Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- mach170 - 2012-01-24

stoli Wrote:A skin cannot do anything like that - it cannot interact with the OS.

Yeah, I know. I have no idea what happened, but XBMC locked up, then went black. I closed it and re-opened it and only the text was showing with a black screen. I checked the 'addons' folder and the entire skin.metropolis.svn folder was gone.

Still not sure how that happened. Must be a weird bug in XBMC somewhere. I was using the Commander iPad app at the time.

- jhusch - 2012-01-26

stoli Wrote:A skin cannot do anything like that - it cannot interact with the OS.

Stoli, The closest I have come to replicating this is that during a Skin update once the Skin (Metropolis in this case) has finished downloading and begins to apply itself XBMC will go black.

Sometimes the skin recovers, but other times it seems to lock (or my patience runs out) and I have to alt+F4 out.

When I restart XBMC the skin is set back to the default and Metro is not in the list of enabled skins. I actually have to go to add-ons, skin, metro chose Install and then the skin is re-added and applied.

The absolute next time this happens I will pastebin my log.

- mach170 - 2012-01-26

jhusch Wrote:Stoli, The closest I have come to replicating this is that during a Skin update once the Skin (Metropolis in this case) has finished downloading and begins to apply itself XBMC will go black.

Sometimes the skin recovers, but other times it seems to lock (or my patience runs out) and I have to alt+F4 out.

When I restart XBMC the skin is set back to the default and Metro is not in the list of enabled skins. I actually have to go to add-ons, skin, metro chose Install and then the skin is re-added and applied.

Well at least I'm not the only one this has happened to. It may have been from a skin update, but I don't remember it showing the skin updating at the time. I'll have to pay more attention next time.

- AllisterFiend - 2012-01-26

jhusch Wrote:Stoli, The closest I have come to replicating this is that during a Skin update once the Skin (Metropolis in this case) has finished downloading and begins to apply itself XBMC will go black.

This has happened to me also. Not sure if it skin related or something with Eden Beta 2.

- homerjs - 2012-01-27

AllisterFiend Wrote:This has happened to me also. Not sure if it skin related or something with Eden Beta 2.

and has also happened to me on my ATV2

- protocol77 - 2012-01-28

i came here to request a exit xbmc button on the shutdown options and after reading these comments i to had the black screen problem since that happen i found metropolis not saving my views i set my season level to List view then went into episodes view and changed that to fanart view when i went back it had changed back to low list view on season level so went back to episodes again and it too had reverted back to default view

not sure why this is happening

- Aenima99x - 2012-01-28

protocol77 Wrote:i came here to request a exit xbmc button on the shutdown options and after reading these comments i to had the black screen problem since that happen i found metropolis not saving my views i set my season level to List view then went into episodes view and changed that to fanart view when i went back it had changed back to low list view on season level so went back to episodes again and it too had reverted back to default view
Adding another "happening to me" as well

- karandras24 - 2012-01-28

protocol77 Wrote:i came here to request a exit xbmc button on the shutdown options

There is already one on the shutdown options on metropolis. Go to shutdown and then press right once.

It goes set timer, suspend, hibernate, restart, shutdown, Exit.

So far the black screen hasn't happened to me yet (runs to touch a wooden table).

- jabba_29 - 2012-01-28

Happened to me today, can't get it back. Files were updated a 15:53 EET and metropolis is unusable :-(

Only errors I saw were related to fonts to loading, but I get totally black with a few images somewhere. I wasn't in the room when things bombed but noticed that the stream I was (not) watching video's froze with audio still going. Couldn't get things to reset so I got black when exiting the plugin, then rebooted and still no change.

- homerjs - 2012-01-29

Same here, picture freezes, audio continues.... press back button get to main screen ... cant exit...I unplug my ATV2 .... reboots...launch XBMC ..back to Metropolis. Never happened until the 13##...... update
Still lovin Metropolis though

- stoli - 2012-01-29

I can't reproduce the issue, but have added a "Reset to Defaults" in the Settings > Metropolis > Debug section that may help.

- stoli - 2012-01-30

Music Vis with Logo:

Without Logo:

still in progress...

- homerjs - 2012-01-30

stoli Wrote:I can't reproduce the issue, but have added a "Reset to Defaults" in the Settings > Metropolis > Debug section that may help.

when this happens I am am to hit the back button to go to main menu but unable to select any options so cant get into reset all. How can I grab a debug log, keeps happening and am sure it will happen again

- homerjs - 2012-01-30

not sure if this means anything or helps, think this is part of debug before reset:

21:57:06 T:113737728 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame
21:57:06 T:92540928 NOTICE: Deleting audio codec
21:57:06 T:92540928 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: closing video stream
21:57:06 T:92540928 NOTICE: Closing video stream
21:57:06 T:92540928 NOTICE: waiting for video thread to exit
21:57:06 T:113737728 NOTICE: thread end: video_thread
21:57:06 T:92540928 NOTICE: deleting video codec
21:57:07 T:92540928 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting demuxer
21:57:07 T:92540928 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
21:57:07 T:110424064 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
21:57:07 T:110424064 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: Window_OpenClose_Animation
21:57:07 T:110424064 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 3

- stoli - 2012-01-30

In settings enable debugging, reset the skin settings and reproduce the issue. Then post the entire log to pastebin. Then see if you can reproduce it in Confluence.