Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- sialivi - 2012-02-05

Amra Wrote:I'll see what I can come up with.

Btw, looking thru the standard square music genre icons that I was using as placeholders, I have a question for the more musically diverse XBMC users out there: There are icons for both "Alternative Rock" & "Alternative". I am probably musically naive but I think of both as the same. Are two new genre images needed or are they the same thing?

And ditto for "Rock n Roll" & "Rock". In my mind those have always been the same. "Rock" just being short for "Rock n Roll".

This is always tricky and very subjective.

I wouldn't call "Alternative" and "Alternative Rock" the same though since there are missing genres like "Alternative Metal" (There's also an image for "Gothic Rock" but none for "Gothic Metal").

Personally I would like certain adjectives to be broken off and be a modifier for the main genre, for example: "Alternative Metal" -> "Alternative" and "Metal", and "Alternative" never used on it's own. But that's not how xbmc handles genres.

- Malexx - 2012-02-06

When i turn on the Video OSD(i button)on a video
what is the third media flag icon from the left suposed to be?
I just got Questionmark there.

- stoli - 2012-02-06

Malexx Wrote:When i turn on the Video OSD(i button)on a video
what is the third media flag icon from the left suposed to be?
I just got Questionmark there.

Resolution - 480/720/1080 etc.

- Malexx - 2012-02-06

Hm,ok why it isnt showing?
my movies are named like name.bluray.1080p.mkv
They need to named another way?
Edit:I just talk about the OSD. In Movie Views i get 1080 etc Media Flags.

- stoli - 2012-02-06

Malexx Wrote:Hm,ok why it isnt showing?
my movies are named like name.bluray.1080p.mkv
They need to named another way?
Edit:I just talk about the OSD. In Movie Views i get 1080 etc Media Flags.

It has nothing to do with the naming - xbmc gets the data when it scans the files.

- protocol77 - 2012-02-07

hey stoli

i was just wondering if it is possible to have a horizontal main menu

also a way to change either the style or color of the watched check-mark

sometime the yellow blends with covers that have a lot of yellow in it i want to make it a more bolder colour

- Malexx - 2012-02-07

hm,any idea why the resoultion flag isnt working in OSD but in views?

- stoli - 2012-02-07

The icon layout is horizontal. Smile There will be quite a few color options in coming releases.

- Malmanian - 2012-02-07

First I would like to say huge thanks to Amra for this skin, I love the concept and clean futuristic 30's retro style look and layout. And also many thanks to Stoli for keeping this alive and making it future proof for Eden, the additional mods looks great.

It reminds me of some of the futuristic sci-fi cinema gems with 1930s style future visions like “Brazil (1985)” and “Dark City (1998).

* I have some minor suggestions. I’m not sure why it has started to become a trend with almost 95% of all the XBMC skins to completely hide the scrollbar indication until the user right clicks and focuses on the scrollbar. It mainly started with AEON Auriga mods and since then all the themes has lacked this useful functionality beside the baseline original XBMC skins of course.

That would be like if Microsoft or Apple would hide the scrollbars from their OS and web-browsers and only show it when the user right-clicks or moves the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen. The end-user is always used to see where on the screen they are and how much it is left to scroll-down/up without additional presses. (please see my mockup screenshot below).

Currently it just shows how many items each folder has and while scrolling up/down you never know where on the list you are and how much it is left until you right click to show the scollbar and even then the “dot-style” scroll bar makes it a bit hard to exactly know the current position when compared to a dynamic-scrollbar size that changes height as in the default confluence skin and all the major computer operative systems since GUI was created.

* Another very useful functionality in my opinion is to always show the end-user where they currently are all the time at the top left corner for example (this should also apply even in file-mode view).

For example:

HOME > SETTINGS
HOME > MOVIES > GENRE > ACTION
HOME > MUSIC > JAZZ > DIANA KRALL

* The time duration ($INFO[ListItem.Duration]) for the music files would in opinion look cleaner and less cluttered if separated from the main-title and moved to the right (img below).

Keep up the good work and we are looking forward to the first official release of this excellent skin so that it can have its own sub-forum section. Best regards.

example mockup preview (screenshot taken from file-mode/music):

- Shinu - 2012-02-07

I kinda miss seeing a movie's plot in the full-screen info. as the display is now, it kinda seems a bit lacking. like it needs a bit more info. ever thought of putting it at the bottom part of the osd? here's a mockup of what it might look like.

also the tv show screen needs somework. an option to have both the episode thumb and the log would be nice, much like Fusion...

just a couple things that i would love to see added to the skin. hope u'll take them under consideration. Smile

- Therms - 2012-02-08

]Image
What's going on with the squished image on the left here? All my shows have the same problem.

I used the artwork downloader. What image is supposed to be there? How do I fix this?

Metropolis Music Genre Icons - Amra - 2012-02-08

@stoli
Here are 42 tall music genre images (plus a default image). I know that's more than we talked about but I ran across a few extras when searching and I figured people would be asking for more anyway. As with the video genres i previously did, the link below includes images with and without labels.

Hope that helps & that they are to everyone's liking. Big Grin

DOWNLOAD

- stoli - 2012-02-08

Therms Wrote:]Image
What's going on with the squished image on the left here? All my shows have the same problem.

I used the artwork downloader. What image is supposed to be there? How do I fix this?

Looks like you downloaded fanart as folder.jpg

- Amra - 2012-02-08

@Therms
Also make sure in your XBMC video sources that you have Posters set to download by default and not Banners. That could also be the cause.

- quebert - 2012-02-09

Ok, I'm stumped about the music genre icons. I tried putting them in /media/musicgenres and nothing. So I tried /extras/musicgenres, nothing either. I Googled this and didn't see anything helpful about where they go. What am I not doing right here? Sad