Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - tuckbodi - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-27, 01:09)jingai Wrote: Found the problem and fixing it now. Will push it up in a minute.

FYI, the reason I didn't see it is because it only happened if the Duration tag did not contain the word "min" at the end. Not sure why a few of yours are like that, but it will work either way now.

Hmm, interesting, good catch! I see I have a bunch of movies like this and they all looked like they were scraped around the same time. I wonder if it was an issue with a version of ViMediaManager I was using at the time?? Regardless, looks good now! And loving the new Music Video section and new submenus! Thanks jingai!!

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 00:07)tuckbodi Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 01:09)jingai Wrote: Found the problem and fixing it now. Will push it up in a minute.

FYI, the reason I didn't see it is because it only happened if the Duration tag did not contain the word "min" at the end. Not sure why a few of yours are like that, but it will work either way now.

Hmm, interesting, good catch! I see I have a bunch of movies like this and they all looked like they were scraped around the same time. I wonder if it was an issue with a version of ViMediaManager I was using at the time??

Maybe. The condition was in the code already, but it was faulty, obviously. So maybe someone else complained about the same thing in the past. It works either way now though, so no big deal Smile

(2012-08-28, 00:07)tuckbodi Wrote: Regardless, looks good now! And loving the new Music Video section and new submenus! Thanks jingai!!

The customization stuff was a lot of work, so it's good to hear people are using it Smile

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-08-28

For all artists out there, lists of icons we need drawn up are at:

https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/123
https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/124

RE: fast scoll indicator - jingai - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-22, 19:28)krustyreturns Wrote: I have a question though: I noticed on every other skin I tried, when I do a fast scroll on a list (i.e. holding the remote direction button down) there is a little popup that shows where in the list you are currently viewing as the scroll is happening. In other words, if the list is alphabetized for instance, it shows a little popup that has the first letter indicator of list items you are currently in the scroll view. This is missing in Metropolis and I can't find a setting to turn it on.

Just added this.

RE: fast scoll indicator - DProudmoore - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 04:15)jingai Wrote: Just added this.

This is really useful when scrolling through quickly but I'm wondering if there's another spot in the layout the popup could go so the plot info doesn't have to be squished up for the temporary label (when hiding other info flags)?

RE: fast scoll indicator - jingai - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 14:33)DProudmoore Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 04:15)jingai Wrote: Just added this.

This is really useful when scrolling through quickly but I'm wondering if there's another spot in the layout the popup could go so the plot info doesn't have to be squished up for the temporary label (when hiding other info flags)?

I anticipated this complaint.. I do have a logical reason for the change -- well, I think it's logical anyway Tongue

Basically, we're trying to stuff so much information down there in such a small space, I thought it would be good to allocate space for the various types of information we can display there. The conditionals for some of the items there were getting _really_ hairy and difficult to maintain -- not to mention taking me 30 minutes to test if I changed anything there (because it basically touches the entire skin).

The layout is as follows:

* Left-side: CDArt or rating/studio.
* Right-side: Clock and weather.
* Top-center: Plot/Description.
* Bottom-center: Media information/flags. This includes the video flags, the currently playing song, and the sort letter.

The change allows me to show the currently playing song in a _lot_ more views, without making the conditionals even more hairy. And besides, if you want to see a larger plot text view, you can always pop up the Info dialog.

In a nutshell, I'd like to leave it like this.. at least for now.. unless there is a serious backlash from the community. It simplifies things greatly for a (in my mind) minor regression of functionality.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-08-30

@DProudmoore,

I've worked out a way to do what you want cleanly, but I had to refactor a lot of code, so give me until the end of the week to test it all. But you'll get the long plots back whenever they fit Smile

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - grywnn - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-28, 16:17)jingai Wrote: For all artists out there, lists of icons we need drawn up are at:

https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/123
https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/124

I customized some of the genre icons and added a few according to my own needs some time ago:
musicgenres.zip
Feel free to take whatever you like.

(2012-08-30, 16:08)grywnn Wrote: I customized some of the genre icons and added a few according to my own needs some time ago:

Feel free to take whatever you like.

Thanks!! Keep 'em coming guys!

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - sialivi - 2012-08-30

jingai,
I'm not sure if I've just messed up my settings somehow or if the recent changes to CDArt has broken something, but I no longer get my cdart.png files to show up, I only get the default blank spinning cd.

Edit: Nevermind, started working again, must have been some temporary glitch

(2012-08-30, 23:26)sialivi Wrote: I'm not sure if I've just messed up my settings somehow or if the recent changes to CDArt has broken something, but I no longer get my cdart.png files to show up, I only get the default blank spinning cd.

It's possible I broke something of course, but it's working fine for me on two of my machines (with two separate libraries).

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-08-31

Large Plot text is now (conditionally, whenever it fits) back in.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - Acrobat76 - 2012-08-31

I may be missing something obvious....but how can I go back to fullscreen mode after navigating the home menu. (e.g. I start playing a song, navigate back to the menus but cant find a way back to the music fullscreen menu.) Running this on an ATV2................

Other skins have a "now playing" or "player" option in the menu...cant seem to find something similar here...

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-31, 19:29)Acrobat76 Wrote: I may be missing something obvious....but how can I go back to fullscreen mode after navigating the home menu. (e.g. I start playing a song, navigate back to the menus but cant find a way back to the music fullscreen menu.) Running this on an ATV2................

Other skins have a "now playing" or "player" option in the menu...cant seem to find something similar here...

It's in Music->Fullscreen. The option will only be present if there is a song currently playing.

RE: fast scoll indicator - krustyreturns - 2012-09-02

(2012-08-29, 04:15)jingai Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 19:28)krustyreturns Wrote: I have a question though: I noticed on every other skin I tried, when I do a fast scroll on a list (i.e. holding the remote direction button down) there is a little popup that shows where in the list you are currently viewing as the scroll is happening. In other words, if the list is alphabetized for instance, it shows a little popup that has the first letter indicator of list items you are currently in the scroll view. This is missing in Metropolis and I can't find a setting to turn it on.

Just added this.

Thank you so much. I looks great.