Kodi Community Forum
Convergence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- sjobbels - 2012-02-10

@Mudislander still having problems with the skin. I've checked the Activity monitor on my mac. The CPU with convergence is like between 50 and 70% on the home screen and tv-shows, with confluence between 20 - 50%.
My mac mini is getting too old for your nice features Smile Have to wait for the #RaspberryPi Smile

- Mudislander - 2012-02-10

Try turning off the rotating fanart, on my laptop skin sits in the 30's if sitting on videos, but if sitting on movies the percentage moves up into the 40's.

Lot of things going on in the background even when you think it's just sitting on the home screen.

Just out of interest is the svn version lower than the original fatboy ?

- sjobbels - 2012-02-11

thanks that's indeed better. My xbmc still crashes sometimes in tv shows. And most of the time with resuming a tv show.

it's Convergence svn 4.0.2. Fatboy? I don't see that one Smile

- Mudislander - 2012-02-11

sjobbels Wrote:thanks that's indeed better. My xbmc still crashes sometimes in tv shows. And most of the time with resuming a tv show.

it's Convergence svn 4.0.2. Fatboy? I don't see that one Smile

No Older ver 3 is fat boy version 4 is skinny Wink (ATM)

With TVShows the scripts TVTunes and watchlist would have come into play, you could try turning them off just to check if that makes a difference, actually the scripts cinema.experience and moviesets also check to see if they have to run, so maybe try turning them off also, shouldn't make any difference but a bug could have crept in Smile

- <M1rk0> - 2012-02-14

Very nice confluence mod.

a little thing to fix with documetary genre icon:

720p\SkinVariables.xml
Code:
<value condition="substring(ListItem.Genre,$LOCALIZE[31614],Left) | substring(Container(7000).ListItem.Genre,$LOCALIZE[31614],Left)">Document[color=red]ary[/color]</value>

language\English\strings.xml
Code:
<string id="31614">Document[color=red]ary[/color]</string>

Thank you!

- Mudislander - 2012-02-14

Hiya, nice to see someone checking on bugs Smile

Two things,

1/ I've completely changed that now, no longer a variable - but may go back, just playing around with memory issues and that sort of thing.

2/ Actually that was done on purpose, because it was checking to see if "document" was on the left of the word and therefore would catch genres - documentary and documentaries. Remember doing something similar over Sci-Fi

- Mrmills - 2012-02-14

Mudislander Wrote:@sjobbels - Fair enough, I see your point. If there are a couple more requests to remove the logo from the home screen I'll do it.

i would like to request the logo to be removed also please Smile ...or at least a hide button.. and thanks for a great skin!!

- Mudislander - 2012-02-14

Mrmills Wrote:i would like to request the logo to be removed also please Smile ...or at least a hide button.. and thanks for a great skin!!

Not another one !! Smile

In the next update of the skin you'll be able to hide the logo or replace it with whatever Described Here

Playing around with a couple of settings and ideas plus including support for Advanced Launcher, hopefully should be able to update the skin soon

PS. Personally I don't like the big blank space when I try take out the logo, so has anyone got any suggestions as to what should be there?

- Mrmills - 2012-02-15

Mudislander Wrote:Not another one !! Smile

PS. Personally I don't like the big blank space when I try take out the logo, so has anyone got any suggestions as to what should be there?

what about the 6 playing " back" "play" "pause" stop" buttons ? when music is playing there is no way to pause or stop the playback from the homescreen..

another suggestion would be to make the sidemenu smaller or thinner as there is alot of space between the left side of the screen and the menus..
and alot of the fanart has the artist in the middle of the pictures so by moving the line down thru the screen a little to the left alot more of the art wont get devided... and a little bit less blank space.. Wink

just suggestions, and i have no skinning/coding experience at all so have no idea if its even possible Smile

- Mudislander - 2012-02-16

Mrmills Wrote:what about the 6 playing " back" "play" "pause" stop" buttons ? when music is playing there is no way to pause or stop the playback from the homescreen..

another suggestion would be to make the sidemenu smaller or thinner as there is alot of space between the left side of the screen and the menus..
and alot of the fanart has the artist in the middle of the pictures so by moving the line down thru the screen a little to the left alot more of the art wont get devided... and a little bit less blank space.. Wink

just suggestions, and i have no skinning/coding experience at all so have no idea if its even possible Smile

Hmm, will think about the playback buttons, just incase you didn't know - keyboard or remote users can bring up the now playing menu with "m" key or menu button. Actually by pressing the left key or button will take you to full screen mode of whatever's playing. (Very small arrow shows up near CDCase)

I agree the menu does take a wack of room on the screen, but am not willing to change it and as you can see in screenie below, once focused the longer menu items eg favourites only just fits without having to scroll.

Actually there's a bug in that screenie Wink - Favourites shouldn't be focused when obviously the playing now menu is up and in focus.

P.S You can also see I've increased the font size in the bottom scroller.

- Mrmills - 2012-02-16

Ahh ok.. on my screen there is more space between the left side of the screen and favorites.. can't post a screenshot but the space is the size of 4 letters .. there is room to write ****favorites.. i did a force refresh of the repo and my version is 4.0.2.. is there a newer version out?
i knew the m for menu shortcut.. could that menu be moved to the lower left corner then when called so the buttons were available and the menu didnt "hide" the fanart?

and last the milliondollar question.. could there be made 2 volume buttons in the now playing menu? i know im asking alot Smile

- Mudislander - 2012-02-17

Mrmills Wrote:Ahh ok.. on my screen there is more space between the left side of the screen and favorites.. can't post a screenshot but the space is the size of 4 letters .. there is room to write ****favorites.. i did a force refresh of the repo and my version is 4.0.2.. is there a newer version out?
i knew the m for menu shortcut.. could that menu be moved to the lower left corner then when called so the buttons were available and the menu didnt "hide" the fanart?

and last the milliondollar question.. could there be made 2 volume buttons in the now playing menu? i know im asking alot Smile

Actually I've been seeing quite a lot of requests for volume buttons on the home screen around the forum, normal reaction is use a remote Smile However I've been playing around this morning and it's still a bit flakey but how does the screenie look. Left two buttons are for volume not channels.

ATM v4.0.2 is the latest version out, seem to have got delayed with next update, actually still not happy with genre handeling so back to the drawing board Sad Should be out in a fortnight or so

- Mrmills - 2012-02-17

Thats perfect! Its just the way i wanted it to be... Thank you so much, i look forward to the update

ps. dont know if you know this but there is a small bug in the music "Suggested" no matter what album out of the 4 i choose it starts playing the first listed

- Mudislander - 2012-02-18

Mrmills Wrote:Thats perfect! Its just the way i wanted it to be... Thank you so much, i look forward to the update

ps. dont know if you know this but there is a small bug in the music "Suggested" no matter what album out of the 4 i choose it starts playing the first listed

Must admit I quite like the buttons there as well, small problem though XBMC doesn't recognise a long mouse button press, so if you use a mouse (I don't) you have to repeatedly click away to change the volume.

Re the suggested music, I'll look at it, probably got myself confused somewhere as the widget shows the latest items until watchlist kicks in and then changes over

Edit: Fixed, too much cut and paste & left all the album paths pointing to the 1st album Sad

- Mrmills - 2012-02-19

Mudislander Wrote:Must admit I quite like the buttons there as well, small problem though XBMC doesn't recognise a long mouse button press, so if you use a mouse (I don't) you have to repeatedly click away to change the volume.

I can live with that Smile thanks again