Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- stoli - 2012-02-21

rflores2323 Wrote:is there an updated video.of this skin? I like stoli work and want to see if I should change feom neon to this skin but want to see it in action.

There's a link to a video in the first or second post in this thread. Or just install it and play with it, it's not like one skin will impact another...

- stoli - 2012-02-21

carl523 Wrote:ImageI have high hopes for this after using your amazing Big Alaska mod.

Nvm

- Shinu - 2012-02-21

can someone plz show me exactly how to modify this skin's full-screen info. sorry, but i feel like i'm being ignored for some reason. Sad

- stoli - 2012-02-21

Shinu Wrote:can someone plz show me exactly how to modify this skin's full-screen info. sorry, but i feel like i'm being ignored for some reason. Sad

You've been pointed to the files - maybe you aren't explaining yourself well enough. What EXACTLY are you trying to change?

- Shinu - 2012-02-21

stoli Wrote:You've been pointed to the files - maybe you aren't explaining yourself well enough. What EXACTLY are you trying to change?

as i said before, i'm attempting to modify the full-screen info. yes, i was pointed to the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml, but it only contains the code for the upper part of the display, along with includes for OSD_Progress_Bar2, OSD_Player_Details, OSD_Player_Time and MediaInfoVideoPlayer. where do i have to go in order to modify the lower part of the display, like in the mockups i posted? in the Includes.xml? changes made there aren't showing up in the skin.

- stoli - 2012-02-21

Shinu Wrote:as i said before, i'm attempting to modify the full-screen info. yes, i was pointed to the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml, but it only contains the code for the upper part of the display, along with includes for OSD_Progress_Bar2, OSD_Player_Details, OSD_Player_Time and MediaInfoVideoPlayer. where do i have to go in order to modify the lower part of the display, like in the mockups i posted? in the Includes.xml? changes made there aren't showing up in the skin.

I guess we have a different definition of the word "exactly". If you are editing the includes and there are no changes, you are editing the wrong section of code for what you want to change.

OSD_Progress_Bar2:
  • OSD Background Image
    OSD Progress Bar
    Start Time
    Finish Time
    Title and Year
    Movie Tag line
    Studio Images
    Logos
    Cover art

OSD_Player

This is all the FF info on the top of the screen.

OSD_Player_Time

System time, top left.

- Shinu - 2012-02-21

not sure how much more exact i can be than that. but anyway, it seems that i needed to reload the skin in order to see the changes (i did that before, but it didn't work. dunno what i did wrong).

- Shinu - 2012-02-22

well i tried my hand at modding, and it turned out pretty good...

added first aired and episode rating to the topbar. and logos fit pretty well within the bottom bar. even large logos like the one below.

i can post the code for anyone who's interested.

- homerjs - 2012-02-22

Nice work, please post

- User 55003 - 2012-02-22

Hi stoli, finally got around to finishing the integration of the GlobalSearch addon. Feel free to use it if you like it.
GlobalSearch skin

EDIT: ps. Also here is the updated PseudoTV EPG and channel config..
PseudoTV Skin

- stoli - 2012-02-22

@Steveb - good work, already added both to the skin!

Thanks,

- Shinu - 2012-02-22

homerjs Wrote:Nice work, please post

Sure...

http://www.mediafire.com/?tdfpv7rftqrlil7

just replace the existing files. and enable "Show thumbnail in Video OSD" to use both logo and thumb. i also modded the lowlist to display tv show logos at the episode level. for anyone who's interested.

- VanillaXtract - 2012-02-23

Can someone tell me the list of predefined movie genres or tell me where I can find it? I looked through the skin folder structure and didn't see it.

I'd like to redo my metadata so that my genres use the built in list and not have a question mark icon.

- stoli - 2012-02-23

VanillaXtract Wrote:Can someone tell me the list of predefined movie genres or tell me where I can find it? I looked through the skin folder structure and didn't see it.

I'd like to redo my metadata so that my genres use the built in list and not have a question mark icon.

3d
3d2
Action and Adventure
Action
Adult
Adventure
Animation
Anime
Anime2
Biography
Bollywood
Children