Kodi Community Forum
Convergence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Convergence - Mudislander - 2012-03-15

Never tried them, will go and have a look.

Edit - I like SuperTV !!! Big Grin - Think maybe we should swap out LiveStreams for it ??

RE: Convergence - kyotocafe - 2012-03-20

(2012-03-15, 11:51)Mudislander Wrote: Never tried them, will go and have a look.

Edit - I like SuperTV !!! Big Grin - Think maybe we should swap out LiveStreams for it ??

That would be great Smile

RE: Convergence - Mudislander - 2012-03-23

I've been thinking about enlarging the home screen widgets. Nothing set in stone and to be honest I'm undecided and so am looking for comments about the idea. Obviously with such big pannels other things will have to go, do to overcrowding.

RE: Convergence - Mrmills - 2012-03-24

(2012-03-23, 22:07)Mudislander Wrote: I've been thinking about enlarging the home screen widgets. Nothing set in stone and to be honest I'm undecided and so am looking for comments about the idea. Obviously with such big pannels other things will have to go, do to overcrowding.

I like the idea of bigger widgets.. looks great, maybe with more small covers?

How about a main menu button called "suggested" with all the suggested from music movies and so on together? .Unsorted or Sorted i 3 or 4 rows.. With covers the same size as in suggested from the movies.. It would be like the "favorites" but with smaller covers and sorted.. And again i have no idea if its possible, just an idea..

RE: Convergence - Mudislander - 2012-03-24

(2012-03-24, 12:23)Mrmills Wrote: I like the idea of bigger widgets.. looks great, maybe with more small covers?

How about a main menu button called "suggested" with all the suggested from music movies and so on together? .Unsorted or Sorted i 3 or 4 rows.. With covers the same size as in suggested from the movies.. It would be like the "favorites" but with smaller covers and sorted.. And again i have no idea if its possible, just an idea..

My problem with a suggested menu item is that it takes a little while to kick off ( at XBMC start), if you notice all my suggested widgets start with showing "recently added" untill the watchlist script kicks in, just so they have content. Another issue is the different sizes of thumbnails eg DVD's tall, CD's square and banners very wide. I think it's quite difficult to accommodate the variations - look at thumbnail view on occasions. I'll have a look though and see what it looks like. ATM I've only been playing with movies as in the screenshot. Could probably push in another column depends on the space to the main menu submenu area, but panel contains upto 25 thumbnails and have just put in a scroll bar. I do like having the thumbnails big enough that they are legible with out losing too much definition through resizing.

Im sure it will be great .. Looking forward to the update, any eta?.

Ps. If you get the time, the volumebuttons dosnt change color with the rest of the skin when changing theme and color.. Hope its an easy fix ?

RE: Convergence - Mudislander - 2012-03-24

(2012-03-24, 13:53)Mrmills Wrote: Im sure it will be great .. Looking forward to the update, any eta?.

Ps. If you get the time, the volumebuttons dosnt change color with the rest of the skin when changing theme and color.. Hope its an easy fix ?

No ETA just yet - quite a lot to change Smile

Re: themes and colours - There are some differences between the Confluence and Convergence media folders, that's why some icons don't change. It's on the todo list for a proper Convergence colour theme. For now what's your favourites colour ? I could probably whack something together for you. B.T.W. the volumedownbutton should change to red once XBMC is muted, which may have to change for themes.

I use the mediterran colour and theme.. I can wait for the update :-) but new screenshots would be nice while waiting..

RE: Convergence - hdmax - 2012-03-25

With 6 flat panel TV's over 50" the larger icons would be a welcome addition.

(2012-03-23, 22:07)Mudislander Wrote: I've been thinking about enlarging the home screen widgets. Nothing set in stone and to be honest I'm undecided and so am looking for comments about the idea. Obviously with such big pannels other things will have to go, do to overcrowding.

RE: Convergence - Mudislander - 2012-03-25

(2012-03-25, 05:26)hdmax Wrote: With 6 flat panel TV's over 50" the larger icons would be a welcome addition.

I've only got 1 50" Sad to make it worse - it's a rear projection TV and I've noticed recently that this skin is looking really dark. Maybe the bulb as the skin is certainly a lot clearer on the laptop. trying to steal wife's smaller LED TV to test.

I think maybe a step too far, but the other skin I like the home screen is ReFocus and on a wim have been playing around.

RE: Convergence - Mrmills - 2012-03-25

The screenshot looks great!!!! Om my 64" plasma the skin looks amazing.. Not at all to dark..

(2012-03-25, 13:40)Mrmills Wrote: The screenshot looks great!!!! Om my 64" plasma the skin looks amazing.. Not at all to dark..

64" - Well I'm well jealous Rolleyes Glad to hear the skin's not too dark for you, Which screenshot do you prefer, We will have 4 movie poster per row, which equals 3 CD cases to the row as they're wider. But was playing around (not in the mood for serious code work) and don't know if I like the last screenshot with the darkened background and no defined menu bar - Also at present have no idea what todo with submenus if I went that way. But I do like not having a panel behind the suggested icons and putting the old library stats into the menu.

well i like both the old looks better with the defined menubar, and on the second i like the extra row and the way the panel fades out.. so if i could choose i would like the old homescreen but with the 4 rows and the fadeeffect on the panel...
another way would be to make extra homemenues so you didnt have to make room for the submenu but i like the way it look now :-) cant wait to try it out !

(2012-03-25, 17:03)Mrmills Wrote: well i like both the old looks better with the defined menubar, and on the second i like the extra row and the way the panel fades out.. so if i could choose i would like the old homescreen but with the 4 rows and the fadeeffect on the panel...
another way would be to make extra homemenues so you didnt have to make room for the submenu but i like the way it look now :-) cant wait to try it out !

Big Grin Submenus fit in. Have actually taken out content panel and only left title bar.

Perfect! Hope to see a new svn version soon :-)