Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Subsonic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Subsonic (/showthread.php?tid=99513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- speed32219 - 2011-05-06

t0mm0 Wrote:this addon is the other way round - it streams music from a subsonic server to xbmc.

so yeah i don't see why you couldn't run subsonic on the same machine as xbmc (assuming you don't want to have lots of users!)

t0mm0

Well that's good to know, I can start xbmc server from the remote droid app which would fire up the nas also, so when I am traveling or out of town I would be able to download new music to my droid phone/tablet or even watch a movie.

Hell, if I had a newer droid device (Arcos5) with hdmi output I could connect it to a tv and watch a movie in a hotel room or at a family/freinds house.

But, you bring up a good point about running it on a seperate server. Maybe a cheap small atom based device with apache web/proxy server and subsonic. I do not travel all that much that I would need it running all the time within my xbmc. I will need to give this some thought.

- crooksy - 2011-05-06

Just replied to your PM speed32219 but can't see the message in my sent box.

Let me know if you got it cheers.

- crooksy - 2011-05-06

speed32219 Wrote:Well that's good to know, I can start xbmc server from the remote droid app which would fire up the nas also, so when I am traveling or out of town I would be able to download new music to my droid phone/tablet or even watch a movie.

Hell, if I had a newer droid device (Arcos5) with hdmi output I could connect it to a tv and watch a movie in a hotel room or at a family/freinds house.

But, you bring up a good point about running it on a seperate server. Maybe a cheap small atom based device with apache web/proxy server and subsonic. I do not travel all that much that I would need it running all the time within my xbmc. I will need to give this some thought.

The PogoPlug Video is another option to look into, I have the Pro version and it works brilliantly. Ooh and nearly forgot the fact that Pogoplug have teamed up with Buffalo for a NAS solution that will do exactly what you want:

http://www.buffalocloudstor.com/

- necrosis - 2011-05-07

t0mm0 Wrote:sorry for the delay, this message slipped by me.

i thought it would just work. but i don't have a ssl enabled set up at the moment. i guess that will get me to secure my installation properly in order to test Wink

in the meantime if you could post a debug log that will probably speed up a fix... check the wiki for info on where it is found.

well spotted, i'll add that as soon as i can!

cool, don't have any shortcuts on my subsonic so didn't spot that! will add support for it in the next release - thanks for the example!

don't think that would be easy, if it's possible at all, but yeah it would be a good idea if it's possible.

yes i can add that

not sure there's anything i can do about that - maybe it's a problem with xbmc on atv2? i don't think there is anything a plugin can do to fix it? and i don't have one so i can't even try it Sad

Cool

thought there would be a catch to the praise Wink

it's possible. i had the same idea myself but haven't got round to implementing it yet. maybe this could even provide a way of buffering the next song....

i'll add it to my todo list.

thanks,

t0mm0

Is there a chance that Recently added, Top rated, Most played, Recently played are going to be included?

Again Thanks!

- speed32219 - 2011-05-07

crooksy Wrote:Just replied to your PM speed32219 but can't see the message in my sent box.

Let me know if you got it cheers.

Yes, thank you. I have music streaming working with xbmc and subsonic server but now trying to get video.

Droid apk 2.6 doesn't have an option for video it looks like.

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-07

speed32219 Wrote:Yes, thank you. I have music streaming working with xbmc and subsonic server but now trying to get video.

Droid apk 2.6 doesn't have an option for video it looks like.

i believe video only works on android if you can install flash at the moment.

(you'd probably be better off asking these questions on the subsonic forum)

t0mm0

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-07

necrosis Wrote:Is there a chance that Recently added, Top rated, Most played, Recently played are going to be included?

Again Thanks!

yes, i am implementing everything available from getAlbumList in the subsonic api

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-08

0.3.0 released (see first post for full info)

think i fixed and added everything people asked for here (with the exception of SSL - still don't have an SSL enabled server to test against - anyone want to give me a temp login?)

let me know if there's anything wrong or missing!

t0mm0

- SCSI - 2011-05-09

Sent you a PM Smile

- waltermmm - 2011-05-10

Are here people who would like to test my server?

I have no working XBMC setup to test it.

if so, pm me.

walter

- aaronb - 2011-05-10

Don't know if this will help you or not, but seems like it could be useful

https://github.com/crustymonkey/py-sonic

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-10

aaronb Wrote:Don't know if this will help you or not, but seems like it could be useful

https://github.com/crustymonkey/py-sonic

thanks, looks interesting - i'll check it out

- Peevb - 2011-05-18

Hey,

First of all thank you so much for developing. And please allow me to donate ! I've been busy some evenings with the plugin and studied every post but yet I can't get it working. I'm running xbmc (svn 30697 Build in okt last year) on a xbox. I tried several xbmc builds for xbox but that didn't really help me running the script. I get the ”script failed error”. I use your subsonic (v0.3.0) from SCV repo installer. I tried both the ftp and scv repo install. I noticed that you prefer log's more so there we go:

00:04:44 M: 30875648 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
00:04:44 M: 28606464 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
00:04:44 M: 28606464 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named xbmcaddon
00:04:44 M: 28590080 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\plugins\music\Subsonic\default.py", line 19, in ?
from resources.lib.Subsonic import Addon, Subsonic
File "Q:\plugins\music\Subsonic\resources\lib\Subsonic\Addon.py", line 23, in ?
import xbmc, xbmcaddon, xbmcgui, xbmcplugin
ImportError: No module named xbmcaddon
00:04:45 M: 32825344 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://music/Subsonic/
00:04:45 M: 32825344 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://music/Subsonic/) failed

After some google-ing on "No module named xbmcaddon" I checked 100 times if I have the right version of your plugin. But yup I do.

Please help, I would be really glad to tell my friends our groupstreamer is working.

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-19

hi!

Peevb Wrote:Hey,

First of all thank you so much for developing. And please allow me to donate ! I've been busy some evenings with the plugin and studied every post but yet I can't get it working. I'm running xbmc (svn 30697 Build in okt last year) on a xbox. I tried several xbmc builds for xbox but that didn't really help me running the script. I get the ”script failed error”. I use your subsonic (v0.3.0) from SCV repo installer. I tried both the ftp and scv repo install. I noticed that you prefer log's more so there we go:

00:04:44 M: 30875648 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
00:04:44 M: 28606464 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
00:04:44 M: 28606464 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named xbmcaddon
00:04:44 M: 28590080 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\plugins\music\Subsonic\default.py", line 19, in ?
from resources.lib.Subsonic import Addon, Subsonic
File "Q:\plugins\music\Subsonic\resources\lib\Subsonic\Addon.py", line 23, in ?
import xbmc, xbmcaddon, xbmcgui, xbmcplugin
ImportError: No module named xbmcaddon
00:04:45 M: 32825344 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://music/Subsonic/
00:04:45 M: 32825344 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://music/Subsonic/) failed

After some google-ing on "No module named xbmcaddon" I checked 100 times if I have the right version of your plugin. But yup I do.

Please help, I would be really glad to tell my friends our groupstreamer is working.

thanks for the detailed report - it really helps fix stuff quickly!

it looks like your build is too old and i put the wrong minimum build number in my description.xml - sorry about that!

this addon requires xbmc4xbox r30805 i'm afraid which is around 31 Jan 2011

hope that helps!

t0mm0

- Peevb - 2011-05-19

Nice,

appreciate your quick response.

Seems like that was the deal. I work for a ISP in the Netherlands I'm allowed to setup my server over there so I'll have 200Mb. up and down. So it is not a problem to stream video contents to multiple users. Is this already possible in the xbox version of subsonic (v0.3.0) ?

With regards,