Kodi Community Forum
Convergence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Convergence - Mrmills - 2012-04-16

Have you had a chance to look at the submenu mouse problem?

RE: Convergence - djmcnz - 2012-04-29

A few quick questions:

1. Is it possible to stop the main menu items repeating?

i.e. I have - Movies | TV Shows | Sports

And the display is:

Movies | TV Shows | Sports | Settings | Movies | TV Shows

Which is less than ideal visually. I don't want to add extraneous items into the list to artificially expand it.

2. Can I get rid of "Settings" on the main menu and call it up somehow like in ConfluenceMod? ('C')?

3. Is there are half-wall view? I can't find it anywhere... Sad

This certainly one of the best Eden skins as I can't stand horizontal... but I just loved ConfluenceMod and would love some of the functional and aesthetic pleasures from that.

RE: Convergence - Mudislander - 2012-04-29

@djmcnz, Was checking on something for you and just found a major issue of Convergence on my system Big Grin but have been messing around with it for something else and now I can't hide any of my menu items.

Will be getting back to this skin, have been trying out a different menu system on another mod, which would fix problem #1 for you.

2: Hiding "Settings" is always something I've been worried about, some people would get well confused. I had an idea a while back that if you're logged in under the "master profile" then you could set "Settings" as hidden in all other profiles. ATM it's just a thought and may not be practical, but would something like that work for you ?

3: There was a halfwall view a few versions back, have been meaning to re-do it for a while now. Will get to it next week.

RE: Convergence - djmcnz - 2012-04-30

(2012-04-29, 15:03)Mudislander Wrote: @djmcnz, Was checking on something for you and just found a major issue of Convergence on my system Big Grin but have been messing around with it for something else and now I can't hide any of my menu items.

Will be getting back to this skin, have been trying out a different menu system on another mod, which would fix problem #1 for you.

2: Hiding "Settings" is always something I've been worried about, some people would get well confused. I had an idea a while back that if you're logged in under the "master profile" then you could set "Settings" as hidden in all other profiles. ATM it's just a thought and may not be practical, but would something like that work for you ?

3: There was a halfwall view a few versions back, have been meaning to re-do it for a while now. Will get to it next week.

Looking forward to the updates.

As for settings, I think C/Mod has it right. The 'power' menu ("s") actually brings up a far more functional 'options' menu. This also is available via the Power buttin on the home screen.

I'll check out that other version, I did see it but didn't know it had half view, thanks.

RE: Convergence - Mudislander - 2012-04-30

Actually having "Settings" on that menu is not a bad idea Smile

The version of Convergence with the halfwall view is long gone, don't think I've even got it - had to make space. Of the current Convergence versions the .svn version gets all the new ideas added. The idea being once anything new is working as it should, then the normal Convergence gets it.

Problem being I don't even obey my own rules Big Grin

RE: Convergence - psikohunter - 2012-05-03

My favorite skin of all time.
The only gripe i have is the removal of Media info.
I liked that layout much better than Media info 2.
Been avoid the because of that one thing.
Otherwise perfect. Many Thanks

RE: Convergence - Mudislander - 2012-05-03

Sorry Big Grin Actually a couple of views were removed "temporarily" - they needed overhauling and will return eventually

RE: Convergence - psikohunter - 2012-05-09

Well that is awesome to hear. Look forward to it, and still two thumbs up

RE: Convergence - sprucas - 2012-07-10

Hi,

Just wanted to say that i love this theme it works really well. I have crossed over from MediaPortal with StreamedMP theme - and the WAF has increased Rofl

However, found a little bug

in EPG timeline view if I hit "c" for context menu on a show - nothing happens

whereas in Confluence a menu is presented - i have attached a screenshot of the Confluence menu

is this easy to resolve?

sprucas

RE: Convergence - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2012-07-22

Ive got two questions, the first being with weather plus seeming to be dead are there plans to switch to the weatherunderground and their newest updates, or google weather, and second how do I change the movie background from a fanart slide show to a static image?

Also, what method is the easiest to resolve rtmp urls, I am looking to add some custom ones in the streaming tab, I have tried ones from various xml files and they don't seem to work.

Thanks.

RE: Convergence - Mudislander - 2012-07-22

You're in luck, this morning I decided to totally re-code Convergence from the ground up, weather will probably be provided by weatherunderground - but have not looked at google weather in quite a time so had probably at least look at it first.

To stop the movies background in setting under skin under General Settings the 5th toggle switch under the heading Home screen display is "Hide Rotating FanArt home Menu" enable it. Then you'll be able to pick up Movies in "Background Customizer" section with all the other backgrounds.

Have been away from this skin for a few months, and that did seem involved, had to dig around a bit. So there's another thing to simplify.

Re resolving rtmp urls, sorry but I'm hopeless at that, and have the same problem as you.

Anything you'd like to see included or changed let me know - I may agree with you Big Grin

Re: Convergence - sprucas - 2012-07-23

Great to hear you are reworking the skin. I posted an issue 3 posts back on context menu issue in pvr section

Screen grab is of confluence, but convergence doesnt present a menu at all

sprucas

RE: Convergence - wilson.joe - 2012-07-23

If you need any themes tossed together let me know. Are you going to put the git back up too?

RE: Convergence - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2012-07-23

(2012-07-22, 15:41)Mudislander Wrote: You're in luck, this morning I decided to totally re-code Convergence from the ground up, weather will probably be provided by weatherunderground - but have not looked at google weather in quite a time so had probably at least look at it first.

To stop the movies background in setting under skin under General Settings the 5th toggle switch under the heading Home screen display is "Hide Rotating FanArt home Menu" enable it. Then you'll be able to pick up Movies in "Background Customizer" section with all the other backgrounds.

Have been away from this skin for a few months, and that did seem involved, had to dig around a bit. So there's another thing to simplify.

Re resolving rtmp urls, sorry but I'm hopeless at that, and have the same problem as you.

Anything you'd like to see included or changed let me know - I may agree with you Big Grin

You Sir are a Gentleman and a Scholar. Probably the one thing I would like to be added are more media type views, specifically for wide icons, I find the fan art wide icon view from metropolis to be one of my favorites. Also is there a way that you can think of to make the skin more eye friendly on a smaller screen? I've got a much smaller tv in my bed room than I do in my main room, mabye a way to increase the font size for smaller tv's without throwing the skin layout off. Thanks for all your hard work.

RE: Convergence - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2012-07-23

just another idea I have been kicking around, I don't know if this is even possible, but if it is I am wondering if it could be implemented in other skins. The Question is would it be possible to create a script of some sort that would allow you to enter the size of your television and your viewing distance giving a viewable font size for any given skin without messing up the skin layout. hopefully I did not confuse anyone with that. If something like that is possible what are your thoughts?