Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- bandelguy - 2012-02-03

quebert Wrote:My resolution's 1920x1200, the cdart looks perfect in visualizer mode mode. I searched the xml's for any containing the text cdart but didn't find anything I changed in the files that made any difference.

customsettings
musicvisulisation
include_musicoverlay
includes_musicoverlay

I managed to change the size of the cd in the visualizer screen, but can't figure out how to alter the main menu/music menu one.

The cdart is showing round only in the visualisation screen, but in other views the cdart doesn't appear round.

Also I have set the path to my music library in the metropolis settings - music settings. But only logos stored as following are shown in the music visualizer: Artist folder containing both Album folder & Logo.png

I have the following Music Library structure:
Album folder & Artist Folder(containing artist logo png) are stored separatelyin the music library folder, and therefore those logos are not coming up on the visualization screen.

- stoli - 2012-02-03

bandelguy Wrote:The cdart is showing round only in the visualisation screen, but in other views the cdart doesn't appear round.

Post a screen shot please

bandelguy Wrote:Also I have set the path to my music library in the metropolis settings - music settings. But only logos stored as following are shown in the music visualizer: Artist folder containing both Album folder & Logo.png

I have the following Music Library structure:
Album folder & Artist Folder(containing artist logo png) are stored separatelyin the music library folder, and therefore those logos are not coming up on the visualization screen.

That's a rather abnormal setup. This skin only supports:

Artist\logo.png
Artist\Album\cdart.png

Regards,

- quebert - 2012-02-03

stoli Wrote:Post a screen shot please

It's hard to see in screen shots, but it looks like an egg rotating. here's 2 screen shots I took.

- Malexx - 2012-02-03

are there plans to include the watchlist script?

- stoli - 2012-02-03

Malexx Wrote:are there plans to include the watchlist script?

yep.

- sialivi - 2012-02-04

quebert Wrote:It's hard to see in screen shots, but it looks like an egg rotating. here's 2 screen shots I took.

Looks like you're using a 16:10 aspect ratio, maybe that's why?

- quebert - 2012-02-04

sialivi Wrote:Looks like you're using a 16:10 aspect ratio, maybe that's why?

Yeah I'm @ 16:10, but cdart looks perfect in visualizer mode, it's only lop sided on the main & music menus. So I'm wondering what I need to edit in the XML to fix this. I figured it would be simple but I can't even find which XML to edit. I looked for every reference to cdart in all the XML's, I was able to change the visualizer one, but the only other 2 files I found containing cdart code when I change the image dimensions and reload XBMC it still looks exactly the same. So I'm obviously not editing the correct code.

*EDIT* well damn, I set my resolution to 16:9 and it looks perfect on all 3 screens now. I guess since movies are 16:9 and the skin looks the same there's no reason to not run XBMC @ 16:9, thanks for giving me the idea. To anyone else having this problem, go into settings, system and change the resolution 1 notch down to 1920x1080.

- Shinu - 2012-02-04

so ummm....

Shinu Wrote:any plans to implement tvtunes anytime soon?

- MindTooth - 2012-02-04

All I can truly say, is that I just fucking love this skin! Has put a lot of joy back into using XBMC Big Grin

- stoli - 2012-02-05

Shaggyfort1e Wrote:Might have found another bug that I don't think has been mentioned.

Whenever I stream music to XBMC through airplay, the bottom menu bar does not go away during the full screen visualizer.

This is fixed along with some tweaks to the viz:

Also added a slim version of the seekbar/pause screen for videos. This can be enabled in settings

@Amra - if you are still lurking, where did you get the icons for Movie Genres? I'd like to get the same style for music.

Regards,

- stoli - 2012-02-05

Shinu Wrote:so ummm....

Tomorrow...

- kri kri - 2012-02-05

Just wanted to say thank you for this skin, I especially love the icon home setting.

- Amra - 2012-02-05

stoli Wrote:@Amra - if you are still lurking, where did you get the icons for Movie Genres? I'd like to get the same style for music.

Regards,
Unfortunately, not in one place. I did a lot of google image searching (DeviantArt is good too) and usually had to crop the images down to the size I wanted.

If you want, PM me a list (or are you just going with the 30 generic music genres I included in my last upload?) of what you want and I'll see what I can come up with this week.

- stoli - 2012-02-05

@Amra - Just the generic ones would be a great start.

Thanks!

- Amra - 2012-02-05

stoli Wrote:@Amra - Just the generic ones would be a great start.

Thanks!
I'll see what I can come up with.

Btw, looking thru the standard square music genre icons that I was using as placeholders, I have a question for the more musically diverse XBMC users out there: There are icons for both "Alternative Rock" & "Alternative". I am probably musically naive but I think of both as the same. Are two new genre images needed or are they the same thing?

And ditto for "Rock n Roll" & "Rock". In my mind those have always been the same. "Rock" just being short for "Rock n Roll".