Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- sialivi - 2011-09-02

* deleted *

- bsoriano - 2011-09-02

Amra,

Thank you!!!! This is great! I will be trying it out as soon as I get home from work.

Kind regards,

Bart

- Shinu - 2011-09-02

OMFG!!!! An alpha's been out a whole day, and I'm only now downloading!!??!!

*punches self in the face*

Now that outta the way, I works great thus far. I post any bugs or missing features later today. I can really see this skin going down as one of the best for XBMC. BTW, it works great on the nightly builds.

- Amra - 2011-09-02

Shinu Wrote:OMFG!!!! An alpha's been out a whole day, and I'm only now downloading!!??!!

*punches self in the face*

Now that outta the way, I works great thus far. I post any bugs or missing features later today. I can really see this skin going down as one of the best for XBMC. BTW, it works great on the nightly builds.
Yeah, I kinda snuck the Alpha out when no one was looking. Laugh There are some issues with Metropolis on Eden. If you look back thru the last day for Rygrath's posts he has listed a couple so far. After I get this to v1.00 I will be updating it to Eden.

@bsoriano
Thank you & I hope it works well for you. In case you or anyone else missed it, please remember that the Music & Pictures sections are not finished in the Alpha release. they will be my big items in the next release.

@sialivi (and anyone else who wants a different Trailers image)
How about one of these two? Personally, I think I like the popcorn one the best.

- sialivi - 2011-09-02

@Amra

I like both of them so either one is fine with me. Smile

- Aenima99x - 2011-09-02

@Amra - Absolutely stunning. Been waiting for this to be released. I was just preparing to start on a skin again myself, but now no need to...thanks a lot. Laugh I probably wouldn't have made much progress in the near future since my son is going to be born next week. So my girlfriend and kids thank you haha.

Couple quick requests that i'd love to see integrated in the skin -
  • weather conditions fanart available on the home screen when weather is selected
  • Support for the Weather+
  • Support for TV Tunes
  • Integration of TV Show Next Aired script and/or TV Guide
Thanks!

- Rygrath - 2011-09-02

Aenima99x Wrote:@Amra - Absolutely stunning. Been waiting for this to be released. I was just preparing to start on a skin again myself, but now no need to...thanks a lot. Laugh I probably wouldn't have made much progress in the near future since my son is going to be born next week. So my girlfriend and kids thank you haha.

Couple quick requests that i'd love to see integrated in the skin -

weather conditions fanart available on the home screen when weather is selected

Thanks!

Weather conditions fanart is already available. Enable it in the skin settings.
Home Options -> "Show Current Weather Conditions"

You can put in your Weather Fanart Pack in the
"\skin.metropolis\extras\weather" folder
Either overwrite what's in there, or as I did, rename the current Weather folder to Weather-old and replace with new pack.

Currently it looks to be hardcoded to find the weather fanart there. Maybe in the future this may be a configurable choice? For now though, I put my fanart pack in there and it displays correctly.

- Aenima99x - 2011-09-02

Rygrath Wrote:Weather conditions fanart is already available. Enable it in the skin settings.
Home Options -> "Show Current Weather Conditions"

You can put in your Weather Fanart Pack in the
"\skin.metropolis\extras\weather" folder
Either overwrite what's in there, or as I did, rename the current Weather folder to Weather-old and replace with new pack.

Currently it looks to be hardcoded to find the weather fanart there. Maybe in the future this may be a configurable choice? For now though, I put my fanart pack in there and it displays correctly.

:o DOH! Totally missed it. Thanks.

- Shinu - 2011-09-03

I'm sorry, but this is just too much sexy for one skin. It's just sooo polished Amra. Excellent work. Been waiting for so long for a new toy to play with. So far this and Aeon Nox are the only 2 skins that appeal to me esthetically. Again, Excellent job.

Aenima99x Wrote:Couple quick requests that i'd love to see integrated in the skin -
  • weather conditions fanart available on the home screen when weather is selected
  • Support for the Weather+
  • Support for TV Tunes
  • Integration of TV Show Next Aired script and/or TV Guide

I too would love to see these integrated. Especially TV Tunes. Silence makes me nervous Confused Laugh Animated weather icons would also look great in this skin (not sure if can get them, but they would look nice).

I have other suggestions/requests....

1. Maybe an option to switch between vertical and horizontal scrolling in certain view. Namely the Gallery views?

2. A Fanart Poster (variation on Fanart Banner) view would fit nicely for the Movies section.

3. I would LOVE to an option to use logos or clearart in the tv show info screen (Logos mainly. Clearart sucks. lol). Also, season and episode number info is need among other things in this view. But then again, it's in an Alpha stage so that's understandable. I made a quick mockup of how I'd imagine the infoscreen looking....

Episode name at the top, with series name and season/episode number below. I threw in the logo too for good measure. Big Grin Oh, and also, the "current time" isn't shown here. You can maybe have the skin cycle between current and finish ever few seconds.

4. And my biggest request, as I asked about some posts back, is about custom homescreen items. I know you already said you'd look into it, but it wanted to mention it anyway :o

5. Have you considered a third homescreen option using the fanart view? When I first saw it, I thought to myself that it would look great there. I did another mockup along with some additions so u can see what it looks like....

Hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts. I really wasn't kidding when I said I had found a new toy. lol

- master345 - 2011-09-03

Shinu's tv show info screen mockup is a definite win. Please implement this if you feel the skin would benefit.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-03

@ Shinu: you really have a talent for mockups Big Grin

- Shinu - 2011-09-03

Big_Noid Wrote:@ Shinu: you really have a talent for mockups Big Grin

lol thanx. i like ppl to have a visual of my ideas rather than simply explaining them.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-03

Shinu Wrote:lol thanx. i like ppl to have a visual of my ideas rather than simply explaining them.

If i'm ever gonna design a skin from the ground up I want you in my team Wink

- Shinu - 2011-09-03

Big_Noid Wrote:If i'm ever gonna design a skin from the ground up I want you in my team Wink

Great! I'm game! Big Grin

- Bkam - 2011-09-03

one thing i miss is the clock in the OSD , want to be able to se current time when i am watching a movie. Or have i missed something?
and i like what Shinu said about

Quote:3. I would LOVE to an option to use logos or clearart in the tv show info screen (Logos mainly. Clearart sucks. lol). Also, season and episode number info is need among other things in this view. But then again, it's in an Alpha stage so that's understandable. I made a quick mockup of how I'd imagine the infoscreen looking....