Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- homerjs - 2011-12-23

Does anybody know where the atv2 caches the clearart? I want to change a clearart image for a specific tv show but when I replace the old with the new it keeps the old.
Thanks

- Martijn - 2011-12-23

homerjs Wrote:Does anybody know where the atv2 caches the clearart? I want to change a clearart image for a specific tv show but when I replace the old with the new it keeps the old.
Thanks

That is very hard to find. Just wait 24 hours and it should be re-cached to the new ones. Until there's a better and easier solution found

- homerjs - 2011-12-24

thanks, and 24 hours later it has changed.. thanks, appreciated

- homerjs - 2011-12-24

On the main menu ...using the ICON HOME LAYOUT , is there a way to hide the submenu items...ie Movies >> Genres/Years/Actors ?

The Home screen here seems to lag when scrolling between items...however on any other section ie the Settings menu, all the options here VIDEO/APPEARANCE/METROPLOIS... scroll seems very fast, not sure why the main menu has a bit of a lag...figured disabling the submenu's may help

- zepfan - 2011-12-24

homerjs Wrote:On the main menu ...using the ICON HOME LAYOUT , is there a way to hide the submenu items...ie Movies >> Genres/Years/Actors ?

I'm working on that. I told stoli I'd help him, but I'm having to lean how to do everything from scratch so it's taking me a little while.

- sialivi - 2011-12-24

I'm playing around with reworking the album info dialog (since the current one is just a copy from alaska) and have a newbie skinning question: On the info page for movies there are a number of vertical and horizontal lines around various labels... I can't find where these lines come from. Can someone point me in the right direction?

- Amra - 2011-12-24

sialivi Wrote:I'm playing around with reworking the album info dialog (since the current one is just a copy from alaska) and have a newbie skinning question: On the info page for movies there are a number of vertical and horizontal lines around various labels... I can't find where these lines come from. Can someone point me in the right direction?
In the "Includes.xml" search for "Object_MovieInfoLines" and you should find the following code:

Code:
<include name="Object_MovieInfoLines">
        <control type="group">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
            <include>Animation_FadedByMenu</include>
            <visible>Window.IsActive(movieinformation)</visible>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>27</posx>
                <posy>55</posy>
                <width>1226</width>
                <height>2</height>
                <texture>VideoInfoLine.png</texture>
                <colordiffuse>InfoLines</colordiffuse>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>27</posx>
                <posy>91</posy>
                <width>856</width>
                <height>2</height>
                <texture>VideoInfoLine2.png</texture>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>336</posx>
                <posy>130</posy>
                <width>547</width>
                <height>2</height>
                <texture>VideoInfoLine3.png</texture>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>336</posx>
                <posy>484</posy>
                <width>547</width>
                <height>2</height>
                <texture>VideoInfoLine3.png</texture>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>884</posx>
                <posy>283</posy>
                <width>375</width>
                <height>2</height>
                <texture flipx="true">VideoInfoLine2.png</texture>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>335</posx>
                <posy>92</posy>
                <width>2</width>
                <height>445</height>
                <texture>VideoInfoLine_Vertical2.png</texture>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>883</posx>
                <posy>57</posy>
                <width>2</width>
                <height>478</height>
                <texture>VideoInfoLine_Vertical2.png</texture>
            </control>
        </control>
    </include>

Hope that helps.

- stoli - 2011-12-24

sialivi Wrote:I'm playing around with reworking the album info dialog (since the current one is just a copy from alaska) and have a newbie skinning question: On the info page for movies there are a number of vertical and horizontal lines around various labels... I can't find where these lines come from. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I've already pushed an update for album info last week with some minor fixes - make sure you are working from that...

- homerjs - 2011-12-25

How do you set music to shuffle? Cant seem to find it when playing music...using atv2.. thanks

- sialivi - 2011-12-25

Amra Wrote:Hope that helps.

It did. Much appreciated.

stoli Wrote:I've already pushed an update for album info last week with some minor fixes - make sure you are working from that...

I am. Got it to about 75% but couldn't quite get it finished just yet, too many knowledge gaps. So I'm taking a break from it and am trying to convert alaska revisiteds panel square viewtype. Only music for now and it's still a bit rough around the edges but it's getting there. Someone who actually knows what they're doing might have to put the finishing touches on it though since I'm a total newbie.

- homerjs - 2011-12-26

I see that there is an update available for eden.. is this new since the eden release? If so what changes have been implemented?
thanks

- stoli - 2011-12-26

homerjs Wrote:I see that there is an update available for eden.. is this new since the eden release? If so what changes have been implemented?
thanks

It's updated regularly: https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/blob/master/changelog.txt

- tcman47 - 2011-12-26

Installed xbmc eden beta, saw the metropolis skin on add-ons, wow, this skin is freaking awesome, i have tried them all and this is my fav.

Noticed the weather temp is missing on the homepage until i go into weather, then when i come back to homepage, weather temp is there until i restart xbmc and then the same thing happens.

Also noticed that even though I have 800 music albums which metropolis reports correctly when I am in the music albums page, back at the home page via totals it reports only 742 albums, whats with that?

Bunch of Metropolis Screenies I took : http://home.xnet.com/~tclark/XBMC%20Metroplis%20Skin/

TC Big Grin

- homerjs - 2011-12-26

I too noticed that the weather doesn't auto update..
Also still not sure how to enable shuffle for music
Best skin available though, this makes XBMC even better

- stoli - 2011-12-26

homerjs Wrote:I too noticed that the weather doesn't auto update..
Also still not sure how to enable shuffle for music
Best skin available though, this makes XBMC even better

Weather should be fixed.

There are still quite a few dialogs and views to be updated/fixed/created. Keep in mind it's still alpha and not an official release yet.