Kodi Community Forum
Convergence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

update v2.0.6 - Mudislander - 2011-05-15

Few bugs found

- BugFix MusicViz not defaulting to orig fanart if no extrafanart
- BugFix Analouge Hour Hand to Move on the Half Hour (eg 9:45 now shows 9:45 not 8:45)
- BugFix Weather+ Views Not Remembering Default View

Added Showcase View to Movie Listings

- sjobbels - 2011-05-16

@Mudislander is it also possible to disable your logo of Convergence in the menu's?
thanks!

- Mudislander - 2011-05-16

Quote:@Mudislander is it also possible to disable your logo of Convergence in the menu's?
thanks!
Hi There. Sorry the logo is stuck there, and to be honest my feeling is that a skin should be proud enough to show it's name. However if you want to remove the logo from the copy on your machine just edit Home.xml and delete the following from near the bottom of the file.

Code:
<control type="image">
     <posx>10</posx>
     <posy>80r</posy>
     <width>256</width>
     <height>73</height>
     <texture>Convergence_Logo.png</texture>
</control>
Please be aware that everytime the skin updates you'll have to redo the edit. Also the file Home.xml does change between updates so you will not be ables to reuse your edited version.

- sjobbels - 2011-05-17

Thanks!
I agree that you have to show your name Smile , but it is a bit too much on the screen.

- Mudislander - 2011-05-17

@sjobbels - Fair enough, I see your point. If there are a couple more requests to remove the logo from the home screen I'll do it.

Translation - bsoriano - 2011-05-17

Mudislander,

I can translate to neutral Spanish if you wish. Just let me know where I can find the file.

Regards,

Bart

Re: Translation - Mudislander - 2011-05-18

@bsoriano That would be brilliant, Thanks.
I've been a bit naughty/lazy and have hardcoded some of the labels, so if you give me a day or two I'll convert them to strings so they can be translated.
There are a few ways that you will be able to get the language source file -
If you have or get a Google Account the best way would be to P.M. me on this forum with your email address & I can add you to the project at Google where you can edit the source file as soon as I create it.
Alternatively if you prefer I can make the file available for download and you could email it back to me.

Cheers Bruce.

- sjobbels - 2011-05-18

or just use the convergence logo and delete the layer of Confluence. That's better for the eye and for your work Smile

- bsoriano - 2011-05-18

I'll PM you my e-mail. If you don't mind, send me the file and I'll e-mail it back to you.

Regards,

Bart

- Mudislander - 2011-05-18

Quote:or just use the convergence logo and delete the layer of Confluence
@sjobbels are you talking about the xbmc in the background? As you can see I'm no artist, not even stick men with a PC :o

bsoriano Wrote:I'll PM you my e-mail. If you don't mind, send me the file and I'll e-mail it back to you.
OK - Got it Thanks. Been working on the labels today, about halfway through.

- sjobbels - 2011-05-18

Yes I mean xbmc.
Another question, are you planning to add clear art with pause?

Quote:are you planning to add clear art with pause

Yes I am. Was just trying to get used to the new OSD for pause etc. Actually think I'll go back to the original Confluence ones.

- venealis - 2011-05-31

hello is anyone out there. i was hopeing this is one of those modifications to confluence that wouldn't die out.

Fork in the Road - Mudislander - 2011-05-31

venealis Wrote:hello is anyone out there. i was hopeing this is one of those modifications to confluence that wouldn't die out.

Hiya, yep still here and working on the mod.

I've come up against an important decision and can't make up my mind which way to go, so if anyone has a preference on the below let me know.

My initial idea for this skin was the same as Confluence in that it was to be easy for first time users. To that effect all the mods including other little things like conditional weather art or animated icons were enabled by default.

However the skin including fanart was getting way to large, so I decided that the user should be able to add little exras like genre icons or fanart, studio logos or even use different weather icons.

Backgrounds work fine with no problems, however my delema stems from the icons (genre and studio) in that I cannot get them to show up properly in some lists. Below is the file list for Genre's working fine.

Unfortunately this would be the only genre/studio view for quiet a while as due to the structures of lists like Thumbnail, 3Dview, Wallstream etc the path of the genre icon has to be hardcoded which is not inline with the way I want to allow users to add extra art. Cruzannavy's genrelow list would also work. There is no problem with then using the icon in movie lists, a quick example below.

Weather icons have a similar problem if used with the weatherplus addon the icon will not show in the 10Day and Hourly forcasts.

The crux of the matter is if I allow users to add art where they want it, (so avoiding hidden directories for new users maybe using a operating sys they are not used to.) I will have limited ways to list the added art.

Or do I take the route everyone else uses and force users to use a hardcoded directory which would be off the media folder in the skin directory, bearing in mind windows users running a livecd version of XBMC.

Actually while typing a mad idea has come to me - I need a script to sync a users directory to a hardcoded one. Which aint gonna happen.