Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - stoli - 2012-03-21

I'll check it it out - I never paid attention to the help text so I never saw an issue. Smile

Thanks,

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - Amra - 2012-03-21

@stoli

Here's another Eden code update I noticed. In "MyWeather.xml" the following change will fix the location not being shown in the upper left corner on the Weather screen:

at line 565, change:
Code:
                <label>$INFO[Weather.Location]</label>

to the following:
Code:
                <label>$INFO[Window.Property(Location)]</label>

Also, while looking thru my xbmc log, I noticed that an error comes up on line 536 of "Includes.xml" regarding the Next Aired component. The following code is referencing an include that has not been defined anywhere:

Code:
            <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>

Perhaps that was meant to be the following? I haven't used "Next Aired" yet so I'm just guessing here.
Code:
            <include>Animation_OpenCloseFade</include>

Again, I hope all this helps... Amra

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - sialivi - 2012-03-21

@stoli

How about enabling Amra to push updates to github?

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - Amra - 2012-03-21

(2012-03-21, 17:27)sialivi Wrote: @stoli

How about enabling Amra to push updates to github?

No, I'm afraid I would probably screw something up Confused I was just noticing a few things since I just started using Eden & the latest version of the skin. I appreciate the thought, though.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - ialand - 2012-03-22

Noticed an incongruity, hope it's an easy fix...

Using the Low List view

both Movies and Recent Movies have the fanart on the right and the poster on the left, this is good.

but

TV Shows (when you get down to the season list of episodes) has the thumbnail on the right and poster (if available) on the left, this is good
Recent TV Shows, episode list, has the thumbnail on both the left and right, poster is missing

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - amfmjock - 2012-03-23

After running through all the available skins, this is my fave by far. Any chance there will be a mod for the movieset script .. to show info for the sets in video nav? I am brand new to XBMC and if I'm asking the question improperly, my apologies.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - Amra - 2012-03-23

(2012-03-22, 01:59)ialand Wrote: Noticed an incongruity, hope it's an easy fix...

Using the Low List view

both Movies and Recent Movies have the fanart on the right and the poster on the left, this is good.

but

TV Shows (when you get down to the season list of episodes) has the thumbnail on the right and poster (if available) on the left, this is good
Recent TV Shows, episode list, has the thumbnail on both the left and right, poster is missing

Maybe stoli can figure something out there but unfortunately it appears that it's not possible to display either the TVshow or Season thumbs for recently added episodes in a viewtype yet. I've actually just gotten used to the Files view for recently added episodes (and movies) even though the Low List view is my favorite.

Here are two threads discussing what you are talking about. In the second, more recent thread it appears as if a request has been made to the XBMC programmers to include this function in the future.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59284
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115391

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - Eddage - 2012-03-23

(2012-03-23, 13:38)Amra Wrote:
(2012-03-22, 01:59)ialand Wrote: Noticed an incongruity, hope it's an easy fix...

Using the Low List view

but

Maybe stoli can figure something out there but unfortunately it appears that it's not possible to display either the TVshow or Season thumbs for recently added episodes in a viewtype yet. I've actually just gotten used to the Files view for recently added episodes (and movies) even though the Low List view is my favorite.

Here are two threads discussing what you are talking about. In the second, more recent thread it appears as if a request has been made to the XBMC programmers to include this function in the future.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59284
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115391

It is actually possible, if they have a folder.jpg in their show folder...

Just throw this in the code...

Code:
        <control type="image"> <!--cover (recently added)-->
            <posx>590</posx>
            <posy>173</posy>
            <width>372</width>
            <height>556</height>
            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
            <texture diffuse="breeze/home/folder tile dif.png">$INFO[ListItem.path,,../folder.jpg]</texture>
            <visible>!Window.IsVisible(contextmenu)</visible>
            <visible>SubString(Container.FolderPath,videodb://5/)+!SubString(ListItem.Episode,S)+!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>            
        </control>

and it should work, you can always have a fallback image if they don't have a folder.jpg

Thanks Eddage. I worked that code into my personal Metropolis copy and it worked wonderfully. Thanks!

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - stoli - 2012-03-23

Looks like I have some work to do this weekend. Smile

(2012-03-23, 20:10)stoli Wrote: Looks like I have some work to do this weekend. Smile

Blush Yeah, uh sorry about that. It looks like I opened a can of worms when I updated to Eden. Oops.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - protocol77 - 2012-03-24

I was wondering if it is possible when you press to access submenu and select from the list of recently added movies or tv shows if the poster for that movie or fanart for that show could be displayed inthat big window above

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - noiz13 - 2012-03-24

i found a bug, i think its a bug.
when i am watching a movie or tv serie and the movie is done you go back to the serie menu. but than i get the layout menu in the middle.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - Klojum - 2012-03-24

Hi people, I recently found out (again) about the Metropolis, and it looks awesome!

I now installed your skin on my latest OpenELEC build (r10254, Generic) and all goes well apart from one small thing: the Restart/Reboot option does not respond at all... And since I have OpenELEC in a dualboot setup, this is a bit annoying.

The Reboot option does work with other skins, so I guess Metropolis needs a little tweak here or there. Hope to see a fix in the near future, keep up the good work!

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-03-25

First of all, I just wanted to mention that this is the first skin that I'm actually using over Confluence. It's quite beautiful and presents a lot of information quickly and succinctly. Excellent job!

But, being the author of the iPhoto add-on, that particular subsection is obviously of particular importance to me. Here are some things I've noticed so far:

* DialogTextViewer draws over top of other information in its way
- also should allow user to scroll through it, instead of autoscrolling

* Home->Addons: Add link to Pictures like you already do for Video, Music, etc

* Pictures library: disable the Custom Background if current ListItem is a photo
- photos just look odd drawn over top of another background

* Grid view mode:
- 2 columns is far too narrow; something like 3 or 4 would be better IMHO
- Show ListItem title somewhere on the screen

I'm looking around the code now to see what I can do to help with these things. I'd like to know the state of affairs before I do so though: am I correct in asserting that the Pictures views just aren't quite finished yet?

Again, thanks a ton for the amazing skin!

-j