly. I don't have "posters instead of banners" enabled. Using the latest SVN.

Turn on Use Banners in Settings > Skin > Movies/TV

Quote:I'd also like to suggest the possibility to put "previous episode" somewhere in there, it'd be a nice way to make sure I'm keeping up with all the shows without checking my library! Also, I'm not sure how feasible it is, but if something similar to the TVRage Eps addon functionality could be included; where you can select a show and a short synopsis appears, I think the feature would be perfect!

Thanks

Seeing as how this is igotdvd's work from Simplicity, I'm not sure I will do much more than what he has already done. Time will tell.

- adytum - 2011-04-17

As mentioned, I have banners enabled, and they show up everywhere except this exact screen.