Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] LiveOnlineFooty.com - Watch premium sports streaming services with XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] LiveOnlineFooty.com - Watch premium sports streaming services with XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=99422)

- icky - 2011-10-20

whufclee Wrote:Agreed, well put. That said I am seriously considering moving over to FSS next season as their schedule is a lot better and the ability to watch live channels 22/7 (when they are working!) is well worth the extra few quid - just my opinion. I've emailed LOF a couple of times regarding these issues but never received a reply - not even an automated "thanks for your comments..". Although the customer service is shockingly bad it's still the best £30-odd I spent this year - much better than previously watching free streams that continually get cut off or buffer every few seconds.

if it is just football you are mainly intersted in then i wouldnt bother with FSS as liveonlinefooty has a lot better stream quality on average.... but if you think you will watch the 22/7 channels for cricket etc then just have it known that the 22/7 channels are sky go streamed and so the stream quality is 480x288 or thereabouts.... on a 22 inch monitor wikl look fine on a 40 inch tv.... doesnt look great at all.... but with the 22/7 availability you pay that price....

best thing to do with LOF is use the live chat.... that way you get a response, when there is somebody there.

- whufclee - 2011-10-20

Cheers, I might give the live chat thing a go sometime then - didn't realise they had that. I setup FSS for a mate on his 37" TV and I couldn't really see a massive amount of difference between that and LOF, I think LOF is definately better quality but barely noticeable (especially to me with my poor eyesight - must be a side-effect of using VideoDevil all these years Big Grin)

- icky - 2011-10-20

whufclee Wrote:Cheers, I might give the live chat thing a go sometime then - didn't realise they had that. I setup FSS for a mate on his 37" TV and I couldn't really see a massive amount of difference between that and LOF, I think LOF is definately better quality but barely noticeable (especially to me with my poor eyesight - must be a side-effect of using VideoDevil all these years Big Grin)

i am sat about 8ft away from my tv and i can notice quite a bit of difference... but then i do have perfect 20/20 vision! lol

- mclog - 2011-10-20

Some of the on-demand FSS streams are of pretty high quality, VIP27 for example is better than any of the LOF streams except for that Channel 7 HD one.

- icky - 2011-10-20

mclog Wrote:Some of the on-demand FSS streams are of pretty high quality, VIP27 for example is better than any of the LOF streams except for that Channel 7 HD one.

to be perfectly honest, i have always just logged into LOF after start of season FSS was pretty bad.... will have to watch the Norwich game on FSS this weekend.... but will def do the manc derby on channel 7 HD, watch the citizens lose in HD Smile

- rossglass - 2011-10-20

what dl speed is ideal for this service?

I pay £35 for StreamPro.TV but my speed has dropped to around 700kbs recently and I havent been able to watch their streams buffer-free, which is a real pity as its the best quality streaming site I've used.

I would only subscribe if I had a good idea I'd be able to watch without lag.

- VanZan - 2011-10-20

rossglass Wrote:what dl speed is ideal for this service?

I pay £35 for StreamPro.TV but my speed has dropped to around 700kbs recently and I havent been able to watch their streams buffer-free, which is a real pity as its the best quality streaming site I've used.

That link reminds me of something I wanted to ask about. Are there any other XBMC plugins similar to LOF or FSS but for other streaming sites that do other channels? Like Sky Movies etc?

- mclog - 2011-10-20

I believe that the streampro.tv has some Sky channels as well, I was thinking about doing a plugin for it, but I just never had time yet.

- VanZan - 2011-10-20

Thanks mclog. I find it funny that there's nobody doing streaming of non-sports channels but I suppose there's other sources, such as IceFilms, for them.

- mclog - 2011-10-20

That's my thinking VanZan, if it's not a live event, there's a hundred other ways to get it...

- icky - 2011-10-20

rossglass Wrote:what dl speed is ideal for this service?

i reckon a 10mb connection should do ya Smile

- Mrkennedy - 2011-10-20

I just found it to be very poor compared to what we have been getting the last few weeks. If there was a simple post on their website stating to HD channels tonight then fine. It's just customer service really.

I have tried FFS too but still undecided which one to use full time yet

- icky - 2011-10-20

Mrkennedy Wrote:I just found it to be very poor compared to what we have been getting the last few weeks. If there was a simple post on their website stating to HD channels tonight then fine. It's just customer service really.

I have tried FFS too but still undecided which one to use full time yet

confused.... when i looked last night the schedule didnt say HD.... granted the top bar said about 3-5 mb connection HD channel but wrong info at the top happens alot.

ITV is always average via LOF, i gather they think that people that use the service are generally from the UK and so have a terrestial box for ITV.... i have to admit the barca game was a bit pixelated.... but was still watchable and none of the games were advertised as HD.

in the end.... all the games can be pixelated as crap in my opinion as long as the man u games and norwich games are in good quality.... im a happy boy!!!1 lol

Edit - In short..... if you want HD all the time pay the 50 quid a month for sky sports... if you want a cheap as chip service which is better than free streams then LOF/FSS is the way and i think we just have to tkae the ruff with a smooth..... its not a legit company in the end and so we dont have legs to stand on!!1

- VanZan - 2011-10-20

icky Wrote:confused.... when i looked last night the schedule didnt say HD.... granted the top bar said about 3-5 mb connection HD channel but wrong info at the top happens alot.

ITV is always average via LOF, i gather they think that people that use the service are generally from the UK and so have a terrestial box for ITV.... i have to admit the barca game was a bit pixelated.... but was still watchable and none of the games were advertised as HD.

in the end.... all the games can be pixelated as crap in my opinion as long as the man u games and norwich games are in good quality.... im a happy boy!!!1 lol

I don't know why you're being so "high and mighty" about things? Do you work for LOF or something? The service last night was crap and I don't care if you get your knickers in a twist about me saying that. All I wanted was one CL game in good quality and they couldn't even manage that. I've been the first to defend them in the past. If the service was like that all the time I wouldn't pay 2 pence for it let alone the £28 for the season ticket. This "it's far cheaper than Sky" argument doesn't hold any water for me. If it's crap I don't care how cheap it is.

- johoja - 2011-10-20

Anyone want to invite me to to LOF ? Looks like it's invite only, [email protected] pls Smile and thanks.