Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- sialivi - 2011-10-17

@Amra, two more tiny fixes

Vertical Scroll Nub Cropped:
Includes.xml, line 1107, change the value from 18 to 22

Horizontal Scroll Nub Cropped:
Includes.xml, line 1086, change the value from 540 to 534
Includes.xml, line 1088, change the value from 18 to 30

- TerranQ - 2011-10-19

One thing that's bugging me that I hope someone has a fix for. I'm running the latest nightly, and in TV shows, in the logo view, whatever show I'm currently on when scrolling has no logo showing. It's kind of annoying. Does anyone know the fix?

- butchabay - 2011-10-19

TerranQ Wrote:One thing that's bugging me that I hope someone has a fix for. I'm running the latest nightly, and in TV shows, in the logo view, whatever show I'm currently on when scrolling has no logo showing. It's kind of annoying. Does anyone know the fix?

In the first post it's specified " dharma only " ...

- cainecollin - 2011-10-19

TerranQ Wrote:One thing that's bugging me that I hope someone has a fix for. I'm running the latest nightly, and in TV shows, in the logo view, whatever show I'm currently on when scrolling has no logo showing. It's kind of annoying. Does anyone know the fix?

butchabay Wrote:In the first post it's specified " dharma only " ...

It is for Dharma but one of the many updates that can be found by scrollin through the actual forum (there are many slight updates so I would say scan through for some nifty changes) was the Logo.png not working correctly: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=878250&postcount=110

- Baswazz - 2011-10-21

I found something what is causing overlapping:

when i play some music with 'Show recently added/Random items turned' on it is overlapping each other.

Also i turned on ' Show current weather conditions' but when i deselect it is still on my home-screen.

- sialivi - 2011-10-24

@Amra
Another tiny fix,

The content/scraper settings dialog is placed too far down on the screen, making it overlap the image and the temperature and day in the lower right corner.

The Fix:
DialogContentSettings.xml, line 8, change y to 30

- wimpy - 2011-10-28

Great skin!

One personal request is: Ability to put playlists directly on the home menu (or on submenu for respective mediatypes (tv,movies,music)). Instead of having to have Videos -> Playlists.

This is mostly wanted on my behalf as I'm a heavy user of playlists, but I do think others might see the benefit as well.

- xbs08 - 2011-10-28

wimpy Wrote:Great skin!

One personal request is: Ability to put playlists directly on the home menu (or on submenu for respective mediatypes (tv,movies,music)). Instead of having to have Videos -> Playlists.

This is mostly wanted on my behalf as I'm a heavy user of playlists, but I do think others might see the benefit as well.

+1

- Aenima99x - 2011-11-07

Amra are you still planning on doing any updates on this skin?

- rj89 - 2011-11-07

+1

for nightly skin update

- voidy - 2011-11-14

im wondering if there is anyone around here that can help me out with what seems to me as a minor mod Big Grin (and i have in no way any knowledge in skinning so it might be ALOT harder then i think it is)

as soon as i saw a preview for this skin i fell in love and been using it since the moment it was available. Thanks again Amra for your awesome work.

now for the thing im interested in i love the HD icon/flag from the carmichael skin here is a screenshot showing the HD icon/flag

i would <3 it if someone could add it on this Metropolis skin, as a mod or if it is realy realy simple explain me how to do it myself.

thanks in advance

- TerranQ - 2011-11-14

Aenima99x Wrote:Amra are you still planning on doing any updates on this skin?

I'm hoping it's kept up, because this is my default skin. So slick looking, but so fast and smooth with great views. Excellent work Amra!

- Aenima99x - 2011-11-14

TerranQ Wrote:I'm hoping it's kept up, because this is my default skin. So slick looking, but so fast and smooth with great views. Excellent work Amra!
It's my default too. I've already started on a mod of it, but I'm kind of waiting to see if Amra is going to keep up development before I start making a lot of changes. I'm really surprised this skin isn't seeing more interest, it's really smooth and well designed.

- TerranQ - 2011-11-14

Aenima99x Wrote:It's my default too. I've already started on a mod of it, but I'm kind of waiting to see if Amra is going to keep up development before I start making a lot of changes. I'm really surprised this skin isn't seeing more interest, it's really smooth and well designed.

Cool, what kind of mods? I'd be interested in checking it out

- Aenima99x - 2011-11-14

TerranQ Wrote:Cool, what kind of mods? I'd be interested in checking it out

Not a whole lot of actual mods yet....I just put in all the fixes that Sialivi & Rygrath had mentioned throughout the thread and added in TV Tunes and Weather+ support. I'm working on adding the time into the OSD now....then not sure what next. If you've got ideas/suggestions, let me know.