Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- teefer22 - 2012-02-23

This is kind of a lame request i'm sure. The default "view" for all the video addon's seems to be "Low List" is there a way I could change the default to "Files" view instead?

I'm not really expecting you to add this as a feature in the settings, I was just hoping you could show me where I could make this change in the xml files? (even if that means changing the default view for the whole skin from low list to files)

Any assistance anyone could provide is greatly appreciated. This is my favorite skin, and i appreciate all the work that is put into it.

- Victim - 2012-02-24

Hello, I have a couple requests:

1. Season Fan-art
2. Customizable home-screen (custom playlists)
3. Scrolling Letters

Can these things be added somehow?

- stoli - 2012-02-24

teefer22 Wrote:This is kind of a lame request i'm sure. The default "view" for all the video addon's seems to be "Low List" is there a way I could change the default to "Files" view instead?

I'm not really expecting you to add this as a feature in the settings, I was just hoping you could show me where I could make this change in the xml files? (even if that means changing the default view for the whole skin from low list to files)

Any assistance anyone could provide is greatly appreciated. This is my favorite skin, and i appreciate all the work that is put into it.

It's set in myvideonav.xml - I'll double check the values and let you know.

- teefer22 - 2012-02-24

stoli Wrote:It's set in myvideonav.xml - I'll double check the values and let you know.

Thanks, that was the tip I needed to figure it out. Here is what I changed:

<views>905,55,53,57,550,551,512,52,503,504,509,508,511,510,54,59,58,56,501</views>

I changed that to:

<views>55,905,53,57,550,551,512,52,503,504,509,508,511,510,54,59,58,56,501</views>

and it seems to work. So thanks for the info!

- User 55003 - 2012-02-25

Hi guys, been going nut's skinning my fav addons that have some sort of GUI lately. Smile
This ones the Tv Guide addon (xmltv epg viewer). To install, just replace the default skin folder within the addon (..\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\resources\skins\).
TV Guide skin.metropolis

Next up! XBMC Sub's & TvTunes2.0. Laugh

- VanillaXtract - 2012-02-26

So right now when I click on Movies or TV Shows it just shows a massive list. How can I get it to default to showing the "genre" view instead?

- fakasupi - 2012-02-27

stoli Wrote:I'll have to see how that is done - it's a relatively new feature I believe. Is that Confluence in your screen shot?

heyy you have been upgraded and its very nice..It was very important to me because I often watch online videos. thank you man good job Wink

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2012-02-27

great job on the skin and keep up the good work, I was wondering if it was possible to increase the font size on the skin?

- fakasupi - 2012-02-27

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:great job on the skin and keep up the good work, I was wondering if it was possible to increase the font size on the skin?

that would be really great

- stoli - 2012-02-28

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:great job on the skin and keep up the good work, I was wondering if it was possible to increase the font size on the skin?

Generally speaking the font is larger than most skins when it comes I plots, descriptions, etc. I'm blind as a bat and have no problem coding or viewing it from 10+/- feet away.

Adjusting font size is no easy task - while a 2pt increase for plot may be fine, that same font definition may be used elsewhere in a confined space that would then be truncated or overrun into another label.

I'll look into it once I get it completed for inclusion with Eden.

- kyotocafe - 2012-02-28

stoli Wrote:Generally speaking the font is larger than most skins when it comes I plots, descriptions, etc. I'm blind as a bat and have no problem coding or viewing it from 10+/- feet away.

I couldn't agree more. Certainly Metropolis is one of the skins that it is easier to read from afar.

- Amra - 2012-02-28

kyotocafe Wrote:Certainly Metropolis is one of the skins that it is easier to read from afar.
That was one of my original goals, old geezer that I am. Nerd Laugh

- bandelguy - 2012-02-29

@ Stoli: Path to music folder is set as : D/MUSIC/. All the artist logos appear in the low list view in the library. But in the OSD only those logos appear where the artist folder contain both the logo.png and album folder. T!, Aeon Nox, C.E. V2 shows all the logos , irrespective of the fact whether the artist folder contains both album and logo.png or only logo.png.

- homerjs - 2012-03-01

stoli Wrote:Image

When a movie has a long description it doesn't work, you get director and genre over top of description. Can this be fixed?

- stoli - 2012-03-01

homerjs Wrote:When a movie has a long description it doesn't work, you get director and genre over top of description. Can this be fixed?

I believe it's already fixed - when did you last update?