Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - Bunto Skiffler - 2012-08-13

J, there is also another issue that I've noticed concerning my own way of managing the Music Library (maybe other peeps?).
I "clean" my library much more often than I "update" it. When I add I do it manually, instead of just blindly updating. So when I highlight "Music" in the home menu and do a right arrow, it would be nice to have "Clean Library" there maybe instead of "Update Library". WDYT?

ps. sometimes I've noticed the song titles bleed onto the home page, like here.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - stoli - 2012-08-13

Because "Clean Library" can be destructive, I think it is better to have it a few screens deep in the settings. I can see it now, a newer user sees that while his external HD is turned off and his whole music library disappears. That's not so say you can't modify the xml or just add it to your favorites...

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-13, 20:54)stoli Wrote: Because "Clean Library" can be destructive, I think it is better to have it a few screens deep in the settings. I can see it now, a newer user sees that while his external HD is turned off and his whole music library disappears. That's not so say you can't modify the xml or just add it to your favorites...

I have to agree with Stoli here -- the best place for something like this is in your Favorites.

I'll have a look at your other issue in a little bit.

(2012-08-13, 20:04)Bunto Skiffler Wrote: ps. sometimes I've noticed the song titles bleed onto the home page, like here.

Hmm, that should include the Album cover and the Artist and Album name as well. That's what it shows on mine.. do you maybe have some messed up tags or something for the songs that do this?

edit: Ah, you have the CD Art overlay disabled. I'll fix it right now.

edit2: And done. You'll see it on the next push up to Passion.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - sialivi - 2012-08-14

Would it be possible to add "Tags" (new feature in Frodo nightlies) to the Movies submenu on the homescreen, without making the skin incompatible with Eden?

I don't have git set up at the moment, so could someone make this quick change?

MusicVisualisation.xml row 111, change ThumbShadow.png to thumb_border.png since the former file doesn't exist
MusicVisualisation.xml row 98, change posx from 55 to 64

(2012-08-14, 21:49)sialivi Wrote: Would it be possible to add "Tags" (new feature in Frodo nightlies) to the Movies submenu on the homescreen, without making the skin incompatible with Eden?

I'm going to assume that eventually we'll make a branch for Frodo changes. I'll add your request to my todo list (or you can post it as an Issue on github), but imho let's hold off at least until the next version of Metropolis is released (should be soon).

(2012-08-14, 21:49)sialivi Wrote: I don't have git set up at the moment, so could someone make this quick change?

MusicVisualisation.xml row 111, change ThumbShadow.png to thumb_border.png since the former file doesn't exist
MusicVisualisation.xml row 98, change posx from 55 to 64

Done.

Support for Addon Shortcuts has been implemented. It'll show up in Passion shortly.

Feedback please Smile

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - ajamils - 2012-08-17

I have not read the whole thread so I don't know if it has already been discused but is it possible to add custom sub-menus that point to playlists (like in Aeon) ? I want to have 3D, Kids etc playlists under Movies.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 05:50)ajamils Wrote: I have not read the whole thread so I don't know if it has already been discused but is it possible to add custom sub-menus that point to playlists (like in Aeon) ? I want to have 3D, Kids etc playlists under Movies.

I'll look into adding custom Playlists over this weekend. However, I do want to avoid adding special conditions; that is, I think I'd like it to just support whatever (smart) playlists you can already create with XBMC. Otherwise, requests for provisions could get out of hand.

I haven't looked (and don't have time to just this moment), but can you create a smart playlist that filters on resolutions (to get 3D, HD, SD, etc)? If you can, then this modification will get you what you want. If not, it's my opinion that you should file a feature request for its addition to smart playlists in XBMC itself.

(2012-08-17, 14:43)jingai Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 05:50)ajamils Wrote: I have not read the whole thread so I don't know if it has already been discused but is it possible to add custom sub-menus that point to playlists (like in Aeon) ? I want to have 3D, Kids etc playlists under Movies.

I'll look into adding custom Playlists over this weekend. However, I do want to avoid adding special conditions; that is, I think I'd like it to just support whatever (smart) playlists you can already create with XBMC. Otherwise, requests for provisions could get out of hand.

I haven't looked (and don't have time to just this moment), but can you create a smart playlist that filters on resolutions (to get 3D, HD, SD, etc)? If you can, then this modification will get you what you want. If not, it's my opinion that you should file a feature request for its addition to smart playlists in XBMC itself.

Thanks for the reply. I have already created smart play lists for the type of sub-menus that I want but I did not find a way in Metropolis to display them under Movies main menu. Like on other skins (Aeon Nox for example), I can just edit the sub-menu and tell it to show "Playlist" and that way I get all the different type of movie in their own sub-menu (via smart playlists).

For example:

-- Movies
--> 3D Movies (via Smart Playlist)
--> Kids Movies (via Smart Playlist)

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 17:26)ajamils Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I have already created smart play lists for the type of sub-menus that I want but I did not find a way in Metropolis to display them under Movies main menu. Like on other skins (Aeon Nox for example), I can just edit the sub-menu and tell it to show "Playlist" and that way I get all the different type of movie in their own sub-menu (via smart playlists).

Ok, cool, I wasn't sure if you could already filter on video type/resolution. I'll add this in this weekend.

The main issue to think about is how large the submenus are becoming, but I'll work something out.

(2012-08-17, 17:53)jingai Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 17:26)ajamils Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I have already created smart play lists for the type of sub-menus that I want but I did not find a way in Metropolis to display them under Movies main menu. Like on other skins (Aeon Nox for example), I can just edit the sub-menu and tell it to show "Playlist" and that way I get all the different type of movie in their own sub-menu (via smart playlists).

Ok, cool, I wasn't sure if you could already filter on video type/resolution. I'll add this in this weekend.

The main issue to think about is how large the submenus are becoming, but I'll work something out.

Thank you. Looking forward to the update.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - ialand - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-02, 16:03)jingai Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 05:48)ialand Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 16:00)jingai Wrote: In other words, please go to Settings->Addons->TheTVDB->Prefer Posters (assuming you use TheTVDB scraper) and enable it. You will likely need to refresh info for the affected items, or possibly even remove them and rescan (I forget).

I did. Exactly. For brand new series never on the HD before. Set it and restarted. It pulled the BANNER and called it poster.

Well, it works fine on all 5 clients I have running Metropolis and for other users that have posted here (using the instructions I sent to you), so let's debug this:

1) What scraper are you using for shows? TheTVDB?
2) What version of XBMC are you running? Eden 11.0, a nightly, some custom build?
3) What version of Metropolis? Stable from the official repo or unstable from the Passion repo?

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I've been out of town.. to answer best as I can right now..

1) theTVDB, nothing else
2) the Frodo builds that wsnipex/erhnam made, the new AudioEngine has solved a LOT of problems for me and overall it's running solid as a rock. (see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134252)
3) Updated from the GIT as new ones come about

I'm going to update one of my boxes to the new ISO that xbmcfreak released http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/ http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/xbmcbuntu-11.9-wsnipex-testing-v4.iso tomorrow

I do have it set to 'prefer posters'
somethings DO have poster.jpg in the folder, some don't.
I will put in a new series, not existing in the database tomorrow, do a scan for it and save the log.

NOTES:

EVERYTIME I re-scan a show, it will go back and re-grab the banner and stretch it to use as a poster. EVEN if I have exported the library to the servers, with seasonxx.tbn, season-all.tbn etc present on the disc
if I PRELOAD the show folder with a seasonXX.tbn it DOES see that and use it properly.

more when I can get the test done...

(btw, the steampunk theme is missing from the GIT (icons/etc) but the COLOR set is there? you have 6 skins and 7 color sets Smile )

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-18, 00:12)ialand Wrote: 2) the Frodo builds that wsnipex/erhnam made, the new AudioEngine has solved a LOT of problems for me and overall it's running solid as a rock. (see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134252)

I'm running Frodo nightlies as well and don't have an issue. That said, there certainly could be something with that particular build you're using. You probably only see the issue in Metropolis because Metropolis is one of the few skins (only? not sure) that assumes Posters are set as default in the scraper. Confluence, for example, uses the poster.jpg on disk for posters and gets the banners from the database. It's the opposite for Metropolis.

(2012-08-18, 00:12)ialand Wrote: 3) Updated from the GIT as new ones come about

Is there a reason you aren't using the Passion repo instead? If you pull it from git yourself, you'll either have to occasionally manually update your textures.xbt (from the archive on Passion) or delete it altogether. Deleting it means it will be slow, however. Alternatively, you could run the TexturePacker yourself, but the point is that you don't get updated textures.xbt automatically if you're pulling directly from git.

(2012-08-18, 00:12)ialand Wrote: I do have it set to 'prefer posters' somethings DO have poster.jpg in the folder, some don't

Again, it does not matter if poster.jpg exists on disk or not. It isn't used, ever, by Metropolis. For Posters, Metropolis uses what is scanned into the database and ignores completely the poster.jpg on disk. It does use banner.jpg, however, for the Banner views.

(2012-08-18, 00:12)ialand Wrote: EVERYTIME I re-scan a show, it will go back and re-grab the banner and stretch it to use as a poster. EVEN if I have exported the library to the servers, with seasonxx.tbn, season-all.tbn etc present on the disc
if I PRELOAD the show folder with a seasonXX.tbn it DOES see that and use it properly.

This really makes me think Frodo isn't properly rescanning the thumbnails for you in this case. It's probably because the hashes match and it doesn't know that you're actually trying to get it to re-fetch the image because you wanted a different version. So, either delete your Thumbnails directory, or go through each show and set the poster thumb by hand. That's your call.

(2012-08-18, 00:12)ialand Wrote: (btw, the steampunk theme is missing from the GIT (icons/etc) but the COLOR set is there? you have 6 skins and 7 color sets Smile )

Either delete media/Textures.xbt or update it from the archive on Passion. Or just use the Passion repo instead of pulling it from git.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-17, 23:34)ajamils Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I have already created smart play lists for the type of sub-menus that I want but I did not find a way in Metropolis to display them under Movies main menu. Like on other skins (Aeon Nox for example), I can just edit the sub-menu and tell it to show "Playlist" and that way I get all the different type of movie in their own sub-menu (via smart playlists).

This has been pushed up. I want to do more with it, but I think this will get you what you want for now.