Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- bluedevil229 - 2011-10-01

Looks great so far.

Any plans to add playlist support on the home screen?

I use that alot for kids movies.

Crossroad? - Amra - 2011-10-03

I'm going to post this here to help get a feeling of what needs to be done with Metropolis.

Since releasing the Alpha, my time available to work on it (due to many reasons) has almost become non-existent. If left to my own devices, I will finish Metropolis eventually but that may take longer than I, or anyone else, would like.

So... I ask the following questions (a poll, if you will):

1). In light of the recent Eden soft freeze, should Metropolis continue being developed for Dharma? Or should it just be switched to Eden in hopes of a v1.00 release coinciding with the release of Eden?

2). In an effort to speed up Metropolis development, is there a very bored XBMC skinner out there, looking for something to do, Big Grin who would like to help finish up Metropolis? Most of the groundwork has been laid for Metropolis and you can see the Roadmap in Post#2.

I do NOT want Metropolis to become just another dead skin so please feel free to post your thoughts & opinions here or PM me if you want.

Thanks.

- sialivi - 2011-10-03

1) I vote for making Eden the primary focus. It's not really a big issue though since there are only like 3 known issues with using Metropolis with Eden and two of those already have workarounds or fixes available in this thread. And none of those issues are serious.

- tuckbodi - 2011-10-03

On my ATV1 and ATV2 I have been on pre-Eden for quite some time, so selfishly I would like to see an Eden version sooner than later. Really, the improvements within Eden (dirty regions, NFS, AFP, etc.) are so vast, I'm surprised more people aren't taking the jump.

I also have to reiterate my thoughts on what a nice skin this is, and even though it needs more to be done on it, it really has become one of my favorite skins. I do hope you find the time to continue to work on it and/or some other skinner(s) jump in to help. This to me is one of the cleanest skins out there.

- bandelguy - 2011-10-03

IMHO, There's lack of skinners having good spare time. A lot of good skin concepts have not materialised for want of a skinner having free time to finish a project.

- bsoriano - 2011-10-03

Amra,

By far this is my favorite skin! I hope that you can continue to develop it or that other skinners can help out. I am on Dharma, but if this skin is from now on only going to be developed for Eden, I will switch.

Regards,

Bart

- master345 - 2011-10-04

You must do what you feel is right. Eventually ALL will be on Eden.

I started on Eden but jumped back to Dharma as I couldn't stand the lock ups and other issues of an unstable build.

I would suggest working up to v1.00 of the skin and continuing in Dharma for those Dharma people who love your skin and still use it.

Don't leave us hanging on an alpha build lol!

Eden people can still use your skin up to this point anyway with a few hotfixes. At least you can leave the Dharma people with a feature rich and fully functioning skin if they need it. (from your roadmap todo by v1)

Anything after v1.00 can be for Eden only so the Dharma people can enjoy the limits of their build's features with Metropolis and you can move forward with Metropolis Eden v1+

Thanks for reading.

- htpc guy - 2011-10-04

Go with Eden. It should be released within the next couple of months and the majority of forum users will switch then. Don't feel that you need get every little thing added in there. Focus your priorities on the core of the skin. Add in custom home menu items, a few more views for addons and then release the unpackaged textures. The community will do the rest. Its a great skin and will not die.

- espengaasemyr - 2011-10-04

htpc guy Wrote:Go with Eden. It should be released within the next couple of months and the majority of forum users will switch then. Don't feel that you need get every little thing added in there. Focus your priorities on the core of the skin. Add in custom home menu items, a few more views for addons and then release the unpackaged textures. The community will do the rest. Its a great skin and will not die.

+1

- sialivi - 2011-10-04

@Amra
Quote:Try to tweak code for better consistency of duration text. "Min" vs "min" vs "mins". May actually be due to scraper info.

Here's a tiny fix for the duration inconsistency. Row 244 in Viewtype_LowList.xml isn't localized:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, mins]</label>
...instead of the intended:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, $LOCALIZE[31299]]</label>

Personally I think the duration looks better in lowercase though, so I changed all 15 occurances to:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, [LOWERCASE]$LOCALIZE[31299][/LOWERCASE]]</label>

- sialivi - 2011-10-05

@Amra
Quote:Fix missing toasts when toggling subtitles on/off, or switching between subtitle tracks.

Here's a fix for this: Line 14 In DialogKaiToast.xml, change

Code:
<visible>!Window.IsActive(2006) + !VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen</visible>

...to

Code:
<visible>!Window.IsActive(2006)</visible>

- deh2k7 - 2011-10-10

htpc guy Wrote:Go with Eden. It should be released within the next couple of months and the majority of forum users will switch then. Don't feel that you need get every little thing added in there. Focus your priorities on the core of the skin. Add in custom home menu items, a few more views for addons and then release the unpackaged textures. The community will do the rest. Its a great skin and will not die.

I vote for Eden as well. Metropolis is outstanding and I would like to see it continue to live on.

- Baswazz - 2011-10-10

Really amazing skin.
Everything looks nice and clean a really comfortable mediacenter look. I use it as my default from now. Smile

There are two things:
I miss trailer button in the 'show movie information' menu.
And the description font size is little to small on 32inch screens.

- nistuf - 2011-10-16

Skin looks great! I love the vertical banner home style.

I found a bug, when playing music the now playing info shows in the lower bar.
When in the home menu, this info crosses the drop down info from the menu items (movies/tv shows etc.)
*edit: it also crosses the info in other screens when movie or episode info shows up.

Is it possible to add another music view? I like the info wall type of view from aeon nox e.g.

Keep up the good work! Smile

- bakes82 - 2011-10-17

Can someone upload a version that has all the modifications made for Eden?